MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I was going to. But bought more instead. Stupid low prices right now.

6 Likes

Buy the dips, donā€™t sell them. Plan to sell at a high, not when low and in a panic.

7 Likes

Buy fear sell optimism

:grin::+1:

4 Likes

I just checked the maidsafecoin market cap from 1 year ago. It was $30m. Today we are at about $230m - about 8x in 1 year.

While maidsafecoin has slipped against Bitcoin, it is still doing very well against virtually any other asset class.

Edit: At $30m it was about 8.5k satoshi. Now we are at about 3.5k satoshi. So, just under half as well as bitcoin. Not bad at all!

11 Likes

8x is great performance considering thereā€™s no guarantee that the network will work reliably in the wild.

Of course I hope & expect it will, but the market doesnā€™t like uncertainty. Many of the higher market cap coins are already working, or have much less technical risk associated with them. This though gives the potential for huge rewards for early investors if the network happens to work as intended!

16 Likes

Marketcap rank for MAID is now 52nd. From top 10 to no longer in top 50 is sad, but I am so happy that we have a marketing team now to get the word out to folks how special this project is compared to the herd of interchangeable blockchain projects.

I have no doubt we will be in the top 10 again, on the way to #1 in the further future. Hereā€™s what our price would be, to be at the following ranks

40th rank requires a $324,250,743 marketcap, MAID price would be $0.71
30th rank requires a $456,163,401 marketcap, MAID price would be $1.01
20th rank requires a $961,368,599 marketcap, MAID price would be $2.12
10th rank requires a $4,203,667,247 marketcap, MAID price would be $9.29
5th rank requires a $10,573,541,280 marketcap, MAID price would be $23.36
2nd rank requires a $45,782,902,217 marketcap, MAID price would be $101.17

Based on this, knowing where we should fairly be valued compared to other projects, $10 seems easily achievable, even if no more money were to enter the crypto space.

20 Likes

Iā€™m tempted to sell my entire MAID stack tbh. The way it keeps dumping on every BTC pump, itā€™s entirely predictable now. Just buy back in when maid hits minus 1k sats. I think thatā€™s where itā€™s heading. Donā€™t mean to sound negative or anything, it just seems to be that pattern with maid.

2 Likes

Fwiw, I completely ignore anything to do with Crypto Market Caps and probably will continue to do so until we pass Alpha 4. Funnily enough I sleep pretty well at night on my stash as resultā€¦

Any anxiousness on our own part before then for recognition/attention is understandable but not really needed particularly given the lack of any other similar comprehensive solutions out there under development. We all know this, but understandably get a bit frustrated looking over the fence and thinking we see greener grassā€¦hint hint itā€™s mostly not green, and that that is green wonā€™t be that way forever :slight_smile:

Maybe donā€™t follow emotion by offloading and gambling with your whole stack. As you indicated the movements have been pretty easy to follow lately and pretty simple to make profit off of. Look at the pattern as a positive for now instead of negative. Just always be smart and lock a chunk of MAID away that you wonā€™t touch just in case :wink:

7 Likes

TBH. By the time iv taken my coins out of cold storage, sent BTC to omni wallet to transact them. Sent them to an exchange, sold them for BTC. The price will go back up!! Think Iā€™m been a tad emotional too. :smiling_face::smiling_face:

6 Likes

From my point of view at least until alpha 4 I canā€™t see maids price out performing BTC. But we bought it because we trusted it would be finished. So I think if you believe the team will finish it, stick around. But if you arenā€™t sure (which is totally normal in my point of view) it is entirely on you to decide.
I think maidsafe price is low because that industry has gotten so used to copy paste blockchain development cycles that they forgat anything that is actually revolutionary takes time.
(but but I donā€™t mean that there is no risk, for every successful revolutionary approach there are two unsuccessful ones. Which one is maid between those three who knows)

1 Like

The books on polo are pretty slim.

With btc at 16500
20 btc on sales to reach .00004 - 66cent us
31 btc on sales to reach .00005 - 82.5 cent us

4 Likes

Worth repeating that Maidsafeā€™s own analysis, suggests maximum Safecoin potential (as in energy) would be realized 10 years post launch.

The dollar value either side of the launch threshold will be an interesting retrospective, but the realization that the token has way more ā€˜potentialā€™ inside the SafeNetwork than as a holding token is potent ā€˜market informationā€™.

I see this ā€˜market informationā€™ as the single biggest driver of price this side of the launch threshold as financial institutions start to look more closely at project internals.

6 Likes

You and I know the second you sell thereā€™s going to be a slow increase (insider knowledge) until Thursday and boom alpha 3 release.

And if you donā€™t sell, the price will stay the same and this thursdayā€™s update will be about the Dev team buying a new unicycleā€¦

15 Likes

Hey.

Less of the insider knowledge bit.

2 Likes

Ok, less ā€œknowledgeā€, more on the Rumour and unintentional hints side.

Itā€™s impossible to contain things like this thoughā€¦

1 Like

Four days ago I shared my opinion (on a private forum) on how I believed Litecoin was undervalued, and that I expected it to rise to between $200 and $300 - which has already happened I might say. My reasoning was that Litecoin has been an ā€œunderlingā€ for a long time now, but with other coins rising dramatically I felt Litecoin would attract attention sooner or later.

I feel the same way about MAID. Itā€™s clearly undervalued to those who understand the massive future utility of the SafeNetwork, and itā€™s been drifting for a long time - under the radar and being ignored.

I do believe MAID will have its ā€œLitecoinā€ moment, when suddenly (and quite out of the blue) it will rise. The rising price will attract attention, people will look at the new (to come) website and other info, and a speculative phase will start.

Whatā€™s good about such speculation is that it draws even more eyes to the SafeNetwork project, where people can become informed and inspired, causing further price rises.

Itā€™s just a matter of time :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Well I have seen a lot of speculation regarding Maidsafe and Safecoin price before and after network launch but rarely any disscussion regarding other coins related to SAFE network. What do you the price would be of the SAFE related coins in a year, before and after the launch, for example SAFE-FS, Project Decorum, Project n99 etc?

Any news on Terry Thirty Million? Any MAID moved back to his wallet?

Itā€™s a $40 BTC-transfer fee to send MAID from Omniwallet to anywhere???
Wow uh, does anybody know if Omniwallet really requires that?? Can I try less?
Sorry for putting the question here, I guess? (Most other Omni-related threads are locked.)

3 Likes

You mean now? Isnā€™t it more basic? They are creating some value or perceived as such thus the price. Same justification as the share price of FB. Though the internet has no ā€œpracticalā€ or rather ā€œperceivedā€ value but thats not stopping the share price of FB or Google to rise.

I donā€™t think so. Combine the users of VPN, torrent, darkweb and blocked users due to restricted policy. They would be definitely the 1st to use SAFE Network. I know it is sounding bad but as per my understanding this would happen.

Totally agreed but the devs are doing tremendous job. I think the targets are totally achievable.

The time of inception matters as well. If Bitcoin and Litecoin or ETH or NEO or any other similar coin started at same time do you think the growth of Bitcoin would be higher? Bitcoin has many advantages over other blockchain applications and the foremost is the first moverā€™s advantage, also you can rarely buy any coin directly from other coin without transforming it to bitcoin. The pairing and the first moverā€™s advantage is causing the rise.
The same applies from SAFE network. Though there are some similar projects, somewhat, but SAFE is the leader in its field and if it can deliver within time and as planned it would have huge advantage over any other projects.

3 Likes