MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic

1 doge = 1 doge.
I had quite a bit of doge… it was cheap. Sold it all to buy MAID. LOL.

It feels to me like most deep analysis prior to investment has evaporated from the crypto market. It is just a bunch of people chasing bubbles, looking for the next get rich scheme. I suspect technical analysis is less than an hour, should he technical material even be available.

Prior to the maidsafe ICO, they published many detailed documents, had source code on GitHub and were accessible to talk technically. I remember spending many days pouring over technical information, long before the fund raising started. Then consider the amount - a $10m target. At the time this was unheard of, but now sounds like small fry compared to the cash people are throwing at stuff.

I just find myself looking at the market cap space in disbelief. It seems totally detached from any sort of sanity or due diligence. It is a frenzy, with people switching investments by the day to catch the next rocket to another moon.

Gone are the ideals of decentralisation, even whether it is fully open source. In are the slick marketeers and the people hey feed off - those who just want to get rich, have little technical knowledge and have only seen the party swinging due to joining in so late.

Raising the profile of crypto may be no bad thing in the long run, but I feel it is really starting to hurt the space in the short term. I feel it will hurt everyone in the space when it capitulates, some more dearly than others.

While it is frustrating to watch this project languish, I just find myself shaking my head at the insanity of it all. I don’t want to join in chasing one variation of a theme or another, as the battle of he trolls and marketing reigns. So, I will continue to hold, continue to support and continue to look forward to the next alpha and final releases. I do so for the same reason as before the ICO - the technology and team stand up to scrutiny and are doing a great job and will deliver something truely extraordinary.

57 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussion on reducing the trust level requirements of the Price & Trading topic

I’m sure in the dot com boom there were plenty of crap companies valued way higher than say Amazon but when the crash came only the strong survived. Patience is all that’s needed.

At this moment Substratum has jumped over MaidSafeCoin on coinmarketcap, for what it’s worth.
To give some context concerning dogecoin and the current crypto craziness in general:

doge will get to $1 haha.
Just funny.

At a price higher than maid has ever been…

And that for something that means like ‘under the floor’ in Latin :wink:

Easy come, easy go. The core of MAID coin holders is incredibly dedicated and loyal, which is easily recognizable just in this thread alone. If you haven’t sold by now you probably will hold for a long time still.

What happens to all the shit coin traders who are chasing garbage coin the top when nothing is delivered? Easy come easy go.

When the dust settles MAID will still be there, and at that point a lot of people will be asking why?

Edit: We the community make safe strong. Hold true.

Did this poll few days back in price & trading topic (before Substratum overtook us in market cap so I wonder what the results would be today…). Sorry if you saw them already in price & trading (this one is updated with extra 2 votes).

If anyone cares about doing something about the current sinking market cap position situation by giving marketing a boost, please join the Marketing Community Action Group thread and upvote the hell out of OP who despite being a legendary crypto blogger on medium with a focus on how awesome Maidsafe/SAFE network is, has some serious marketing ideas.

Siacoin in top 20 now too at $3.4bn. A few weeks ago it was cheaper than MAID…

It has a working product for long time and the team is keeping polishing it. I had 100k sc once a time hold it for 6 months sold it just before the pump. Bad luck :cry:

Understanding competitive dynamics is core to business strategy. What are concrete tactics we can learn from how the competition operates and markets? I’m going to put serious thought into laying out a schematic, but wanted to get other people’s opinions too. Naturally, this will have to become a separate topic if people are willing to engage.

Sure, but not much has changed in the last few weeks.

10 months ago, siacoin what $10m and maid was $70m.

I feel you. Truth be told, I actually was in SIA first because I thought they had the best go to market strategy. While I felt (and continue to believe) that MAID’s mission is far superior, I hesitated on pulling the trigger on MAID because I was uncertain about the ability to deliver while the market opportunity is ripe. I still believe in MAID, and have long since sold my position in SIA (which I don’t regret). Every one loves a good deus ex machina, but in this story, I don’t think more status quo will cut it.

Dogecoin is an historic project and one of the only coin that was fairly distributed. I am not shocked

Where do you think it’s going? $100

I remember that time I bought 15Million of them on or whatever in 2013, literally minutes before the massive pump, lol. Got up to $20,000 at that peak, but I sadly kept holding all the way back down to where I bought in, thereabouts. I would have over $200,000 if I still had them, decently 60,000+ more than I have in MAID right now haha.

Well, back to hypersleep I go. I can’t unleash the beast yet. Hell, even if I have “a million” I probably still wouldn’t care/unleash the beast until Safe Exchange goes online (which is after Beta and Safecoin). Being the third worst performing coin against the Satoshi on all of Poloniex is a blessing and a curse, basically, is what I’m gathering from all of this.

I can only surmise that the Thursday update will be a glorious relief and put people’s feet back on the ground. Even that’s a “gamble,” but after three weeks… something positive is bound to occur in the ol’ psyche.

How do you know there will be an update on Thursday?

Was in last Dev Update