MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

What is going on with price?

when the btc price goes down, MAID dips
 when the btc price goes up MAID dives
 ,)

1 Like

why? twenty characters

Bitfinex exchange was hacked + BTC was stolen.

Nice to see MAID rise in price as well as BTC :slight_smile:

1 Like

MAID’s been holding up really well recently imo, given all the market disorder. Seems like we’re approaching kind of tipping point in sentiment 

3 Likes

Whats going on with the price? speculation or there is something today?

im thinking FOMO or FUD

Still 
 that was a pretty sudden, dramatic rise. Maybe some tag-along FOMO, but I wonder what caused it to begin with. Maybe MAID finally “clicked” for some whale? Honestly, I hope Alpha isn’t released in the next few days 
 that might cause accusations, however unfounded.

1 Like

I think is so close we can touch it. Seems you do too. So it’s fair to assume we are not alone.

savage is that you? i can’t tell you changed your picture. You’re now completely unrecognisable.

concerning the price all i have to say is get used to it. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m in incognito mode :wink:

Probably someone setting it up for shorts. :grimacing:

I think someone who has deep pockets pumps the price so market would respond. And when tuesday comes and price is high enough big dump is going to happen. Or someone knows more than us but i think that is very unlikely :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A lot of money moves with the short-term expectations; once the early movers get in they can either dump on an inflated price when there’s no news or ride the wave when there is news, so this ‘early bird’ window was an important one for traders - investors don’t really care until the news hits so doesn’t surprise me forumites are scratching their heads a bit at how quick and big this jump was ;). BTC doesn’t look like it will be very bullish for a little while, neither does ETH, but MAID is set for an exciting second half of the year.

Personally I have liquidated everything crypto apart from my MAID and IOTA atm. I’d imagine many have gone through similar thought processes since BTC and ETH issues have squashed the bulls in both markets.

1 Like

Compared to some of the other coins in the top 10, maidsafecoin seems to have been undervalued for a while, IMO. Of course, we know it isn’t finished yet, yada yada, but the latest test nets have been good and development appears to be going well. It is all a bit later than planned, but that has a limited bearing on getting from here to something broadly usable.

3 Likes

I think alpha can be at the end of August, with maid marketcap of 60 mil, then rising to 300 mil or more

1 Like

How many people are actively trying to do something to help the project? Be it sharing the links, talking to people, approach outside entities, learning how to code with Rust, etc?

5 Likes

The price of Maid is completely manipulated by a few players.

The real price of any “share”, or “coin” in this case, is based on many things. Confidence in a companies products or services and long term earning potential/viability will determine demand/price.

So far Maidsafe has failed to convince the investing markets they have a proven product or are a viable company. This current state presents a perfect opportunity for manipulators and also great buying opps. Based on the track record of Maidsafe the company, Maid is way overpriced. The success of Maidsafe will be decided only after the network is live and adoption, or lack thereof, will drive the price.

There is a strong likelyhood that maid will rocket in price in the coming months, but it will stay sub 20 until the doors are open for business. That is still 6-12 months out. Worth the wait tho.

4 Likes

Hi Jabba, i read a little about IOTA and it looks impressive, but i can’t get excited to invest in it due to the amount of 2779530283277761 tokens that have been created. What is this token trading for?

All the best
André

1 Like