MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Yes. Yuanbao maid/cny pair withdrawal issue - #31

1 Like

yes
at least 20 characters

1 Like

Howzitgaun, chinas? </frankie&josie>

Has anyone even gotten their LBRY “invite”?

I haven’t.

And thus, I have no idea if LBRY.io even exists.

Hey… apologies for my naivety regarding trading… but can someone confirm whether #SFE on various exchanges such as https://yobit.net/ and https://c-cex.com/ are legit or not?

there had been some discussion about it previously…

1 Like

If you have arrived at the conclusion, that it’s best to fund via selling at the exchanges, in what fassion would that happen?
Fulfilling the buy orders in large numbers could crash the market and trigger some forced liquidations, which would surely upset many people.
On the other hand, placing a sell order at about market price or slightly above it, let’s say 10 BTC worth of MAID, every few days or as needed, would hardly have any impact on the markets and it would be a more profitable sale.

1 Like

This is being done is sensitively as possible. It is in nobody’s interest that we crash the price.

5 Likes

This is the only reason i dont buy more maidsafe atm, cause they have control now.

With a total buybook of 7.8 million on poloniex.

I think the fact they dont do a private sell is crazy, what if someone wanna collect at market value but doesnt wanna skyrocket the market.

I respect how they get funds and what they did with the funds available, but the fact they can just sell more then the whole buybook on poloniex makes me indeed worried. Im a investor/trader and i see huge potential, but im not a gambler and that is what buying would do now.

Ok I don’t get involved much with this stuff, all the talk of us having control is really a fallacy, there are wallets with waaayyyy more than we have per wallet. Anyway, we never signed up for a kamikaze school here, we need the project to do it’s best as should all supporters.

However on this point, so we do a private sell to XXX

So XXX could be

1. A nice person who respects and supports the project
  2. A ruthless investor who capitalises somehow by killing the price or some of that pump/dump stuff everyone talks of in trollbox fashion
  3. … and so on and so on

So you have at the moment MaidSafe, maybe we are trusted and maybe we are not, but we are known, folk see what we are doing and we are up front about it. Would you really prefer XXX was instead involved.

I have never said we would sell all those coins, I have said 100% we will sell some, but how many we cannot tell. It’s not the plan to fund the company using these coins, We have a different route for that, but this helps with cash flow at the moment. IF you look, our cash requirements are dwarfed by many/most/all? other projects. I spoke with some VC’s a few years back in SV and was told, take your current yearly burn and make it monthly and you are attractive. TL;DR We are not splatter cash folks, every penny’s a prisoner to us and we squeeze the living daylights out of it.

Nobody, wants to see progress damaged in any way, but I think sympathetically working with folk in the open is dangerous and brave, we choose that path and still folks will not like it. I appreciate that, but maybe, just maybe we are not crazy and maybe just maybe there is a bigger plan here? In any case what we are not is secretive or devious, I can guarantee that (we are not XXX), but better folks can check the history and current way we work.

I hope this helps clear some things up, or at least offers some perspective.

19 Likes

You dont have to sell all to xxx , but instead spread it to people willing to buy.
This way you reduce the chance to attract your No.2 option.

If someone wannabe a Ruthless investor i think the Margin trade option of Poloniex will suit them more then just buying coins at market value.

You indeed Never said you will sell all the coins, but you never said you wont sell all, cause if the need is there you will also sell it. Thats the point we just dont know and that is what makes the market much more hard to predict and if im buying now 100k coins, and on the other hand Maidsafe is selling a million then i can lose value. (depending on the market ofcourse)

Thats why on short term im not buying, but im still long term bullish.

And that i said your in control wasnt ment offending at all, we understand the need to sell coins
But with a couple mln coins its already possible to influence the market.

:smiley: Agreed, but I Think this covers your whole statement and none of us know but we all try to do our best, us for the project for sure and maybe some investors for the short term profit and some supporters for the project and some investors for long term etc. So we are in agreement, but I would worry [edit if I did worry] about larger holders than us that being the case. So the best we can all do is grow the base and work hard, damn hard to make that happen :wink:

We all win when we all face the same direction and move forward. I feel strongly this to be the case and this forum for sure feels mostly in agreement with this, so that’s as good as we can all expect and as far as many projects goes I Think the comfort here is good. We can throw out brainstorm ideas etc. and great.

8 Likes

It’s in the Scottish genes lol :wink:

Seriously though, just trace back to David’s reaction when the uber whale dumped 6M during the last big pump.

Continuing the discussion from MAIDsafecoin, Price and Trading topic:

It really isn’t SAFE’s style to go dumping into an order book, I’d say your fears were understandable Bacobob, but probably unfounded.

2 Likes

Unfounded or not a company does everything possible to keep there head above

Their monthly expenses set entirely in sell orders would make no significant different to price though. I dunno, you have to make your own decisions, but I’m not worried myself. The negative impact was in market sentiment which has already played out imo.

6 Likes

blah blah blah, why not demount and share some of the good news stories that seem to be hitting your twitter feed:

New Scientist (Paywall)

Internet 3.0: How we take back control from the giants

Monster companies run the internet and gorge on our data. But what if we abolished the server farms and ran it ourselves?

4 Likes

Will there be another big pump before anything hugely majorly substantial (in Alpha, Beta, etc.) happens? Maybe there will just be one out of nowhere, catching everyone off guard. But just like last time, it will head back down until actual Beta etc. releases.
I’ve been getting that feeling lately. Who knows, though. I think this way because more and more people will start reading about SAFE, who have never heard about it before, and this new collective of newcomers will become too big to ignore, and then the price will be practically required to erupt, not to mention the whales that would be way happy with that turn of events.
It may seem like an unnecessary event in terms of how it will reflect on the project (not that they have any control over pre-release hype), though I think it could be inevitable.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think there may be some bumpiness (this is crypto …), maybe some market manipulation, whatever, but the trend, if everything goes off more or less as planned, should be kind of dramatically up. As dirvine said, Price follows value. And the value—again, if things go pretty much as planned (and I think it’s a matter of time, not “if”)—is truly massive.

3 Likes

… is what is impossible to tell, I guess? It’s not like a pump needs too many players, as long as they are big enough. So, the question depends on the personal whims of a few, not anything obvious and rationally market related. If there’s enough time for it, I would say yea, there will be another pump or two, and they will be rationalized away by news from the devs or something similar.

1 Like