MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Well they just don’t bother with the decimals basically, it’s designed for computers rather than people. But you can use the denominators to make it easier to deal with, I’m sure exchanges with trade Ki or Mi, but in the escrow deals everyone just talks Gi and Ti.

$30M cap is roughly 2btc per 100 Gi.

Sick ICO since btc was only $250 back then and 1btc in october got you >2000Gi/40btc/$24,000 :confused: so… nearly 100:1 fiat value returns in 8 months, 40:1 actual on the btc. Crypto is a crazy world.

IOTA is pretty cool, but despite all the innovation it really is nothing compared to SAFE. It’s just a micropayments solution and a novel way to deal with the scalability issues of blockchain - big business and speculators might love it, but your average Joe won’t care at all imo. Who knows where any of these journeys end though I guess?! Such an unpredictable space really.

4 Likes

Realistically speaking here - MAID’s price rise will make us all kings and the world will be our dominion we will rule over the land of the blind.

We will enforce high tariffs on anyone who attempts to trade MAIDsafe for ETHEREUM or BITCOIN.

We will be the only ones to own vaults. Peasants will only be allowed to use our vaults to upload data we care about; pictures of kittens and other small cute creatures.

We will be peaceful rulers our justice will be swift, but nay not with out mercy. We will feed the widow, cloth the orphan.

We will teach the world that there are only two things that won’t be tolerated:

• People who are intolerant of other people’s cultures.
  • and the Dutch.

And after a period of peace. A wise young maidsafer foretold in the prophecies of old will rise up and show us the way. What prophecies you ask? It’s not your place to ask. Shut up. We own all the questions now, bitch. :slight_smile:

This wise young maidsafer will know the way of the datachains. He will hold the immutable data that will restore the proper order to the world of MAIDsafe. He will pull the plug on this false reality and we will wake up and realise we were all dreaming and Alpha is not even yet.

MAID SAFE WILL HIT 10 CENTS SOON! :smiley:

11 Likes

delusions of grandeur, in all its glory ajajaja.

I have a question , i tried to send some MAID from omniwallet and it needs BTC for the fees, so, can i have MAID and BTC in the same wallet? thanks

2 Likes

Yes, you can and like youi are finding out, you need Bitcoin to send Maidsafe. I deposited $5 in Bitcoin to make sure I always have enough for sending Maidsafe Coins.

2 Likes

LOL!

I hope not, that’s a huge drop from where we are now. You probably meant 10 cents or $0.10 I may hope?

2 Likes

good point. 10 cents!

1 Like

Realizing that by september EU votes on A law to map all bitcoin users knowing probably most of the assets too because of centralized exchanges following the rules… Some years back I asked a specific exchange just before they went for legislation to remove all personal history… It’s still there

They actually didn’t do it with small amounts so what would they do today ?? Who’s position do they gonna take ?? The bitcoin users that made them rich or … ?

Personally I think we’re seeing a spectacular degradation of freedom last years… They’re working on all forms of legislation under the umbrella of war///t3r8or … bitcoin, crypto-communication, …
It wouldn’t surprise me if we see the coming years some serious restrictions on being allowed to possess specific crypto-devices, software, etc in specific regions…

1 Like

Thou wishes shalt be heard, and we have 10 cents as we speak. Thank you! :slight_smile:

I’m still puzzled though why these moves happen now. I mean NOW. No news, nothing spectacular going on, as far as I know.

4 Likes

I’m cynically expecting what happened so many times recently. Build up over the weekend and a drop at or around update. I hope not but that pattern could be back.

1 Like

Mission Control Troon:

We have main engine start of the MAID mission to the moon.

3 Likes

Sudden drop on buy side from 1100 to 690.:persevere:

1 Like

2 Questions:

1. What day is it?
  2. What day gets the big pump, only to sell off after a certain event?
1 Like

My amateurish take on this… I’m always trying to look for the somewhat longer timeframes/predictions. Just for fun, because I’m a long term holder anyway. I’m in since crowdsale 2014, have been buying batches of Maid here and there since then, and NEVER sold one Maid lol.

Anyway, Elliot Wave theory maybe says we are now in uptrend Wave 3 (of 5). Wave 1 was roughly 4,000 - 30,000 satoshis in the Jan. '16 - March '16 timeframe, then a long and sharp correctional Wave 2 followed from March '16 till June '16. Wave 2 brought us back to 7,500 satoshis. The length of Wave 3 could be 1.5 times the length of Wave 1, which is (30,000 -/- 4,000) x 1.5 = 39,000. Add this length to the bottom of Wave 2 and we could reach 45,000 - 50,000 satoshis within a few months from now. Despite all the short term corrections. But the biggest surprises will be on the upside I think.

6 Likes

Yeah, I know lol, but I’m not a believer of that theory. I’m quite sure that if we research every Dev Update, that some of these days are quiet, some are hectic and volatile, and some are depressing price wise. No biggies on the longer timeframes that I’m using. See my previous post.

3 Likes

I can guarantee you 100 percent that you won’t find a pump from 9 to 10 cents any other developer update.

My point being that we have re-established new head waves. Will there be a dump? Absolutely. There absolutely will be a dump. But even with that dump MAID will still be at new highs.

3 Likes

Ignoring all the market stuff, I think in light of the exchange hacks etc people are looking for an alternative that ACTUALLY solves the problem.

4 Likes

Looks like MAID is doing very well, see lots of newcomers coming to the forum, asking about securing their new MAID etc.

People excited for Alpha?

5 Likes

I think there is excitement about replacing blockchains with DataChains also. I’ve seen a decent amount of tweets about it on Twitter even when you look up its hashtag. Pretty neat, the more available info about DataChains the better :slight_smile:

7 Likes

you got tricked again

1 Like

you called it well today. holding steady :champagne:

3 Likes