MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Replying to the more emotional posts rather than @neo’s post, I see. I wouldn’t be surprised if ejinte wasn’t a whale manipulating MAID specifically to be lower right now than what it otherwise would be. All I can say is I wish I had more money right now… Oh wait, I do have quite a bit of extra $ right now! Going to the bank. Thanks ejinte, whatever you are!

What would be way more helpful for the community here is to try to explain WHY Bitcoin might keep climbing higher than anyone expected, or at least speculate, or any other useful, different information, rather than spread fear like a fiendish and insane trolling, manipulating fraud.

A deflationary asset quoted against an inflationary asset can only go up. Bitcoin will touch $100k faster than anybody could expect.
On top of that the mass wants bitcoin. I see it everyday. They are not sophisticated enough and wants what is being talked about in the newspapers

Add to this the coming fork…

If this guy was the dumper he would be talking MAID up, not down

3 Likes

I totally agree. Someone commented above about waiting for Bitcoin to cool off - and - then we’ll see an increase in Maidsafe’s price.

At this point, Maid is going to have stand on its own merits. Bitcoin is going to ramp like crazy through 2018. Soon every Tom, Dick, and Harry will be able to buy bitcoin through their stock brokerage accounts. Millions of people who have self directed 401K’s and IRA’s will be able to dip their toe into the bitcoin pot.

Add in billions of dollars of purchases through Family Offices, Hedge Funds, Private Capital Groups, and Investment Trusts and you have a recipe for bitcoin’s epic price appreciation.

1 Like

Bitcoin is the gateway to crypto. Only a small amount needs to be syphined to other coins to see them climb at a similar rate.

The Bitcoin tide may well lift all boats.

6 Likes

All I know is I’m ready for something different. The depth looks different… a little less sell-off-like now.
All just words of course until something actually happens.

1 Like

It is benefitial for a dumper to talk down the price, that is if he is creating a short position in the process. Later he will close his short position at sharply reduced prices. Problem for this guy is that he is shorting the wrong crypto, because most Maidsafe people don’t jump ship, especialy not now.

The more this guy shorts, the more he will pay the price when he has to turn his position.

So smoke him out by buying more at these wonderful price levels. It will be fun to see him run all the way up the chart! :joy::+1:t2:

PS i believe certain projects are real bargains right now #1 maidsafe, #2 EOS, #3 Bitshares

4 Likes

Paradoxically, it is easier to take the price down in a coin with a strong fan base and believers : there is no flow because the fans don’t sell or buy.
They are already all in. So they can’t really sustain the market on the bid side.

The dumper, since he is big, is sophisticated and knows MAID. He probably knows it would be crazy to short.

No need to smoke him. A sophisticated buyer buys on the way down. Again, this guy is currently selling to strong hands. He will only be able to buy back higher in average since he has in front of him believers who won’t sell cheap, if they sell at all.

I fully agree about bitshares, but I stay as far as I can away from EOS

2 Likes

You absolutely have a point there.

Although it is impossible for me to know if the dumper is going short, the bashing from this guy coincidentaly is accompanied with the price going down, which makes me think…

Anyways i think we can agree on one thing: it would be great if this troll has build a short position meanwhile that he has to close at some point in the nearby future. For sure not all whales are smart.

Concerning EOS, i don’t worry about the stories that are going around. Dan Larimer is a trustworthy name in crypto world, i dont think he would risk destroying his reputation.

Both projects hold a lot of promise, Although i would not switch a single maidsafecoin for EOS. Maid is my favorite!

2 Likes

I’m on this thread to express an opinion, just like you

3 Likes

I don’t comment much on price, but nothing would make me sell my maids :slight_smile: gotta hold thru all this stuff. It’s just noise until SAFE apps (Decorum, FS, and new ones to be imagined) are all household names, changing the world :slight_smile:

Also BTC should pull back a bit after the “gold” fork, is my gut feeling?

2 Likes

After SegWitx2 I think.
I would imagine B2X (if we can agree to call the upgraded block size Bitcoin that way) would make much bigger splash.
Bitcoin Gold should fork in about 36 hours with just about no coverage. It looks like a none event. I wouldn’t be surprised if some Bitcoin owners don’t even bother to pocket the free cash.

I’m watching this carefully. Don’t be surprised if a ton of GPU miners switch out and away from Ethereum and begin mining BTG. I’m watching for Ethereum’s and Zcash’s difficulty to plummet.

1 Like

That’s an interesting take. I do see potential for Bitcoin Gold precisely because it offers GPU mining and because so many in the Bitcoin community consider Its mining to be too centralised.

Unlike Bitcoin Cash, which was the result of a political argument, Bitcoin Gold is taking a different path by eliminating existing Bitcoin miners from the opportunity.

Time will tell!

1 Like

And MaidSafe??? It used to be that Maid would at least be mentioned in this group. It is really flying under the radar…

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect anybody to bring up a project that isn’t based on Blockchain technology at Blockchain World.

Consensus Without a Blockchain | by MaidSafe | safenetwork | Medium

5 Likes

Finally some Maid movement in the other direction today, as with many other alts. Early beginning of the rotation back into alts ahead of tmrw’s BCG fork?

Probably. Then dump ALTs and pump BTC… rinse and repeat. Wish I knew when these cycles occurred.

The fork took place hours ago.

2 Likes

Fork was hours ago, it’s already trading on Binance. You can’t deposit or withdraw your BCG on there yet though, so can’t send mine on to sell just yet :frowning:

4 Likes

Ah. That makes more sense!

You can tell I wasn’t too focused on it :slight_smile:

3 Likes