MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Buzzword marketing hype!!

4 Likes

Hey we might be able to use the ā€œDAGā€ buzzword soon, if things pan out. I think in our case the implementation AND the buzzword would be beneficial.

4 Likes

The market is super irrational as you hint at and the valuations are well laughable in many ways.

Whilst MAID is certainly worth what you mention above I canā€™t really see any major reaction until beta/testsafecoin. What that means for a valuation well I guess broader market conditions at the time will largely dictate that.

Actually, the regulatory clampdown/intervention thatā€™ll likely frost things over this year (and who knows maybe a little longer) is a blessing in disguise for SAFE really.

A closer look of global markets are already showing some super interesting (if not concerning) trends.

Say in the US the Federal interest rates havenā€™t even reached 2 percent and the system is cracking. Going back a decade the rates had to exceed what 5 percent, before the credit crash started to unfold?

In this case however the writing is on the wall that the Fed rates canā€™t rise much further without revisiting 2007-2009 again. Back then you had folks like Countrywide Mortgage that were the early warning signs. Recovery temporarily followed until Lehman Brothers and Co. set the landslide off. There are a lot of eery similarities on the horizon not just in the US but in many countries of the world invlusive of the largest crypto markers. As a good example Japan and Emerging Market economy stock markets are looking vulnerable for the forseeable future.

There is probably enough stupidity there (forgive me I class my own country the same way in some respects) to keep those systems dragging along for at least a few more years before any sort of global implosion occurs.

It is quite possible that we could see multiple fiscal markets sink over the course of the next decade and an astonishing amount of fleeing capital looking for a home to bed itself in away from any of the traditional markets.

Funnily enough, if there was a global contraction of that nature and there was an established and reputable store of value/method of transaction that had been battle tested and gained trust the inflow of capital to any such system would likely be hard to quantify beyond it being enormous with a capital E.

For those that are impatient having to wait another couple of years for a Beta/live network take a little step back and have a look at the global fiscal situation around you. It (even in a great country like Australia) is artificially alive but ultimately a ticking time b0mb.

The time will come when a new alternative for the storage/transfer of wealth will be required and in a drastic hurry andā€¦wellā€¦geezā€¦I wonder what that system could possibly be?

Let Maidsafe get this network up and donā€™t waste a moment of their time (thinking of the other Name thread here) with really inconsequential gibberish. Add the IOT future and all the other wonderful needs that this network can service (and there is so many you lose count and stop estimating the potential if you actually try) and there is nothing but a bright future ahead for SAFE if it can make the start line and prove secure.

I recall an earlier bang on point post about realising that the true value in SAFE will be found at least 5-10 years post release, whilst I donā€™t have a crystal ball and donā€™t know my ass from my elbow it looks very likely all of the above could plop right into SAFEā€™s lap in the foreseeable future.

Forget crypto, forget marketcaps, forget prices (really hard I know) and look down the road. If your prepared to support and hold into the distant future (and go through some rough times eg: when they try to outlaw this thing initially) the possibilities from both a tech heads perspective as well as an investor is incalculable.

14 Likes

I was totally going to say the same thing!
Let me add name-dropping as well.
Letā€™s also not forget where .io domains are registered for most of these other sh!tcoins: Diego Garciaā€¦and whatā€™s so special about Diego Garcia?

The US Executive Order from Dec. 21 allowed the US Treasury to seize a lot of criminal assets related to human, drug, and arms trafficking. It came and went unnoticed, but the word on the street is that theyā€™ve seized north of $1-2 trillion alreadyā€¦and that number may continue to grow. If this is accurate, then it needs to be considered in the whole national debt/economic stability conversation.

I think the real value of SAFE is about to be found out much sooner. If we read the tea leaves correctly, the cabal of social media is at the cusp of being discovered for what theyā€™ve been up to. The facebook news just over the weekend is the tip of the iceberg. People are going to be screaming for data privacy and data security over the next weeks/months.

