MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

The world needs an autonomous data network.

MaidSafe are the only people building one.

It’ll be ready when it’s ready. It’s not launching Beta this month that’s for sure.

In the meantime I’ll keep profiting off other stuff and accumulating more MAID where I can for when it eventually does release, be that in 6 months or 24. All good things come to those who wait… :wink:

4 Likes

How do you put someone on an ignore list on this forum?

1 Like

Preferences->Notification->Users

1 Like

Thats why i said atm is overvalued for something not working, this change along the way.

Thats what you get when you dont trade the waves you get butthurt :smiley:

Yeah, we’re all on the same team and wavelength in the end :slight_smile:

It’s like the guy in the office you argue with over whether the sky is blue or azure, both are probably right in the end, but what’s life without a few colourful characters/personalities even if you disagree with them :+1:

4 Likes

Indeed been really bullish on maidsafe, but happy i sold high and slowly start buying back. Just the deadline to final release is still far. Funny how people always get upset when you say something bad. Maybe emotional involved in their investment.

1 Like

Negativity kills motivation, so I understand that a bit, realistic critique is ok though. Trade talk involves way to much emotive feelings and highly charged accusations made with some (false) absolutism. It all make such helpful chat difficult. In terms of launch etc. there is a possibility right now that if we launched tomorrow the (financial) impact would be dwarfed with the btc rise, if all we wanted to do was look at money/profit/cash/power that would be a problem, but our goals are to provide everyone in the world with something we believe they need, like food, water or safety. That is a secured very available new Internet. It makes the goal very single minded and spurious targeted negativity can be an enemy to folks working extreme hours.

Personally I distance myself from negativity as much as possible, otherwise I might be forced to act like a defeatist or just somebody with no energy. If somebody was in a room with me and was being negative and not proactive in advancing the project then you can be sure I would react to that and they would not be in the room very long :wink:

As for many supporters, they will also feel very similar. Investors can be varied, many of our early investors are huge supporters and that amazes me. Day traders, well that’s a whole different ball game, the focus there becomes very much cash oriented with extremely short term profit as a goal, many times regardless of what brings that profit. Long term holders helps as well, mid range trading also is a hug benefit. So “people” are not a group you can reference without further clarification when talking about these kind of projects and feelings/motivations.

20 Likes

Like i said its a trading topic and there you can expect people to have a diffrent opinion, i doubt looking for motivation should be done in a topic like this. And like i said been bullish aswell read a lot about it and even you guys expected to be more far in 2017. But atm so much is launching where money can be made. Just any bearish post here is butchered.

You know what though, this is exactly what I personally want to see.

As DI mentioned above indirectly is that a bunch of people are in this not for money but a chance at a better more fairer world with the same opportunities for everyone.

Emotion is a shocker when trading 100% agree.

Even though David, the Devs, the mods and even many of the old heads here will keep the lid on things and distance themselves from price talk, there’s no hiding from the fact whatever incentive model we end up with early adopters are going to be faced with never or rarely seen before decisions financially. It’s very possible bag holders here have learnt from BTC and will hold 100k+ bags for 5-10 years post release.

I pretty damn sure we want those people to care, they will quite possibly be the ones re-investing in and shaping a ‘safe’ future (pardon the pun) :+1:

7 Likes

always nice to keep 100k on the back incase it all works out.

I’m a long term and significant holder since 2014. I got into the MaidSafe project because I saw in it a disruptive potential similar to what got me into Bitcoin back in 2011.

I have held on like grim death to Bitcoin through all its ups and downs, precisely because I believe passionately in the vision.

I apply the same thinking to MaidSafe and its future SAFE Network. I’m holding on regardless, patiently waiting for the big world-changing reveal :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Although Bacobob states Maidsafe will not deliver before 2019 or 2020+ and is convinced Maidsafe is overvalued, he is buying.

Does Bacobob have his mind straight?

Just like David Irvine, i feel constructive critisism is always welcome, but negativity goes straight out my door.

PS Thank you digipl for showing me how the user mute works :+1:t2:

PS Bacobob, fyi I have been in Bitcoin since 2011 and am very comfortable with my investment returns especially with Bitcoin being on fire.
Maidsafe is the next big thing. This was my last message to you. Good luck with everything :+1:t2:

1 Like

Lol, Im indeed buying and have orders set all the way to 2k (approx 400k max.)

