MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic

Right now…even if Alphe 3 is ready i think Maidafe should hold until market rebounds. For now use the opportunity to raise awareness and increase visibility. When it goes up then hopefully it takes Maidsafe along this round. Just my opinion.

Yep, they have to clean this up and fast. Everyone knows its a rort

The positive thing is that volume is pretty low. Only those that have to are selling. Another $700 drop on Bitcoin and it should start stabilizing

IDK man I don’t see anything stable about crypto anywhere

People have been saying this since $11k

I really am not counting $2k out, there’s so much fear, issues, worry:

• tether giant pervasive inflation scam
  • US stock market crash today
  • SEC hearing Feb 6 Feb 14
  • China miner laws
  • Korea (FUD)
  • India (FUD)
  • CNY Feb 16+
  • etc etc

I don’t see anything stable for a while

Its a typical situation where people got in at high prices and selling before they lose too much.

The first ones to sell are the ones that bought in at very high prices. Then as the price drops then those who bought at mid prices sell and so on as it drops.

Once you get to about 20% of the rise then you are back to those who are either holding or the price is still close or higher then they bought and are confident that it won’t go lower than the previous long term “relatively stable” price.

So it started from about 600$ USD and rose to 20000$ USD which is a rise of 19400. 80% of 19400 is 15520. So that means a strong resistance will be at around 4500$ USD

Anyhow that is how that 80% retrace theory goes. Will it hold up here? Who knows.

To put it in perspective, I sold out of Bitcoin at a lower price only 6 months ago. Time goes very fast.

So If bitcoin hits 1-2 k, so maid will be like 5 cents…

I’m not an uber whale, but do hodl a substantial MAID position and will continue to do so no matter the price. I suppose if I was a good trader I would have bailed out weeks ago and be buying now - I suppose a lot of whales are going to do just that. Remember that the price can go up much faster than it’s going down now and those of you who have or are bailing out this past week may lose out big time when the market-makers (whales) decide to buy up huge chunks of the market and consolidate ownership - e.g. you sold at .45cents, but can only buy back in at .80cents. I see these market moves as being coordinated by huge whales and the media (yes, in collusion) - call me a conspiracy nut if you want, but that is my opinion and the only reason to do this sort of manipulation, is to buy back in at the low and gain ownership.

So, IMO, unless you are a great trader and can follow the whale trail, I suggest you hodl-on. Just my three bits.

If Bitcoin hits 1-2 k, I and others will be wading in with nets

Someone just sent 1 bitcoin Cash omni asset to Tether wallet. Check: https://omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=3MbYQMMmSkC3AgWkj9FMo5LsPTW1zBTwXL

This is awesome cheap advertizing. Maybe we should send there 1 MAID every few hours, to make it popular. This omni wallet on tether is checked by thousands of people every day:) So maybe some classic spam can bring new users:)

This is awesome cheap advertizing. Maybe we should send there 1 MAID every few hours, to make it popular.

That’s a bit spammy! I’m a strong believer popularity will come naturally once there are useful services for people to use

tl;dr Bitcoin will likely see a rebound above $5000 and alts will follow suit. Below that, all bets are off.

I have enjoyed Tone Vays and other credible technical analysts when it comes to Bitcoin price prognostications rather than just the whimsical fear or hyper-optimism. Prices follow patterns, and MAID is no exception. For now, we will follow the moves in larger cryptos. My 2 cents is that we’re waiting for an outside and unrelated catalyst to shift opinion and/or Tether to finally explode the altcoin market as nothing inherent to MAID seems to be close just yet. Until then, if you’re a trader, either learn trading or find credible technical experts who have a history of bias-free and conflict-of-interest-free perspectives on price analysis.

Coinbase says segwit will be available in a few weeks.
Hoping this sparks a turnaround.

I saw somewhere that this was being postponed until the 14th? Not true?

Here is one technical analyst view:

Throughout its lifetime MaidSafeCoin has been seen to have one of the most solid structures among the altcoins; MAID is now approaching the all time low, where it should find a level of solid support. Going into the spring we are expecting the cycle to start again with a rush of buyers flooding the market in the coming months after a period of serious correction. With this in mind I have been looking at a potential bullish bat formation in a similar area to the all time low.

Its live now watching it atm

Awesome how’s it looking?

weerd, its going around both positive and negative. Lot questions just cant be answered that easy they ask them

Can you reference the analyst?

MAID has definitely been less volatile on average than other coins and that makes analysis easier as well as give some credence to the underlying. I don’t know if it will be springtime, but I would generally agree that there will be negative and positive catalysts internal to MAID and external to it, even external to the world of crypto in general, that will set people on the search for value. There may be others, but one big elephant in the room is Tether.

Once people discover the SAFE Network, attention will shift to it. Investment will follow IF correlated with a sector uptrend. If not, then a flush in the sector would occur, as it is now, and only then will investment come. That’s a warning for those that think greater adoption and attention will necessarily correlate with price in the short-term.

The programmers in our incubator have already shifted away from Ethereum, for example. EOS is their vice at the moment. That will likely change again. Ah, millennial programmers, “for in that sleep of death, what dreams may come!”