MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I sold 1million coins, bought them cheap sold them cheap. Urghh…

I think Doge is the next pump. One of the last coins with their own blockchain that’s still cheap. Not attracted to it tech wise… but, as an irresponsible bet I’m now tempted. It could zoom past $1 for no reason at all.

We’re the only coin with their own superhuman galactic ant-like potential, could zoom past infinity & BEYOND!

2 Likes

Ok totally off-topic and I might sound ignorant by asking this, but even if it got posted I might have skipped it.
My question is, would SAFE network anyway threaten by Quantum computers? I mean would there be possibility to break the encryption and randomness to find out all the pieces of a file by Quantum computer?
I know it would not be based on block chain so as the other crypto-currencies (mineable) has a threat SAFE network does not have any such threat. But still is there any alternative difficulties it might face due to quantum computers?

*posting here as it is the most active thread. :wink:

This topic might be of interest to you: SAFE network safety against quantum computing :smiley:

6 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you :smile:

2 Likes

You really have to wonder if MAID will fall off the top 100. Maybe that’s what it needs, for now, a full dose of estrangement and 50th degree assault (yeah I don’t know what I’m saying anymore!).

It’s any ones guess, in this rowdy fun filled, manic crypto market.

Does it matter?

In the long run, probably not.

MAID, when all seems lost, will rise out if the shadows, just in our darkest hour, like a flaming phoenix, I’m certain of it.

7 Likes

If Maid falls out of the top 100 and its price is $10, I for one won’t be whinging too much

3 Likes

Since some knowledgeable were speculating that the price might level off at around 20 cents because it will have some ties to the current storage costs, I am already delighted that the price is over 5 times that.

The idea they presented was that since SAFEcoin will be buying disk storage then the price will be somewhat pegged to the price for storage and they estimated something like 20 cents per coin. The thought had some merit and would have been about a 10x rise from the price around the time they predicted that.

Now the price is 50 times (5 x that prediction) and does not look like dropping below the 1$ , I’d say that prediction is now invalid. There is of course no real reason it would have been limited to that value, since the safecoin price of resources will be variable and not pegged to any current storage costs.

The project will continue if we are #1 or #100 or #500 because the worth of the coins is based on how shiny the coin is, but rather its utility value and use as a token of exchange.

5 Likes

but afaik there has been no indication of what amount of storage a coin will purchase…

3 Likes

So true and the point I tried to make later in my post.

This is the reason that price speculation failed. I brought it up to show some expected the price to be always low, yet its keeps going up. Maybe not as fast as some shiny/hollow coins, but steady as she goes.

1 Like

Just 5 short months ago this is what the price of MAID was

6 Likes

If were lucky, it might fall back down to below $0.40 take a look at that price pattern.
Past performance is no guarantee of future performance so I’m not confident enough to sell any of my coins, but will load the truck up if it does drop price. Long term, Safecoin will stay well above $1.00, its these early turbulent times that we have the opportunity to accumulate.

1 Like

I want price at 200. Not 10. Its possible if i look at what it can do. Much more then the other coins out there.

1 Like

I hope so @zoki I have a few more coins I want to accumulate before I will be happy :wink:

1 Like

I want that too. I want it so much :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
As some of you might know by now. I’ve been a major shareholder in MAIDsafe, and periodically I sell a batch of shares. Right now I have someone who is looking for outside opinion about fair price.

This was a discussion that was had in the BNKTOTHEFUTURE thread somewhat speculative about how to price shares prior till they become for sale in the open market:

Would anyone like to speculate as to the current price per share?

Zoom out a bit and safecoin vs Bitcoin has turned and maidsafe is gaining. It reminds me of fractals! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exploring the topic, I found this post. So I wonder, what if at the moment of change Maid price will be lower than Safe one?