MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I have a few different cold storage adresses and think it is a good time to stack up on some BTC on hopefully the next dip. Did not expect the BTC surge in August when I made investments. If you can send MAIDS when mempool is low I guess it is fine even do it is quite expensive but if BTC goes to 100 or 200k next year or worse then the cost for sending MAIDS from Omni goes to the moon. Is there a way to see how many bytes your cold storage adress is on without importing the private key?

1 Like

If that were to happen, say BTC goes to 100k / 200k even. And it costs 2-3 even $400 to transact - possibly more… (ie. send your MAID to an exchange). Wouldnt it be more reasonable for MAID devs to snapshot the entire BTC blockchain of MAID balances, and just transfer to another blockchain or Dapp? Therefore existing MAIDS in Omni redundant, and newer ’ tokens ’ be like for like replacements? (until safe is launched of course).

All hypothetical obviously.

15 Likes

I think that’s possible if everybody has access to the private key of their Bitcoin blockchain address, which should be the case I think.
For example if you’ve created a new address (instead of importing the private key) with Omniwallet, you can get the private key of that address by using the Backup option of Omniwallet.
Maybe a stupid question, but could the ‘private key’,‘address’-format be a restricting factor in the choice of possible blockchan Dapp solutions?
Litecoin and Ethereum for example seem to use another type of format as Bitcoin.

I think you touch on a good question that I hope David and the other devs will take a look at. Even now when the price of BTC is about 16-17k the transfer cost is very high. I dont think that any person who holds MAIDS, no matter quantity, should have to pay more than 10$ per transaction and even that is high. A solution could also be to do as when done with ICO’s, send MAID’s to an adress and get example some kind of Ethereum kind of token back or similar.

3 Likes

I wish we had a beta network now. With all the net neutrality news, the price of maid would get a litecoin moment if it’s live now.

What about an alpha network

4 Likes

By beta I mean a network with vaults. You can’t do much with alpha right?

No, that’s not right

There is a limit on how much you can contribute (PUT limit?) on alpha. So I thought it’s not possible to create any production level beta app (maybe a wikileaks type website) in alpha which can be used by mass public. If we have a beta network running which everyone can use then it’ll open up so much possiblity. Just thinking about a whistleblower releasing stuffs on safenet will be an awesome publicity lol

Look at the number of omni transactions sending coins to that address. Then imagine the cheapest send fee involves two lots of btc (one 0.00000546 & one larger). Your first send from that address will typically use all those small bits of btc + one larger. So if 5 omni lots were sent to the address then the send from the paper wallet will cost 3 times the smallest fee amount.

Its the only way I know of. Maybe if you ran your own omni node then you could control this better, but omniwallet seems to use up all the small dust amounts first.

2 Likes

Thanks Neo for the reply. I checked blockchain.info and each adress has a transaction sent with 255 bytes. I will also need to send BTC to adresses so that I can send MAIDS from omni in the future. Can you give me a further example of calculating what the cost might be? miners fee for 255bytes + encoding omni + ?.

Binance is a popular Chinese exchange. Sign up is fairly simple and straight-forward and you don’t have to verify your account for level 1 which is a 2BTC daily limit!

We want to see a core team member filling the form. We like to have a direct communication channel with core teams. Community filled forms get lower priority.

@nicklambert would you be the man to politely nudge for this ^^ :grinning: form
With all the verification at Polo and Bittrex, wallet maintenance shenanigans, withdrawal issues and poor support from them a new easy to use and popular exchange without verification is sorely needed.

11 Likes

I have been working in this area @Josh. I can’t say much more at the moment as nothing has been confirmed yet, but we’ll confirm more when we can.

14 Likes

Seriously Bittrex is making troubles lately. The wallets are offline for long times, the confirmation takes much longer times. I would love to see MAID and PDC on Binance. However I heard the register fee is really high, like $100K.

3 Likes

Based on how Bitcoin Core wallet works, I suspect that Omni Core will show you the transaction size in the final transaction confirmation dialog. Bitcoin Core shows you the transfer amount, fee amount, and transaction size in the final transaction confirmation dialog.

There is some overhead size added by the Omni transaction, but not too much more than a normal BTC tx.

eg) this MAID tx was 257 bytes:

2 Likes

Blockspace is expensive now. We need those 2mbit blocks really imho. LN will take years to be ‘the solution’, we do need to kick the can down the road a little bit.

5 Likes

Sorry. I haven’t done this enough to work things out. Maybe do a search on google for “miners fee per byte” to see what is considered reasonable. And it changes too from hour to hour day to day

Finally reached level 2 and can comment here! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Is impressive the growth of crypto’s market cap of the last month.

Think at the future, when total market cap will be 1 trillion or more. Maybe 1 year or less…
The situtation that Safecoin will find will be really different from the actual one IMO.

So when Safecoin will make access in the market, what’s the value that will reach compared to its marketcap in your opinion?
And what’s you expectation in terms of value for the future?

1 Like

This whole space is just getting started. Safecoin + the many other technologies with decent devs and a massively disruptive model will increase over a hundred fold in the next 12 months. I’ve seen it with BTS, LTC (most recently). The new wealth pouring in will eventually trickle down, as is evident now when you look at the top 30 coins.

I think once MAID hits a couple more exchanges, it is prime for a rapid rise. This feels like the calm before the storm, don’t know if anybody else gets that impression. I’m SOOO glad to be into this crypto space.

6 Likes