MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Bitcoin is the only significant way to get in to or get out of crypto. Until that changes, nothing will change.

1 Like

If the Safe network is successful, it’ll be an incredible long term investment.

I can’t see the market cap of a successful Safe network being anything under a few hundred billion dollars, and possibly much more.

Obviously there are risks that mean this isn’t certain, but I can’t imagine any ‘stats’ could indicate MAID is a poor long term investment, assuming network success.

2 Likes

So what is your suggestion then? MAID is certainly not the best crypto to trade and while it of course might fail it has an equal chance in this landscape to be a massive winner for a longtime. Investing is about risk management if you want to just be comfortable. Massive gains come from value investing and having companies/projects deliver on there promises. At this stage it’s all speculation but if you’re looking at this from a risk assessment standpoint and not a multiple of a value, then any crypto is not the right choice. With all that being said if they deliver in the next 12-18 months, look out because this will be on a level all its own.

2 Likes

Said much more eloquently then what I just wrote haha. That was my point exactly. If it’s not a good long term play and it’s not great for trading why would you be in this at all? Well said sir.

The problem with MAIDSAFE was always its connection with BTC and the crypto market to begin with. It is such a greart project that is stuck in the swamp of silly and mostly ignorant investors who are inspired either by greed or fear. In some ways it would have been better for the company to keep a low profile, and out of the crypto market, until after the release of the network, if that was at all possible. But that is not the case, and so we rise and fall with it. I do think enough people believe in it to keep MAID alive and well.

2 Likes

Throwing this out there. I believe there is a likely chance Bitcoin can fall to the $1-2k region (youtube Tyler Jenks and Hyperwave). If and When that happens I expect MAID to fall to the 5c support. How long will that take? A while I guess, 6-9 months maybe.

If Bitcoin manages to hold $5k on the weekly close and never penetrate lower then perhaps ~12-15c will be the bottom.

But anyway Bitcoin is currently breaking a long held $6k important support line and that spells Doooooom. Eth already broke very important support. Winter is a comin´. MAID is in the exact same boat as all the other Alts incl Bitcoin. I suggest to throw MAID fundamental analysis out the window for now.

Disclaimer: I have invested in MAID and have no intention of selling even though I believe it will go way lower. I married this position a while ago and am happy to ride it down. I´m throwing this info out there partly because of my Ego wanting a pat on the back when we do happen to go very low but also to just voice the opinion that right now is NOT the time to be buying just yet.

Chart: breaking a support line (blue or red) makes the price fall to the next line down.

3 Likes

Its all just words and opinion.

Buy low, sell high. Thats the rule.

And it CANT get much lower than this.
( Dependant on your perspective, of course. )

Maid didn’t have the same boom as the others, so why would you expect the same bust?

1 Like

I think speculators do not see MAID as a pump worthy candidate because of the long timescales.
On the other hand, MAID has fallen 55-60% (USD-wise) in only the last 15 days! That seems like pretty good correlation to the crypto market.
All the cryptos are irreversibly connected to each other for now and ofc to Bitcoin. Even if MAID manages not to fall against Bitcoin (which it has not!) It WILL fall against USD if Bitcoin collapses.

All I’m suggesting is invest amount that’s relative to the risk. Most invetments that have tremendous potential in gains have significant risks. The stats I’m referring to is not specific to Maid but the level of risk associated with it. For anyone who believes it’s a safe and risk free investment, by all means mortgage the house.

Sure, I guess I like to break it down further. I like to take the line that bitcoin is an insurance policy over a bloated fiat system. In that effect, at least for the time being, I think ethereum is an insurance policy against bitcoin should something overtake bitcoin. Further than that, MAID is an insurance policy against blockchain in its entirety. Other Alts are just smaller portions of speculation. So while all of them can fall apart and be worth zero, to me that is a good way to protect against going to zero, unless everything really just dumps on itself, which I do not think will happen.

1 Like

It secured funding that would’ve been hard to secure any other way at the time. Investing and trading are different. Investing is for the long term prospects of Safecoin, trading is about the current price of MAID. If somebody can’t make up his mind about which of those two he wants, he’ll be up for a lot of confusion because they have no correlation whatsoever.

3 Likes

For scalping and other mean-reversion methods. For momentum trading, it’s buy high, sell higher. These two behave very differently. You will see small and steady profits and occasional big losses. Momentum traders see small and steady decline with occasional big wins. Both can work when done right and at the right market regime, and both can fail when done wrong or during the wrong market regime. Crashes, for one, can bankrupt a mean-reversion strategy (you’ll keep buying till rock bottom and those bounces not always come) but they won’t affect a momentum trader all that much.

Zero is the bottom. Should I say, there’s enough space for two 90% drops from 2,000 to 20.

1 Like

I thought just that when MAID fell to 10k. Back then, that was considered a tested and trusted support, and the idea of going down to current prices would have been seen as madness.
Now I would not be surprised if MAID goes below 1k.

If i bought low and sold high, i would always make a profit!
Say what you want, i would like profits, if its not broke, dont fix it.

The price has dropped from an ATH of .00029350 on polo, this years ATH of apx .00008666 on polo.
Relatively, we could only possibly drop a possible total of apx 11% or apx 38% respectively.

As i said, it depends on your perspective.
IMHO, the emphasis on my, it CANT get much lower.

1. The market doesn’t always cooperate. Sometimes that bounce is just never coming. Enron, anyone?

1. Your balls may be too small at the worst moment and you’ll bail just before the bounce.

There’s no Divine Law of Trading that would justify those statements.

Fun experiment you can do in a minute on Tradingview. Look through the past of any coin, FOREX pair, stock, or just anything, step by step, with the future outside the screen. You’ll find numerous times when you would say “this must really be the bottom” (or top) only to be proven a fool a few bars later as you scroll on.

Yes, it may be that the price won’t go lower and this is the bottom, and yet you would still be wrong because your argument is based on a misunderstanding about how the markets work.

Everything is relative.
Ill say no more.
Enjoy your day.

I couldn’t disagree more, unless, of course, the investor has transgressed the first rule of investing, having put in more than s/he can afford to lose.

In general, if one has not breached the barrier of their risk tolerance, I find this to be a great price at which to buy precisely because of the fundamentals. Might the price drop further? Perhaps, but that isn’t the metric that matters in this long game. Dependence on TA, in my mind, is for the shortsited who lack strategic vision buttressed by conviction. My two cents.

4 Likes

@anon96570664 looks at it as a trader, you as an investor. Both views have merit, but mixing the two leads to confusion.

If you’re investing in the future Safe Network, which most of us believe is a solid investment, buying now is a no-brainer.

@anon96570664, as a trader, should not waste time on those same fundamentals because they have little to do with the price of MAID now or in a month.

7 Likes

Remember that feeling you had when it hit $1.20 wishing you could go back and buy at $0.20 ?

Here we are !

Will it go lower? Who knows… but it’s $0.20 now.

If it crashes completely… $0.005 … Oh man, massive opertunity to bring your buy average per coin down.

$500 at $0.005 would get you 100,000 coins.
You’d be sitting pretty - that’s if you do believe where we are going.

If you put in what you can afford to lose. No brainier.

4 Likes