MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic

Market cap is not real value. Let say you have $1 million and you want to purchase MAID. Than you have to go to polo/bittrex/hitBTC and buy into sell orders. $1 millions = 2 million MAID right now. Than to buy 2 millions, you have to pay price up to 6000 satoshi on all those exchanges at one moment. Righ now it is at 4500 satoshi. So the price will pump 33%. The market cap after that purchase will be 33% higher. So it would pump marketcap from 225 million to 300 million. So you spend $1 million real dollars and you pumped market cap for $75 millions. So market cap is simply not a value of all coins available. It is nothing. Market cap is here just to make comparison between coins easier. But it has nothing to do with real value. You can’t sell all bitcoins at $10000 at one moment, you can’t purchase them all at one moment for that price. If Internet has value of 20 trillion, than Market cap of imaginary Internet coin would be maybe 200 trillion, or maybe even 2000 trillion.

:+1: agree whole heartedly.

7 posts were split to a new topic: What is the internet worth discussion

What is the internet worth discussion

Thats why crypto in general can move so fast, not everything is available and we can see insane prices on some coins without beeing the true value just based on for example locked value or lost value

What is the internet worth discussion

MAID struggling to break that 60 cents barrier. Wonder how long till it reaches the elusive $1 ! 3 months? 6 months? Surely it’s just a matter of time now, not even an if…

Yeah, the fiat price of MAID makes me think just how much we’ve lost against BTC. If one MAID equaled 10k Sat at the time of writing, that would constitute of more than $1.1. And 10k Sat we considered a a minimum against BTC and a strong support line.
If MAID was at it’s highs of about and over 20k Sat we would be looking at more than $2 a coin and market cap of about a billion.
Dare I dream of MAID gaining value faster than BTC?

It’s looking like the top 20 crypto will soon be a billion $ + market cap each… eventually this will filter down. Just a matter of when I suppose. Separating the wheat from the chaff will eventually come into play, hence MAID should see a nice healthy rise. I’m 99% that is what will happen.

From October 9:

Hard to resist recalling the above :slight_smile: even though it wasn’t a prediction as such.

I think making predictions is a sign of misunderstanding markets BTW. You can look at likely scenarios though and position yourself to benefit from what you expect to happen some time. Learn to act rationally and to resist emotional pressures. Which brings me to the reason for posting today.

I would not be at all surprised to see MAID go significantly lower, but just as the above was based on a long period since we’d seen anything below 9, it is also a long time since we’ve seen MAID rise to new highs, which I expect will happen some time.

I’m not convinced that this will happen soon - timing things is the hardest and therfore riskiest strategy - but I would also not be surprised if MAID is approaching a low that will turn into a long, bumpy no doubt, rise. Maybe not to a new BTC high, but a significant way towards it.

There may be another low or lows before we exceed the previous high, so that could be a long way off. Or perhaps it will be in the next long rally. Who knows.

Thing is, those who are convinced of the merits of SAFEnetwork don’t have to get the timing right, so long as you can afford to wait. So that’s where to take care - as we know, timescales are not to be relied on, but also don’t be surprised if there’s a rally when hardly anybody expects it.

After alpha2 many seemed disappointed that MAID didn’t react. Don’t be! Markets don’t work like that.

Most often in my experience they do the opposite of what you expect when an event happens. So I’d expect the next long rally to begin before such an event, while others are asleep, attention elsewhere, or between them, or after a disappointment etc.

So my theme here is to suggest it’s not a good idea to try to predict timing. You may expect the rally to come, in which case be ready for it whenever that happens, next week, next year etc. But don’t get caught out thinking, well I don’t need to do anything until X because if too many think the same way that’s when the trickster that is the market will catch you out. :wink:

It’s just that they keep creating more chaff. If they would stop with the creation of new chaff, I think the existing chaff would indeed fall to the floor. The new chaff creation is aggravating and is pressing down on our lonely grain of wheat. :wink:

Well I could be a smartass and say you are looking at the wrong fiat currency :yum::sunglasses: Its 75 cents aussie and I always thought I’d have started selling when it reached 50 cents aussie. Well I have moved that up.

It has been creeping up. I made a note in this topic around the time the last fork was still in play and the USD price was just over $0.40 and now its $0.57 Not bad for a month or two.

And for some of us we have to consider the best time to withdraw some due to age and wanting to maximise enjoyment of a portion of our “investment”

Whatever happens i am not selling my Maids until after launch. And i will have a tiny stash kept for future liquidation when Safecoin is bigger than Btc. Financial freedom and freedom from the existing social media is the ultimate objective :sunglasses:

Next barrier please! Broke $0.60 last night. Woooo!

I thought the 60¢ barrier was broken when it reached 74¢ previously

I’m right with you on that one. I just cannot decide how much to sell. You got to live a little i suppose.

Five following posts about PDC price and trade. Moved here and we are watching to see if PDC should have its own topic elsewhere.

Sudden pump or increase in price? 11 to 16 cents within hours… :scream:

I think it’s just another pump

Hope so, luckily I was online so took a little advantage of the situation. Well if the price goes down I would have few extra PDC for free else bad luck … :smile:

I also think this is just an normal pump and it will go back to 12c. I already sold 40% and I am looking forward to buy it back with 30% discount. :slight_smile:

Not so much a pump as just what happens in illiquid market when someone wants to buy 10btc of something from a wafer thin book. It goes up, then sellers come in to satisfy his demand at slightly higher price, then it retraces to where people feel it should be. Nothing to see here imo :grin: