MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Lol most mature answer you could give ?

As you can also read i already own maidsafe so indeed i support it.

2 Likes

Other than holding some coins how much ā€œsupportā€ do you have for the project.
Supporting the project and looking to make a buck off the back of it are totally different things

1 Like

So if you say some bad words about why the price might be holding back, you suddently cant be a supporter anymore ? If you read what chrisfostertv said you would understand that my tweets are mainly bullish and i have a lot of hopes for Maidsafe. I made quik bucks on many projects cause im also a trader but i dont see why that is a bad thing.

Im looking to hold my maidsafe, and i hope to use it to build my own projects on it, but that depends on the future it needs more adoption first.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no need for any of us to starting flaming here. We all support the project in different ways, whether thatā€™s enthusiastically telling friends and family, getting involved in the community/testing etc, buying into safeeco crowdsales, actually doing real dev work, or even just holding coin (which does help in several ways ofc).

I know itā€™s easy to get defensive when weā€™re all so emotionally and financially invested, but weā€™re all on the same team really. Itā€™s fair enough if Bobā€™s not as happy atm because of maidsafeā€™s selling of some coins, others feel the same. I donā€™t think their fears are well founded because others sell more than them every day in polo and the price just naturally swings with the market, but thatā€™s fine, I might be wrong and maidsafe could suddenly have to raise more cash quickly. We all have to weigh our own thoughts about risk.

Letā€™s all just smoke the peace pipe and remember that weā€™re all here for the same selfish reasons - improve our world and our bank balances in a really significant way, nothing wrong with either of those goals.

6 Likes

and FWIW RE maidsafe selling coins, itā€™s very important to remember that there are well over 100M MAIDS on polo, yet currently less than 8M in the sell book. Less than 7% are in the book. Thatā€™s because the vast majority of traders like to react with their liquidity rather than leave it all in the order book. In the same way there are A LOT more maids ready to sell, there are also A LOT more BTC ready to buy than is reflected in the buy book.

If you think of it in terms of the max sell from maidafe 19M next to the current order book of just 450btc then yeah, of course that sounds scary. But the reality is that it will only ever be a few hundred k maids being sold at any one time, probably in sell orders rather than a dump, and it is set next to a potential order book of thousands of btc, not hundredsā€¦ if maid fell to 8k Iā€™d sell a load of other stuff to buy more, as would many others, so the potential buy book is not reflected by the current orders, thatā€™s just a tiny fraction of the money which wants to leave orders in right now, with price where it is. You get taxed more for being a market taker because thatā€™s what most people want you to do and the exchange wants to encourage you to fill the books more.

Really, the selling fuss is crazy when you change from 19M into 400btc book into the reality, few hundred k maids sold into the potential of thousands of btc buying and plenty of current orders there to cover the sells even if they did dump, as long as it wasnā€™t millions in one go - which would not be ā€˜sensitiveā€™ as maidsafe promised. I trust them, I buy and hold and thank my lucky stars for the insecurity of others that helps me buy cheaper, then I hope they get over it so they can help push the price back up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I like Bob and I donā€™t mind his opinion.

But I would like to point out that the poor and rich man share the same grave. From earth we were crafted and to earth we will return.

I donā€™t need to remind anyone that MAID will do more for human freedom than any other innovation I have yet to come across. No project is closer whether IPFS or meganet or what have you and believe me I will be supporting those projects as Iā€™ve supported this one.

Funding is what directly impacts the survival of this project. We cannot remain penny wise and pound foolish.

If this was about money I would have been the loudest dissenting voice. But itā€™s not about money lets stop kidding ourselves.

So letā€™s remain holding everyone accountable but let us no longer sacrifice time and energy on how the decision to sell the extra maids will negatively impact a few pennies worth of value when the commodity of freedom remains priceless.

9 Likes

Addresses from which Maidsafe moves or sells coins are well known
and monitored and trackable at any time by who cares to follow up .

It is also known that Maidsafe does not own nearly as much coins
as other investors or groups do , so any eventual market moves are
likely to stem from decisions that all these people take to speculate .

Big Buy Orders have been placed on market price and also at bargain ,
some of which were matched after a while entirely and some have been
retired after being hit partially . We are speaking of orders between 500
and 1500 BTCā€™s . Iā€™ve seen such matches happening , thatā€™s the market .

If some placed huge orders below market price they maybe wanted to buy
cheap and take up the investment risk holding such an amount for a while .
Some may have just pretended and got surprised buying ā€” not at a loss ā€¦

Everyone selling and buying makes a decision and itā€™s all fine , letā€™s just be
smart enough to recognise oneā€™s own position in this , speculative or not ,
eventually those who keep parking a lot of the tokens act as investors , and
more so when the project gets into the alpha and beta stage , coming soon .

There is a Unique Value Proposition in SAFE & safecoin , and the combined vision is not only very ambitious but will be disruptive across a spectrum of activities , therefore , the value to be recognised is certainly many times higher than the current price , though I would not want to pretend doing precise estimates over the time frame and exact multiple . Iā€™m fine knowing it will succeed technologically and empower people with a tic for virtuous visions .

7 Likes

Damn this dump hurts, but expected.

I assume punters are dumping MAID to buy ETCā€¦ on poloā€¦ pure FOMO

4 Likes

Yup. It hurts. But I expect a swift recovery.
Thereā€™s a 50BTC sell order at 11000 Sat.
I guess once thatā€™s past, skies will clear up.

2 Likes

Back the truck up! Great opportunity imo.

2 Likes

Following some of your posts I think youā€™re too sensible to price swings. I suggest you reduce your stash of MAID until you are comfortable with these swings or try not to look at the price every hour. A 20% drop is nothing compared to the pump and dumps that will come when big volume comes in. Right now itā€™s just accumulation so pretty calm waters and day traders jumping the fastest bandwagon(temporarily)

10 Likes

I agree, but im more pointing out to it always hurt to go down :stuck_out_tongue: no matter your stack.
Now i hope it will go down more, made some nice profit with Factom.

Nothings going down the trend is very clearly UP.

2 Likes

@Josh where is the chart from? Iā€™d like a USD plot.

Itā€™s from coinmarketcap, right bellow the chart you can deselect btc and select usd.

3 Likes

I just bought some more Maidsafe, with the dropped btc price. Hope i now stop buying but buying the future is addictive.

6 Likes

That big 10k wall turns out to have been a good spot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, I wonder if itā€™s the same person who has been buying up chunks and adding upward pressure ever since the remainder of the wall was taken down?

I think weā€™ll see some strong performance from MAID compared to other alts through this BTC bounce, thereā€™s a lot of bullish expectation with an eye on the next few months of development.

All good thingsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

What just happened? ā€¦

@vcp200 To the Bitcoin price thatā€™s dropping quickly? Maidsafe coin is holding pretty strong