It’s an interesting question, but I think things will be very different for SAFE.
When SAFE is released, among many other things, people will immediately be able to;
- access distributed social networks, email, and instant messaging (easy and safe alternative to Facebook / Twitter etc)
- upload files for sharing with zero ongoing hosting costs & no ‘seeding’ required (easier & faster than Bittorrent)
- create very low / zero fee crypto tokens that scale well (better / faster / cheaper than ERC20)
- backup data to a reliable and secure cloud (safer than Google drive etc)
- earn Safecoin by contributing their resources to the network
- browse an uncensorable Internet easily (easier than TOR)
- create web sites with no ongoing hosting fees, no down time, that are fully censorship resistant (unique & powerful)
etc etc etc, so it’s very different to Golem.
However, this requires quality apps to be available, which will hopefully happen during Alpha 4 & Beta, so that at launch the apps are ready to go and the network is very useful for normal people from day 1.
Perhaps the price will rise significantly during late Alphas and Beta though, as the network becomes more likely, so launch its self may not see a huge change if Beta is obviously useful causing demand to grow at that stage.