MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I hope for our team like @nicklambert It’s not hard to fill out the form :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If Maidsafe still Unable go for live by 2018,
We will be out of 200 in coinmarketcap for sure.

3 Likes

Unlike scam projects SAFECoin has a clear path to relisting on launch and usage of services while we wait for that day. Delisted scam projects have their only hook removed, fast money returns, even without the cash the SAFENet has enough to keep us occupied.

Is it naughty of me to wish for penny priced MAIDSAFEs? Sure, I would have lost my initial cash buyin, but… the opertunity to buy 100,000s of coins at rock bottom prices is just to great a temptation.

I was expecting $0.40 … it’s getting interesting now.

1 Like

I think it might go lower actually, simple fact bittrex is doing a first movers advantage but they delist with a reason and eventually poloniex will have to do the same.

© Poloniex, Inc. 2018 - Wilmington, DE, USA

Also an Usa based exchange.

:scream::scream::scream:

Oh crap!!! This is true.

Do we have a list of exchanges not under USA control?
In the delisting process where do unsold coins go? Do the exchanges burn them? What danger would that be to the project?

LOL why didn’t I sell at $1.20 (Answer: because I don’t have the guts to trade… Even when calling it)

Edit: poloniex is a crypto-crypto exchange, they don’t handle cash at all. Could they argue they are just providing a place for people to exchange “football cards” ?

2 Likes

@Bacobob do you know of the remaining non-US based exchanges where MAID is available, where they source their liquidity?

I’m ignoring hitBTC for obvious reasons but I remember hearing upbit sourced theirs from Bittrex???

Would be good to know if the remaining avenues (livecoin, cryptopia etc etc) dry up as well short term.

Might be upbit will also delist $maid cause of their partnership with bittrex, but on the otherside its not an USA based exchange if im right.

Also we have to see how strongly SEC will push this cause might be that even foreign exchanges will delist coins like this cause of their USA userbase, would make it also illegal for them to buy them i guess.

But this is just speculation, i just think that Bittrex is really professional and far ahead of other exchanges!

True, all guess work for now. Cheers.

Also we have to see how strongly SEC will push this cause might be that even foreign exchanges will delist coins like this cause of their USA userbase, would make it also illegal for them to buy them i guess.

Maybe I’m missing something, but is the other way around also not a strong incentive to start listing MAID. The non USA user base on USA exchanges can’t be serviced anymore, because of laws not applicable to them, so a guarantuee to have at least some demand.
Also, I can think of other things that the US government should ban/regulate better first.

2 Likes

I think the agencies may pick on those exchanges who comply more loosely with the KYC first. I am glad maidsafe are pursuing options outside of the US though.

If this is the sign of things to come, it could do more harm than good to the US econony. This is the current booming IT technology - the biggest since the dot com boom - and it would be foolish to attempt to repress it. They claimed in the hearing that they didn’t want to make dot com mistakes again, but what if those mistakes actually fed the success in the US?

As crypto is borderless I don’t think it will stop US citizens using foreign exchanges anyway. In the name of protecting them (or their financial institutions perhaps…), they will just throttle their share of the spoils.

1 Like

Perhaps it is all part of the plan… move tokens to upbit to de-risk bittrex’s exposure?

1 Like

The USA is no banning crypto just making the regulation more clear.

Did you watch the senat with the SEC, idk exactly the name.

He stated we should not Ban crypto that would be stupid its for the first time in a long timeframe that young people are interrested again in “investing” but, we do need to regulate this well and serieus.

So i think like in switserland a lot rules will be made, coins need an utility and not to be deemed a security by the howey test etc.

2 Likes

thats why i said this is all speculation what will happen now

1 Like

I listened to the coverage on let’s talk Bitcoin. Closing the US market to the explosion of tokenisation in the name of protecting people seems unwise to me - it is a very heavy handed way to stop people from being foolish.

If the rest of the world doesn’t follow, I could imagine crypto projects drifting away from US shores. Where there is innovation in technology, there should be matching innovation in law. Frankly, I don’t see evidence of this and the same road blocks which protect the financial industry, in the name of protecting individuals, seem to be being rolled out here.

1 Like

I am fine with 1 cent maidsafe coins :slight_smile: , as long as they deliver the network value will come later. Let everyone panic for now. I bought at 1 dollar plenty too and have no regrets because I see huge value here. Ups and downs keep the market entertaining, buy the dips boysss. See the bigger picture and go long. If MAID does not deliver some sort of basic functionality equivalence to the Safe Network available to public within say 2 years then I will have my doubts that they have the brainpower to build it vs theorize about it. Because reading/talking about it vs coding something of this nature are two different beasts. Need to have like matrix movie scene numbers raining down in your brain and a messy room filled with articles and algorithms and pen markings everywhere to constitute the brilliance to make this thing heh.

8 Likes

Think they might be retiring MAID too here shortly? Would really drive some lower prices if so. Can only speculate if they indeed did bring everything out of cold.

Here’s the official post from the MaidSafe blog about Bittrex for those who haven’t seen it yet. Very similar to what nicklambert said here but it goes into more detail. I recommend giving it a quick read.

… we are currently having discussions with multiple exchanges and have already put plans in place to list with a large exchange out with the US. We will be working with them on promoting the new listing and we’ll make a joint announcement about this as soon as we can. MaidSafeCoin continues to be traded on Poloniex, HitBTC, Upbit, Cryptopia and CoinSpot.

For those who have coins listed on Bittrex they confirm on their website that they will give users “…up to 14 days to withdraw any delisted tokens, but in certain instances the withdrawal period may be shortened. Users should withdraw any tokens before the posted withdrawal deadline.”

I might add it ends optimistically :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If we have a price topic, can we also have a launch date topic then :grin:.

Bored on a Sunday and i thought i’d poke the :honeybee: nest :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Onto page 2, at least we’re number 1 now!

10 Likes

So sad that we are now on page 2 :frowning: I bet on this project from the beginning of my interest in crypto but this is the first time I think that maybe I’ve chosen the wrong horse… :frowning:

I really hope that MaidSafe team will soon annonce some great news so that it give Safenetwork more visibility on crypto market.

Finger crossed!

1 Like