MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

But why move that many to an exchange in one go at all? If you plan on drip selling them, why risk putting them all on an exchange at once? Moreover, why signal to the market that you are about to sell a huge quantity and risk depressing the price?

This seems a bit like a sell wall strategy. You put it up to scare people away from buying, in the expectation that the sell wall will go lower and drop the price with it.

Could our whale just be using a creating way to scare the market into not buying, allowing them to accumulate more? Perhaps we will see a big sell wall appear on Polo soon?

5 Likes

Ha! Great minds, etcā€¦ :smiley:

Crazy manipulated crypto market. We need more liquidity. Whales otta sell off, and spread the coin around.

I do think that once SAFE goes public, Safecoin in circulation, network growing, and SAFE exchanges rolling, that sell walls and price barons will be the thing of the past. We need to get liquid.

4 Likes

When Maid pumps thereā€™s some show off whoā€™s been chucking 2000 BTC buy order walls 20% or so under the price.

Maybe he moved them there because he saw it last time and would like to take that whaleā€™s BTC if he does it again?

they were Months/Years ago. That deposit is recent.

I find it odd that he moved it after years and then does nothing? Quite a risk for a sitter to leave it all on poloniex waiting for something. I am not convinced its to place a sell wall because why didnā€™t he do it over the last 3 years?

I wouldnā€™t say nothing - it has fed this debate. Maybe this is better than any sell wall?

3 Likes

Donā€™t want to hijack current discussion topic but donā€™t know where else to post this as itā€™s a trading topic-

Will maid hit 500 USD anytime soon! This guy got most of his prediction correct.

2 Likes

Itā€™s an older article from memory and yeah heā€™s fairly accurate with his picks in hindsight :+1:

Well, soon? probably not, but maybe best to look at it this wayā€¦ of all the current projects with a $1 million+ market cap only MAID really has the ā€˜potentialā€™ to go 1000x from today.

Should be enough info for you to sleep soundly :wink:

1 Like

I will just retire of MAID goes up that much! Wishing for that day badly lol

2 Likes

So is my wife but mainly for other reasons :shopping::shopping_cart:

Sad part is if I invested the same on some other projects then I could retire right now :frowning: Kinda hard to console myself when I think about it. Anyways lets see what happens. I am still positive about maid.

Well just buy and hold for a couple of years and donā€™t miss out again.

3 Likes

Coulda bought winning lottery tickets too ya? :stuck_out_tongue: missed out huh

Iā€™d rather be in projects with the most overall potential

3 Likes

I always like to remind myself thereā€™s only some 12k wallets atm with MAID. Most people have multiple wallets and a bunch belong to traders whoā€™ll eventually dump.

So really your on board and locked in with only a few thousand other people who are all waaay ahead of 99.9% of the rest of the whole entire world. Youā€™ve bet on a potential trillion dollar+ monster coming to fruitionā€¦youā€™ve done ok so far I reckon :wink:

5 Likes

Only 12k!!! Didnā€™t know about it. 12k is so insignificant considering current market and the number of new investors in crypto.

2 Likes

guys, i think its over. substratum is going to achieve what weā€™ve been taking a long time to achieve. i used to be supportive of maidsafe taking their time, but now i realize there are going to be other projects that are going to achieve first what maidsafe is trying to do. by the time maidsafe is fully up and running, these projects like substratum would have already gotten their foothold.

To Mr. Nick, iā€™ve come to realize that time is actually a huge factor. i used to say that its okay that the maidsafe team are taking their time, it means they are committed to release a flawless product. But now i realize time certainly cant be taken for granted and is definitely an important factor. we cant be taking our own sweet time anymore Mr. Nick, we certainly cant.

Substratum has different goals and no code or product available for download.

7 Likes

Please continue to be distracted by the pretty ethereum lights and offload your MAID, no judgements :wink:

2 Likes

https://substratum.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/substratum_whitepaper.pdf

Their white papers a joke. I ve seen it all before. White papers that say how they will do this that and the other but offer no explanation how. Synereo was the same. Substratum may well pump, it may well do something but its blockchain and not a direct competitor.

9 Likes

After I read this article I found maidsafe, and Iā€™m very happy!

4 Likes