Im a trader thats what i do increase my bitcoin untill i see tech that is exactly on a confortable stage for me to
add it to my long term porto.

Good for your that your in btc since 2011 im in btc since 2012 and now have a fulltime job in crypto love the scene.

And if you can read i didnt say it will not deliver before 2019/20 you made that up in your head.

Didn’t do much to the BTC/MAID price though. Still higher than the approx 4000 low a few days ago

Just trading talk by the looks. If you wanted to buy a lot more to trade, just ask yourself how you could lower the price so you can make more profit. Then just look at what a couple here have been doing.

That was the earlier rise when people where pumping into BTC just so they could buy the alts. This last doubling in BTC price is as you know is so people can get BTC and they are pulling everything they can out of the alts and new money is only going into BTC. That is the reason for MAIDs drop, not because of the release schedule. I can test SAFE now, :wink:

And I’d add that it is done deliberately and without reference to what the trader really thinks, its all calculated to elicit a response that aids the trader’s position. Often the trader has no opinion in the matter or the opposite opinion. Like “a million is being dumped” which is meant to make everyone feel the price is dropping and they had better sell now. But the facts were that the price dropped a mere couple of percent and indistinguishable with the normal ups and downs.

If a trader is talking the price down then be sure they are buying or about to buy. You know buy on the sell talk and sell on the buy talk.

3 Likes

Not directed specifically at @Bacobob, but he needs to heed this too

I will add from the @moderators (read the faq/forum-guidelines and the opening post here) that anyone posting in this topic is also supposed to spend more time reading and contributing elsewhere in the forum. This is not a Trading forum and this topic is only for those with a real interest in SAFE. So if your major time is in the trading topic then beware that your posting privileges in this topic are not revoked. Not because of what is said, but because the person is using the safe network forum as a trading talk platform.

This whole forum is about SAFE and not intended to aid or assist traders trade. This topic is intended for people interested in SAFE to also have their say on the price.

8 Likes

Personally I’m upset I only have half the MAID I originally did almost 3 years ago. Dang financially demanding+irresponsible parents (mine and not mine)… and damn my motormouth of truth (i.e. somehow my life urge to say IRL exactly what’s been happening in this strange online world)… and then people taking advantage of the knowledge I’m spreading in their direction. Just… don’t get it. And then nobody actually invests, to add insult to injury, always wasting time and delaying their immense half-decades long future profit ahead of them.

And then, people caring about selling …as if that’s not going to bite them later in life anyway. “Oh wow Safe’s going up like crazy, better predict where I’m going to sell and waste my life away staring at these numbers on a computer screen, and end up losing money thanks to greed.” I just want my MAIDs back. I’m not the one selling for personal stuff, yet half of them are gone—from lending them out, despite fair warnings given from me to them that I’m the least willing person on the planet to lend anything out due to intense years-long knowledge that daytrading is a waste of time, from experience. And then not getting them back. Freaking insane. Anyway, thanks for listening.

8 Likes

Bacobob, I think part of the reason people are getting a bit emotionally charged against you is because you are posturing about how smart you are and talking about the wealth you have accumulated amidst a crowd of people who are seeing their wealth diminish day by day.
Would you argue that this behavior is necessary?

What is happening now is that you are intentionally or unintentionally enticing fearful people to sell what they have left (to perhaps buy back lower) which is nonsense by now already (with your comments of Maidsafe being overvalued etc) or making people feel bad about being holders.

Take joy in the profits you have earned and let others (who are not so fortunate) be.

13 Likes

I think we should ignore the noise and stay focused on the journey. I am holding. Confident it will come good. :+1:t2::relaxed:

5 Likes

Safenet is not just a “product” off of which to make money. At least not for me. Don’t get me wrong. I love money. But when it comes to Safenet money just may become a by-product of something I really, really want in itself.

I haven’t followed this thread very closely, but I actually don’t see much of a conflict between @Bacobob and the rest. We are just emphasizing different things, and this is a trading thread. MAID may or may not be overvalued relative to fiat. That’s a legitimate question for a trader, but for me price is secondary even long term. In the end, I’m interested in putting food on the table, but doing so in a free world. If I can get rich from the thing that makes the world more free directly - great. If not, I’ll still want a safe network to use in my daily life. I also have a feeling Maidsafe the company is doing OK financially and not really dependent on the price of MAID at the moment.

6 Likes