MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I might be an exception but I bought for USD because I bought for the medium-to-long term.

Neither can I. I donā€™t get it. Cheer and celebrate the ups, dream for that day when it will moon and at the same time want it to drop to a penny.
Make up your mind, will ya?!

2 Likes

MAID lost 600% against BTC when every shitcoin gained so much, that the Bitcoin dominance plummeted from about 90% to just over 30%.
If MAID did as little as keeping up with the rest of the pack it should be priced about 15 to 20 times the current price.
What a performance.

6 Likes

I feel your pain. There is a certain degree of reputational risk involved in grassroots marketing this project. While I always remind people to never put in more than they can afford to lose, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I think that others are sitting on losses after having been encouraged to jump inā€”like the guy who reached out to me to say heā€™d been persuaded to put in $100K back in December. Heā€™s sitting on a ~70% loss. I should also add that itā€™s only a realized loss if you sell, which I strongly advocate people do not do; the real and (more significantly) opportunity cost is just too high.

This is very true. I think getting back on the conference circuit is a must. It need not be the core developers per se, but even panelist presence from the marketing team would go far. On occasion, a key note speaker appearance from David or Nick would be immeasurably beneficial. I attend crypto conferences from time to time, and Maidsafeā€™s lack of presence is a massive missed opportunity. Even if you try to bring up the project as a topic of discussion, you are often more likely to be scoffed at. For beta to cause a stir, we must build and sustain momentum now. Thereā€™s only so much we as members of the community can do at ground level. Aerial support is a must, and I believe the Maidsafe team is increasingly moving in that direction.

3 Likes

Yes I have many to whom I heavily promoted Maid to and while I do not recommend selling, i am not enthusiastic the way I was in the past. Hopefully this means the bottom is in. Fireworks are needed soon!

On the bright side, they canā€™t dump without exchanges! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Youā€™ve shown your intelligence by leading your peers into the best project out there. I think the best thing for you to do is simply print out a copy of the Safe Primer, hand it to them and say ā€˜Readā€™. If they actually read it, theyā€™ll realize the potential as we all do. If they donā€™t, and continue to question, then its on them at that point. As far as all the exchanges delisting, it certainly doesnā€™t help the short term situation. The traders simply have to find another coin to play around with. But as someone stated above, once we have a network with real utility/value, every exchange is gonna come begging for us. Whether its one year, two years, or ten years down the road. Better technology will trump hype driven technology any day of the week.

To me its an absolute no brainer. Everyone mentions the problems of why its taking so long. Why theyā€™re 12 years in and still donā€™t have a working product. Why they suddenly moved to Rust and didnā€™t have the foresight. Well champions arenā€™t born overnight! Do you think Jordan, Kobe or Lebron won the championship in their first year? Or Beckham won the Premier League Cup in his first time playing? You have to learn how to fail before you can learn how to succeed. From what Iā€™ve read, David has many qualities like the business champions out there. Jobbs, Musk, Buffet, Cuban. But the best thing that I appreciate about him is his loyalty. He probably couldā€™ve sold out a long time ago and made some big bucks. Iā€™m sure there are behind-closed-door opportunities of selling to an Amazon or a Google for millions. For the fact that they understand this will be a game changer when launched. But the man simply canā€™t be bought. He is determined to help mankind advance as a species. Heā€™s determined to do his part of limiting corruption.

Itā€™s a frustrating feeling that MAID hasnā€™t performed as well as weā€™d hoped. While other coins have mooned. But its time to man up. If you lost money, itā€™s time to do something about it. Write a business plan. Or take on a second job. Or start trading a different coin.

Anyway thatā€™s my two cents. Iā€™ll end with one of my favorite quotes from Baron Rothschild.

ā€˜ā€˜The time to buy is when thereā€™s blood in the streetsā€™ā€™

13 Likes

Dude, I genuinely feel for you and in particular others like Seneca and Mashups who have business ideas that are in many ways reliant on a thriving network both pre and post a live network. Youā€™re in a tough spot at the moment, completely understandable.

I donā€™t think anyone could provide a post that could stop you on a dime and see a point of view other than your own one. Thatā€™s totally ok though man, your passionate and thatā€™s what counts in the end :slight_smile:

Just a little thing then iā€™ll go and be productive for the day.

No one thatā€™s found their way here to the forum is dangerous nor is their opinion. The fact weā€™re here touching gloves shows weā€™re good people from all walks of life and successful in our own right for different reasons. Some in crypto, some in tech, some just in their day to day private lives.

There is a very good reason you hear DI say thereā€™s a need to hear all the voices as you move towards a vision. Without taking the time to do that itā€™s easy to get lost particularly when there is money at risk.

