MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I’d be interested to see a coin ranking in terms of 24hr volume as a percentage of market cap. Has anyone seen that?

1 Like

And rather XLM with 3m chart?

1 Like

Were you the one that just pumped 700k Maid on Polo?

Between the two exchanges, almost 100 BTC to spike it to 4300. 5 BTC to walk it back down and fill the gap. If they are doing it to pump it they picked a bad day and will have to do a lot more to get anything going. If it was a straight buy, then that was a nice pickup :slight_smile: Otherwise just a whale thrashing around in the kiddie pool.

1 Like

Looks like we’re in for a crazy week.

1 Like

You can sort coinmarketcap by clicking the header, if that helps?

But that gives the absolute number in USD. I’d also like to see a number relative to market cap.

It’s too big to post here, but dead easy to do. Get the copytables extension for your browser and just whack it into excel and add a column.

Spoiler: Tether with 200% wins by a country mile. Big names… BTC, XRP, BCH etc all around 5% which is high for any period except the fall 2017 pump. ETH at 12%, so something is up there. 1-2% is typical for a decent alt under normal conditions. Lots of P&D alts can hit 30-100% for a short period. MAID at 1%, which is double its average for the last little while (something is up).

Hard to say what this metric shows now though… lots of wash trading, so liquidity is definitely not as good as it appears at face value. The only valid metric I think is comparing volume as a percent of cap vs itself. Each coin has different ‘fake trading’ rates, but most have a pretty stable baseline. See it double and you know something is up.

3 Likes

What you are describing shouldn’t be hard to do. But it would be nice having a site where you could watch these changes live. Wanna code one and post the link here? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, no not me. In a perfect world it would be but unfortunately it’s not.

New 1 year lows for bitcoin, being the gateway con surly this will impact alt prices.

Maid is back under $0.20

Keeping my gunpowder dry, just feels like it’s not right to buy.

We might be riding this down past Xmas

2 Likes

I’m no good at timing so couldn’t resist and bought a few thousand. If it goes lower will keep doing the same

4 Likes

Yes, this is a possibility as the sh#% rolls down hill.

4 Likes

I have to admit, after many months of not giving a toss about the bears I am starting to look at my wallets and feeling very light… not liking it much.

6 Likes

Agree with that, the tougher it gets the more this project will gather pace. What is the chance of a live network coming to fruition around the time of the next halving?

Might be a few spare dollaroos floating about in the space ready to pile in somewhere that is actually useful…just a thought.

Patience and persistence will find the big golden door, but don’t tell everyone that, they’ll think you’ve lost the plot :shushing_face:

2 Likes

With the kind of hype and money that goes on a correction like this is expected. When the tide subsides we will know who was swimming naked. David and Nick best have nice swimsuits on. :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

They said buy the dip. But when will it dip :sweat_smile::rofl:

1 Like

and who said we need more marketing and more exchanges to climb back up the rankings :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :no_mouth: :smile:

Ps: anyone know what planet Substratum and Skycoin disappeared to? :wink:

4 Likes

Yup, hype means nothing right now… the market is gripped by a much stronger emotion - FEAR!

People are going to be looking at their portfolios with fresh, panicked eyes. What has real quality and potential, beyond a bottomless ICO funded marketing push? I am happy with my safe choice right now! :wink:

5 Likes

You can make gains with shitcoins on the short term, but on the long term Quality projects always win!
And long term is what people never think about

2 Likes