MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I transferred few hours back. It was around 0.003+ for normal and 0.004+ for fast transaction time. I set up a little less and it took like 4-5 hours to get confirmation. Bitcoin network is too much congested with almost 118,600 pending transactions. If you are not in hurry you can set up a lower fee and try viabtc accelerator.

3 Likes

Anyone have any idea when Bittrex wallet maintenance would be finished? Its almost 24 hours or more.

1 Like

It says 0.00254 for Normal speed, for me. 0.002797 for Fast, 0.00337 for Faster. So I should try 0.0004? Having it by tomorrow or the next day would be good. Transferring from Poloniex is only 0.0001BTC fee, but I heard something about the Omni Protocol requiring a lot more fee or something? Stuffā€™s weird, lol.

Sorry typo :grin:. it was 0.004 for fast not 0.0004.

Well at 0.0004 fee the transaction would not process for a very very long time. If normal is 0.00254 anything a little below it is fine for 2 days transaction time. I cant be certain but 0.00150-0.00200 level might be fine.
However I would advise you to look at the transaction fees and pending transactions at bitcoinfees and decide yourself as it fits.

I just accidentally transferred (some of) my MAID to Poloniexā€™s Bitcoin-related address. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Why am I so out of it this month?
Hm, doesnā€™t look like it actually performed any actions, though? Lol.
Oh yeah it did. Blah.

SO I just sent the same amount of MAID, but to the correct Poloniex MAID address. But the default Omniwallet.org miner fee was actually much less, like between 0.001 and 0.002. What in theā€¦?
Did an admin/algorithm change the default? Or is it just because I had less BTC in there? So much odd.

1 Like

Yesterday I send some Maid to poloniex using omniwallet.org and it was 0.0013??? BTC as the fee and in like 20 seconds poloniex had those coins credited to my account. What the hell, I have NEVER had any transaction go so fast, it was crazy. I spent 5 minutes checking that nothing had gone massively wrong. Like if a time warp or something happened.

7 Likes

Ah yes I remember now why some sends of MAID cost a lot and some do not.

It has to do with all the tiny amounts of btc (0.00000546) that is sent with each MAID transaction. So if you sent an address 10 lots of MAID then there are 10 lots of 0.00000546 btc in the address plus whatever btc you sent to the address.

When omni does the transaction it uses all those tiny BTC amounts and in that example it is 10 tiny amounts and whatever else btc is needed to make up the btc fee.

This results in a btc transaction that has a lot of bytes in it and requires a much larger fee to send it. So the transaction using the 10 tiny amounts is like 4 times the size of one that just has 1 parcel of btc to pay the fee

6 Likes

Mini pump filtering through?

Everything going up. Money flowing into crypto. Looking at the volume, think this is a simple ā€˜rebalancingā€™ flow into maid.

3 Likes

Just read the post about the number of forum members.

Got me thinkingā€¦

10,000 members(not current number but on track to get there). Dividing the total maidsafe supply is about 45,000 safe coins per person, and thats just the members and early adopters on this forum. If you own 45000 coins or a large fraction then you are doing well.

I would love to have 100,000 coinsā€¦ not sure how Iā€™ll reach that, but only 4500 people can reach this goal mathematically, even less in reality. Why wasnā€™t I aware of maid at the ICO stage.

Want to be a safe 1% then you need to own 4,500,000 coins.

7 Likes

Ahh, but median and average skew things very much. If you are average in an exponential distribution, you are well above median. And recalculate with one or ten million usersā€¦

Also, these are pre-launch numbersā€¦ The farming aspect is still a big question. I would like more maid, but the last few monthā€™s potential discretionary buys went into ensuring I have competitive farming hardware for launch. Maybe it will be easier to pad my stack by helping the networkā€¦ otherwise, buys resume in Jan :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only 466 addresses with that >100k mark, but Iā€™m sure thereā€™s plenty of people who store on exchanges who have that much. >150M is stored on exchanges because most users donā€™t know how to store it and are too lazy to figure it out.

1,700 with 10k-100k

About 3.5K each for the 100-1k and 1k-10k groups

1% would be pretty sick. Thatā€™s only 1% of current supply though, youā€™ll likely want at least 25-35M if you still want 1% in 5-10 years.

One player was in that position, but thereā€™s no way to know now that theyā€™ve moved their coins. Thereā€™s also no way to know if someone has a lot on exchanges ofc, but it would seem unlikely any individual is simultaneously smart enough to be that invested in MAID (bias much? :wink: ), but stupid enough to keep that much of anything on an exchange

6 Likes

Or in a single wallet / address. There must be a lot more addresses than owners.

7 Likes

Good point, even I keep mine spread across a few cold wallets. The stats are fairly useless really, except perhaps to monitor how they change over time.

Not entirely since some people must have over 100K in one address. So we know that there are some high rollers amongst us.

1 Like

Even donation based currencies like GridCoin outperformed maid in last couple of months. Makes you wonder what is the cause.

I think people are little tired of waiting.(not a dig) So maybe a lot of people have already held maid and not seen any big pumps like blockchain coins. This is purely down to the fact that it is much much quicker to copy an existing blockchain project and get a system up and running whereby you can move the coin around.

We are still on a token stage so until safe coin is released a lot of people will stay away. The risk of not been invested at this stage is that someone with deep pockets realizes what a lot us guys here realizes and the price sky rockets before safecoin release.

2 Likes

I think so.

The Safe network will enable app builders to create hugely successful apps & platforms with no worries about:

• infrastructure costs when scaling (Safe network takes care of this)
  • data protection legislation & liability (clients generally hold their own data, securely)
  • financial regulation (clients hold keys for their crypto-assets / currencies - no holding client funds)

I think being able to build scalable apps that do great things without needing to worry about data and financial regulation, or paying infrastructure costs could be a huge paradigm shift that could take the SAFE network to places current crypto projects canā€™t imagine.

Add the awesome crypto-currency properties of Safecoin (scalable, instant, very low fee, resource-backed), and Iā€™m sure the MAID price has a bright future if the network succeeds.

20 Likes

I cannot wait for the network to go live, will absolutely recommend the SAFENet at work for these reasons and more.

6 Likes

Powerful points David, I hadnā€™t thought of these two.

5 Likes