I see youā€™ve put forward some good ideas which some agreed with but others have also made attempts to explain why they sit on a different side of the fence (many of these people actually arenā€™t discounting your ideas/thoughts at all).

If you truly believe that others are wrong and you keep meeting resistance, part of any successful business plan is continual revision and learning from those who seem to see your environment in a completely differently light to you.

If you did that it would show in your approach, criticisms are warranted both ways here but they are exactly that, both ways. Use your passion to find new ways of putting your thoughts across to engage these so called ā€˜dangerousā€™ people and let the discussion happen.

Give no oneā€™s called you or your thoughts ā€˜dangerousā€™ you need to be the one that enables that to take place to be honest, have a think, lay a paver and step forward with your ideas :+1:

If thatā€™s difficult or frustrating man itā€™s cool I get it.

:v:

5 Likes

Remember though, this is not maidsafeā€™s network, it is SAFE, a community network. The great thing in this community is you can solicit help, it may be met with resistance (real or perceived), but that rarely means you are wrong. If you do feel strongly push it and push it as much as you wish, each time adding more reasons to listen to you. Hope I am not preaching, but you are innovating, expect most wonā€™t see your plans or understand them, that just means you are at least in the same space all innovators are. Does not mean you are right, but I would not be disheartened though.

I really hope this does not sound preachy in any way, its just my thoughts reading your comment. I personally am unconvinced on erc20, but not 100% against it :wink:

7 Likes

I hope networking release to save the world, but why in this forum so many peopleā€™s hope price down for own benefits?

Upbit is on fire!

9 Likes

Is this the Bull wicks coming for MaidSafeCoin as some have predicted? Cheers

Back in the top 100 for now!

3 Likes

It is an interesting idea actually; maybe you should make a separate topic for it.
The test network with vaults from home failed because there was nothing in place to charge users for storing data, so somebody just kept pumping data into the network until all of the vaults were full.

3 Likes

IOTA and Nano have DAG, bitcoin has the blockchain, ethereum has smart contracts, what is the elevator pitch for SAFE? Needs a catch phrase for marketing. I love the concept and fully support the team but concepts need to be summarized for the investing public. Pushing the concept of a new network helps sell coins. At least for the uninformed masses like myself.

7 Likes

Hmmā€¦I think the difficulty here is settling on with which aspect of the SAFEnetwork to lead. One avenue is ā€œthe only autonomous data networkā€ another is to focus on the security, the scalability, the anonymity, the sustainability, and the options continue on. In fact, I was just talking to someone about how I see the potential of Safecoin and the SAFEnetwork. They can easily outdo and beat most of the top performers in the blockchain-driven crypto space at their own game. You want bitcoinā€™s store of value? Check. You want litecoinā€™s speed? Check. You want Moneroā€™s privacy? Check. You want ethereumā€™s smart contracts? Check. And that, I believe, is just the tip of the iceberg. I didnā€™t even get to data storage. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

SAFE uses the ancient secret mystical technology of ā€œpatentsā€.

But one does not necessarily lead to the other. I am sorry if this sounds like a harmful comment to you, but I see it as a harmful distraction to the team and existing, long term, maidsafecoin holders.

Being top 10 would be awesome! If it was as easy as having an ERC20 token, it would betray all the efforts to actually produce a useful product.

Having observed low maidsafecoin volume on otherwise popular exchanges, I have drawn the conclusion that lack of exchanges isnā€™t the problem. Greasing the wheels a little may help, but it is one of many things to do, which I would consider a poor cost/benefit.

While you are entitled to your opinion on this, please donā€™t claim scepticism by myself and others is harmful to the project. I could suggest that the doom and gloom being pumped my those who want this change could be harmful too, but I think it is best to just make a solid argument and hope people agree.

4 Likes

Yesterday I encountered, via r/Bitcoin, the following which I find interesting, somewhat relevant:

3 Likes

Talking about that some coins are in design with layers for IoT, blockchain inc. DAG sidechains. Made by IOT proffesors really interresting to see how that will turn out.

But also makes me scared for a lot use-cases for Maidsafe, i thought maidsafe would control internet inc. IoT cause of the speed and scalability, but innovation go so fast that i believe in a short period scalabale solutions will come for a huge amount of txā€™s.

Most aiming for that now are running dpos i guess.

Btw am i the only one that is a little worried with also a delisting on Poloniex now its taken over by Circle.

Circle wanna do everything official with the SEC cause they dont wanna lose their 400m investment, and the fact that the SEC is hugely against coins without a live utitlity. Bittrex removed those tokens already like Myst, Tkn, Maid i think coins like Pay etc are next.

Just my opinion and idea about this all, what do you guys think ?

2 Likes