2 Likes

Regulation is certainly a consideration. What do you think of the G20 saying that they donā€™t think crypto regulation is a pressing concern?

Regardless, the G20 may say one thing, and Uncle Sam do another. I agree that the global economy is skating on thin ice. When the ice cracks, just how much will fall through?

Absolutely. For as much as I think SAFE has great value for itā€™s secure data transmission and storage capabilities, I also think it can honestly contest both Bitcoin as a store of value and the privacy coins like Monero or NAV for anonymity.

1 Like

I am willing to take a bet it wont hit 10 at alpha 3 :grin:

But happy to be wrong. So do we bet?

1 Like

The response long term to both parts of this is pretty much summed up in a response Barack gave a couple of years ago;

ā€œWhat mechanisms do we have available to do even simple things like tax enforcement? If in fact you canā€™t crack that all, if the government canā€™t get in, then everybody is walking around with a Swiss Bank account in their pocket. There has to be some concession to the need to be able to get into that information somehow.ā€

Of course most of us realise how ridiculous that perspective is but thatā€™s for another day I guess.

You would think looking at Crypto from a perhaps less informed perspective that the Blockchain and all itā€™s wonders (haha jks) are being courted and in many ways embraced by power brokers.

I think itā€™s understood by most the main reason itā€™s being facilitated is itā€™s a technology that doesnā€™t completely subvert the control/transparency side of things as much as many crypto followers would like to think it does. In plain English it can be slowly and subvertly moulded back towards the status quo.

SAFE will present a wonderful and at the same time shockingly disturbing paradigm I think for society at large. There will likely be minimal courting of the network once it fully unveils itself. I would think SAFE would be the obvious candidate for global enforcement but no matter how hard the pushback comes it will come a point when the questions will begin to be asked as to whether the benefits of the technology outweigh vested interests.

I donā€™t think the answer to that will ever truly be allowed to be yes but by the time that discussion happens well shutting the gate is kind of pointless as the horse will be relatively speaking already 3/4 of the way down the straight at Santa Anita/Royal Ascot/Flemington with no real chance of it being chased down.

Interesting times aheadā€¦ā€¦.

3 Likes

Seems to be a bit of a buy wall and price surge. Someone seems to be buying with some urgency.

2 Likes

Thatā€™ll be my 31 BTC buy order :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

via Imgflip Meme Generator

1 Like

Couldnā€™t agree more. There is now pretty much nothing private or anonymous about trading and buying crypto through exchanges like Gemini, Coinbase/GDAX & Poloniex, etc.

Oh, and @Harvindar, since ā€œthe probability of winning is inversely proportional to the amount of the wager,ā€ Iā€™ll go ahead and bet $5. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its on then :+1:t2:ā€¦

Crypto market that maid should be listed i think

1. Upbit
  2. Bitmex
  3. Binance
    The world top3 most 24volume :smile::smile:
1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing like posting less than 10,000 MAID buy order, a rare activity on a personal level, just under the market price only to have someone scoop it up as their 1,800,000 MAID market price dump rips down much further in one of the rarest of tradesā€¦

Thank you, Brock Pierce. I hope your Puerto Rico activities catch up with you soon. Your ultimate absence from MAID will be celebrated, if only by the few in the knowā€¦and not only because of your price crushing dumps.

7 Likes

Haha, seriously, 1,8M MAID, that is beyond next level league dumping! :joy:

5 Likes

3 Likes

haha - i thought those coin finally should have been gone for good ā€¦ xD ā€¦ anyway ā€¦ letā€™s say those stunts can only be pulled off a finite amount of times :smile: and since maid did climb up the ranks on coinmarketcap it made totally sense to sell now :innocent: [ā€¦ishā€¦?]

3 Likes

You would think they would sell in increments, rather than a dump. You would think they were trying to manipulate the market with moves that size. The market seems to have mostly just shrugged though! :laughing:

8 Likes