MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

:scream::joy:

I would bet a lot on that not being the case. Oh wait, Iā€™ve already done that! :wink:

Show me a project ā€˜likeā€™ maidsafe that enables you to secure and own your data (the actual data, not identifiers on a blockchain)? Iā€™ve not found one yet and Iā€™ve looked pretty hard. A few make the claim, but none live up to that claim in their design.

BTC is disruptive because it enables you to own and control your money. MAID will do the same for data. Blockstack, filecoin, substratum etc etc WILL NOT.

8 Likes

Another 400K MAID dumped. So its around 2 million now sold if Iā€™m right about that 30+ million was sent to poloniex to sell.

2 Likes

Hard to say imo, the drops are coinciding with BTC rises so could as easily be margin and day traders arbing BTC. He might not have touched them yet.

1 Like

Me tooā€¦waiting for that day eagerly

Well you are somewhat correct but the current MAID supply is only 10% so there is plenty chance for the rest.

Of courseā€¦just not this cheap :wink:

Not for sure but as I have seen till now, MAID has a long way to go say another 2 years expected. There are projects which would give higher returns within that short time so if you can plan well you can buy a lot more MAIDs with your current amount. Though I came to know about MAID only few months ago and holding all I have bought but still when I analyse I see all my stocks are bought at 15k satoshi on an average which would easily give me 3 times more if I could have hold as BTC. But anyway I am long time supporter and holder.

Nothing wrong with your reasoning :slight_smile:

Your wise to keep your eyes open in the short term plenty of better bets around most likely I agree.

Should be very interesting if the crypto market continues to plough full steam ahead in the next couple of years. There will likely be much more money in the pockets of the whales so if we can see SAFE reach Beta there is the possibility of an unimaginable pump.

For better or worse anything is possible in crypto.

I think they did a fantastic job in marketing. Their token was less than 10 cents during ICO and now itā€™s almost 30.cents. If you look at their slack and Reddit site you will see that people are actually exited and eagerly waiting for the beta next quarter. If they deliver something, Iā€™m pretty sure the price is gonna hit a dollar soon. Sometimes I worry that what if project like this already build up an ecosystem and mass people start using itā€¦ and what if at that point nobody cares about maid. I could be wrong though.

I think maidsafe recognise that the project needs a bit more buzz. @SarahPentland has indicated that this is an area to improve on, but we as a community should also help where we can (share updates on reddit/LinkedIn/facebook/etc, upvote, etc).

However, all alternatives being proposed are blockchain derived. Many have nothing funtional to demonstrate. Maidsafe have demonstrated and share code openly for an autonomous data network, using close group consensus. This is orders of magnitude more impressive and useful.

The benefits will become obvious in time. I do think it is important for safe net to be positioned as something different though. Getting lumped in with these blockchain projects is diluting the message somewhat, IMO.

5 Likes

The architecture is completely different. Itā€™s like comparing a semi-autonomous car to a fully autonomous car. They are built from a different design from the ground up, although they promise similar results. There will be certain apps that can ONLY run on safe. Thats when people will pay attention.

7 Likes

Like I mentioned before it could definitely pump because they have good marketing but that doesnā€™t mean it will be better than safe net. I havenā€™t seen any evidence of how they will achieve what they say. But this is crypto so fundementals donā€™t matter short term. Long term though they do. And when the bubble bursts only the strong will survive.

1 Like

Oh yes I agree, hard to say, merely speculation. Except this drop seems to have occurred before the rise in BTC (just). So either forewarned or lucky or I just got the times slightly wrong :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might be right. Anyways itā€™s obvious that maid needs to do more marketing to get the word out there. Itā€™s hurts to see people considering projects like sub as their savior

There is a lot to be taken from this Q&A with Dan Morehead CEO of Pantera Capital. Some vital points from someone whoā€™s entire company is focused on investing in this space is that one of the great use cases for the decentralised model is data storage (sadly he notes Filecoin)
But more importantly he states how few of all these ā€œgreatā€ projects are actually being built or have actual companies and code behind them and are not simply fancy ideas and a whitepaper with 2 guys in a bedroom.
Grand ideas are great but bringing them to life is a whole other story, thats why I back a team that shows progress every day.

8 Likes

MaidSafe has been working on this project since before even the iPhone was in existence. They already have significant parts of the network and the technology running right now. They will still need a couple of years to get this done.

It is impossible for any other company to do what they have already done, in such a short amount of time, and beat them with just a whitepaper.

Perhaps a multi billion dollar company that has endless resources like Apple could do it fast. But the mainstream has no interest in an autonomous network.

Safe works with datachains, not blockchain, it doesnā€™t really belong with cryptos.

My tip: keep buying maid, and wait!

8 Likes

If you are a frequent visitor of this forum you would have bumped into this statement countless of times. It wouldnā€™t be literally the same, of course, but it would mean the same thing. Like how MaidSafe is ten years old, or how it was conceived before Bitcoin, for example.
But why would you bring that up if you wanted to portray the project in a positive light?! You say it, as if it supports your point and it really doesnā€™t.
Your statement belongs to the arsenal of the MaidSafe sceptics.
The way I see it, every day passing without the promised network undermines the credibility of MaidSafe. Timing is at the forefront of the criticism MaidSafe is subjected to and justly so.
Maybe if one has had a decade and hasnā€™t done it yet, they canā€™t, and they never will. I do not suggest that this is the case, but certainly is a possibility that should be acknowledged.
I am not looking forward to reading how MaidSafe has been fifteen years in the making and I doubt anyone else is.

So much whining. I donā€™t understand. If you donā€™t think SAFE will deliver, donā€™t invest. If you already bought MAID at a cheaper price, sell; there are plenty of people willing to take it off your hands. If you bought at a previous peak, sell when we cross 70 cents again. Regardless, perpetual moaning is unproductive.

5 Likes

I started to get a real interest in MAID a little less than a year ago, and decided to start investing seriously during the February or March dip of this year, at around $0.13cts.

Back then, it was consensual among the community that we were 1 year away from beta at max.Please @Michael_Hills donā€™t say we should be patient and let them another couple of years to deliver. Datachain-based testnets should come asap now. You are not doing yourself any good by publicly saying 2years is ok. Time is definitely a factor and this market is competitive.

Maidsafe has been working for more than 10y on this tech and they are addressing some terribly tough problems with an innovative approach. After all these years, what bothers me the most is that maidsafe is still trying to find a way to make routing and datachain work when it should have been completed a long time ago already since itā€™s the core part of the project and what will allegedly make them scale.

We are all very lucky that bitcoin is going through the roof because it guarantees that the project is funded for now. We could have imagined a scenario where this would have not been the case. Institutional money is entering the crypto market. They should try to benefit from these inflows, do some marketing, strike deals with banks or Industrials. I have yet to see this happen so far.

I am dying to see data chain and vault from home work. I am ready invest much more only when I see it. But we should not show complacency in terms of implementation and time to deliver them because these parts are long due.

As per the 30mn coins, on polo, Itā€™s just a silly move. I would never risk so much money on such a shady website at once. This whale must have felt really uncomfortable this week with the Omni problems following the tether hack and the difficulties to secure the MAID because of disabled walletā€¦

14 Likes

Substratum is all marketing and no product. Good luck

1 Like