MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Good point to consider, though I can’t imagine that would happen.

Much of the internet traffic is coming from legal and illegal multimedia streaming and sharing (Netflix, YouTube, bittorrent), for which the SAFE network will be a vastly superior method than the current ones. We can assume that at least some of the legal, and definitely most of the illegal, stuff will migrate to the SAFE network, the latter even faster than the former.

In short, we won’t have a PUT crisis.

As for the market cap / USD value. It would help to make it convenient to use in everyday life (i.e. bank card convenient), and then the sky’s the limit.

1 Like

Yea I agree. I for one will throw everything I’ve got on the safenet as soon as I’m “convinced” that it actually works. I need a secure backup solution asap.

1 Like

I’ll do the same with a lot of my stuff, except I’ll not wait. I won’t have my only copy on the Safe Network at first though.

Is that math right?
I divided $1Trillion Market Cap from the current MAID, $37,313,806 Market Cap = 26799.
The current price per MAID coin is $0.082452… Multiplied by by 26799 = $2209 per MAID?

So it doesn’t even need to reach $500Billion Market Cap to be $1000 per MAID.

Oh well I forgot the end-result of MAID’s 4.3billion coins. Well!! Maybe good to sell sometime before that happens. But I’m just going to keep all my money in SAFE, forever. That’s why they call it SAFE, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Lol, you made my day with that price each maid i never have to work again inc. 5 generations comming.

But lets be fair maidsafe wont reach those levels unless the $ gets useless or hyper inflation.

I think we should be happy when we get ever on the level that bitcoin is on now.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be to sure that this is the case if you keep using US Dollars :wink:

1 Like

No i use the euro (not that its any better) ,but prob i would focus on entrepreneurship and quit my job

2 Likes

It’s gonna go down soon, though. Deutsche Bank is about to be bankrupt, taking Europe with them. Germany will bail them out, but it wont help. Housing Crash in the states is next, then goodbye… Long live Fiat! :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Bacobob

fly little birdy, fly!

3 Likes

couple k more and 1 buy 10k worth shares

1 Like

how do you know they will bail out?
it’s not moral to do this, they will throw on trash they rhetorical on greece’s and cyprus

I might be wrong, I don’t have any more possible insight into what’s really happening than most others. But: Deutsche Bank is one of the most important banks worldwide, certainly within the EU. If they go bust, it’s bad. Their shares have plummeted and yesterday they briefly even crossed the 10€ mark, which is pretty pretty bad (psychologically…). Theres elections next year in Germany, the worst timing for yet another financial crisis. So the German government has two options: Let them go bankrupt, and risk a recession, which is really bad for the current government regarding the elections. Or bail them out.
But aside from that, really it was never about “helping greece” or anything like that. It has always been about preserving German dominance over the EU. Schäuble has his own agenda, as does the German government.
That’s my train of thought. Also very off-topic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hard to say what will happen. They *will try a bank bail-in first where the customers’ accounts are pulled for liquidity. However, DB has 600 Billion Euros in deposit accounts so if DB’s customers get skittish and start withdrawing their money, no one will be able to save the mighty Deutsche Bank.

It’s too bad Safecoin is not ready to take some of this fiat overflow.

3 Likes

We should probably start a new topic about Deutsche Bank. But yeah, correct, that’s where the weakness of DB is, and of any bank for that matter. After a drop to an all time low of €9.89 today, DB’s stock price recovered to €11.50 somewhere if i remember correctly. Because of some rumour… But this was definitely a relief rally in my opinion, doomed to get an aftershock (aka disappointment dump) sooner or later. I’ve checked the rumour, it claims that the DoJ fine will be settled for $5.4B. Much lower than the $14B initially proposed by DoJ. However, even that new, lower, amount will still blow away completely the reserves that DB set aside for future legal punishments, meaning there are no reserves anymore for upcoming fines for Silver rigging, Gold rigging, Russian activities and many other fines from the 6,000 lawsuits they are fighting. As a shareholder I would still be very worried…

Tyler Durden from Zerohedge summarized it nicely:

“Confused? Don’t worry: everything that happened today was only meant to make sure DB did not enter a 3-day weekend at its all time low price as hedge funds continue to withdraw any excess cash they have with the bank while buying up as much 1 Year Credit Default Swaps as they can find.”

OK back on topic now lol! Safecoin will be ready in time, I’m sure. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Is it just me that gets the feeling the maidsafecoin price is about to explode? Lots of good news and a soon to be successful equity sale will surely whip up some enthusiasm.

6 Likes

I’m normally into collective gut reads and optimism as a force that exists to bring the price up. But my brain really says that he wants to get my $3000 I loaned out to various people back before then :frowning: so I can invest it back in MAID. So I think, It’ll go up when it does… in my [invalidated due to being dumb and loaning money out to anyone in the first place] opinion.

But in other ways of thinking, sure BNK’s success is hugely great, but in terms of acceleration of productivity. What the MAID holders really want, especially after loads of false promises (in their eyes) is Safecoin, and of course the final product being bug-free. Then we are really go, which should go without saying.

Not saying it can’t go up some, as there’s always new crowds of people to help it upwards… but… again the ultimate recurring fact is that whales are the ones that decide everything (until full safecoin/product/publicity, which is pretty much what sums up this whole thread, in the long run).

1 Like

This reminds me of this old bitcoin thread.

So, what are you going to do, when (if) MaidSafe hit $1000/MAID?

“I might buy an island.” :wink:

3 Likes

lol, but MAID would have to get 204x as big as BTC was at it’s $1k-ish height to reach $1,000 per MAID.

Totally possible, with mass adoption :slight_smile: And doesn’t need to get that high to see the same returns as BTC delivered, in proportion.

So IDK why I’m noting this strange little fact :stuck_out_tongue: anywho…

1 Like

That thread ends so… sadly. Hindsight etc. Haha

1 Like

Great thread… as one of the last posters in nov 2013 noted…

"i guess the most people in 2011 dont hold their coins until today when the price hits 1000 USD…

you have to be a bad motherfecker to be so cool"

It has been easy enough to HODL through plateaus, dips and modest/impressive gains… how easy would it be to hold if/when safecoin is measured in dollars rather than cents? Greed, fear, generosity, the reasons to sell will be endless once they are worth a decent amount of money. It must be tough to continue to hodl through any epic gains. Be nice finding out how tough lol. Another great reason for buying equity in maidsafe though, just in case :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes