MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Looks like ripple is catching Maid fast :grimacing::innocent:

Ripple’s market cap is almost 100x MAID’s… I don’t think it’s ‘catching’ MAID, but give it a couple of years & MAID may well be catching ripple.

I guess having a similar per token price makes it easy to judge the performance of MAID relative to XRP, but it’s the market cap that’s more telling. The SAFE network has far more long term potential than Ripple, so success could see huge growth in MAID, even if the total crypto market moves sideways or down.

9 Likes

I wont even consider selling til at least $100 per coin. And even then would prefer 1K.

2 Likes

I think you’ll be waiting a while :slight_smile:

I will be perfectly happy at $10 a coin. And given the number of Safecoin that will be in circulation, I believe that to be a realistic market cap in the earlier stages of its adoption.

1 Like

$10 would be nice. Quite a few years away I think. Unless Bitcoin shoots to $100k

This is the bit I’m fascinated with. I don’t think the 450 odd million coins or above is representative of actual supply say during the first 12 months or so.

In addition to the burn rate I’d doubt many folk you and I included will want to be putting any decent amount of coins anywhere near the network until it’s been battle tested somewhat.

So many possible different dynamics come into play that it’s tough to even guesstimate at. A similar market cap to EOS currently during the later release candidates is a pretty grounded guess which funnily enough lands right around your happy place :wink:

However it goes down it’s still one of the best risk/reward scenarios out there currently.

I don’t see why we can’t expect to at least be at XRP levels in the next couple years. At ~100x MAID’s market cap, we are looking at $30 a coin. That doesn’t seem too far fetched.

If the crypto market bounces back strong, which I think is likely in the not too distant future, hitting a $15B market cap is not really that insane, especially as the scam projects fall away. Many people like the idea of the Safe Network, most crypto investors have just given up on the project long ago, though. Getting the project to a true Beta would do a lot to revitalize it in the market, I think.

9 Likes

I think after this crash, people won’t rush back into crypto like 2017.

People won’t set themselves up to get burned two times. Lessons learned.

Furthermore, it only pumped to $20k because the big boys from the real markets (stocks etc) wanted to win big by pumping it then shorting it on Jan 17 when the CBOE futures opened (exact date of the crash & bleeding start, in crypto), so since that is a one time thing, it has no reason to pump up like that, really ever again.

Just giving my thoughts recently. Sold almost all (besides Maid of course! :heart:).

Thought this community might benefit from opinions. Or not, Just saying.

10 Likes

10 is fine for me too :grin:

I remember hoping enthusiastically for 10cents :joy:

5 Likes

yeah. So do i. :joy::joy::joy::joy:. When its 10 everyone will be waiting for 100 :innocent:

4 Likes

I agree it may have been pumped, but I also think it was started by the dry up of BTC supply after the halving in 2016. Following this logic I expect another huge bull run in 2021. Before then I can see BTC rising slowly once this year is over and some good alts making decent moves in 2019 and 2020. I believe if maidsafe can launch beta by the beginning of 2020 we will see some huge gains in the Safecoin price that will be similar to Ethereum’s pump from 50 cent to $15 in early 2016. From here though we should be well and truely back in bull market territory, with many weak/scam alts been found out or failed, and the better, stronger projects coming to fruition.

Also you have the obvious race by the big boys to open the gates for institutional investors, with coinbase creating a platform for them as well as many others gearing up. This is all hugely bullish and gives plenty of time before the next halving, which I believe will be super hyped by the media and all those investing. It’s just a waiting game at the moment, and only really those over invested are the ones panicking right now.

5 Likes

If we move back to btc 20k and ripple makes an equal move back to its inflated highes of 120B MC there is no reason that maid can’t match that. Without knowing what the true supply and burn function will be that would put maid at somewhere between $200-$300 a coin. Sure beta needs to be up and working ect. but I think with the working platform and all the promise to think it will be 20-30 times lower then where ripple was at the height of hysteria is very very low.

1 Like

Agreed. A fate much like gold (I.e., relative price stagnation after a precipitous drop) will likely transpire for bitcoin (and all other closely correlated alts) for quite sometime, I think—unless affirmative ETF news stirs up mania to produce another round of hyper price inflation. Even then, such market performance would likely be a ticking time-bomb. Fortunately, I don’t think MAID (and ergo Safecoin) is quite as correlated to bitcoin in both market and (intended) product performance.

3 Likes

I disagree. ETFs, Lightning, Halving/final bitcoin mined, Big money getting moved into crypto during fiat recessions will be huge events. New ATHs are on the horizon. Yes it won’t happen this year, maybe even not 2019, but they are coming and btc could easily hit anywhere between 100k and 1mil in the next decade.

4 Likes

20000 is fine for me

Dude Z coin it whatever the hell it’s called is a piss take on safe and it went to 1k over night.

Looks like we might be going sub .25 very shortly. Starting to become a blood bath again.

3 Likes

I know people waiting to go all in at near 20cents

1 Like

Could be the deal of the century