MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

In my opinion, a drop down to 2000 is unlikely.
Why? Because MAID has already dropped by allot. You don’t just go from 18K Sat to 6K Sat without some major negative news. Only the forking events explain the freshly beefed up BTC dominance, I think. Any further substantial downward movement, if it occurs, should be a flash crash followed by an instant recovery.
Even a 10K BTC can negatively influence altcoins only so far. Positive BTC shifts do not necessarily cause negative altcoin moves. Lets not forget how just a few months ago altcoins gained even faster than BTC, leading up to a BTC dominance of only thirty something percent.
I would bet that soon after the November fork frenzy is over tides would shift and altcoins would regain the lost ground. Until then though, it would probably be BTC marching and alts bleeding.

5 Likes

Hard to say; Jimmy Song says 2017 was the year of the ICO and predicts 2018 will be the year of the (Bitcoin) hard fork.

Was desperate to find at least some amount of money so I could buy at this ridiculous low satoshi price, found 36 dolla lying on a site, bought 100 more MAID. BTC back below $6,000 and below $100B cap, deciding what it wants to do next.

1 Like

RAINBOW STARBRIGHT?

Anyway Beers, man of the future… what’s the weather going to be like tomorrow?

another storm is a brewing, keep sheltered or go and embrace thats the question… hmmm

2 Likes

Twas that there a ‘troll’ my old jaded memory recalled :wink:

1 Like

Time to buy some MAID: Perfect Now
Trend Reversal Imminent: Anticipate :space_invader:

3 Likes

dropping again… who is surprised? not me at least, I predicted it just a few days ago.

Everything drops while btc rises Fudster!!

4 Likes

Er, you predicted 2k, which it s VERY unlikely to get anywhere near. Even if BTC crosses $10k in the short-term I’d be amazed if MAID dropped below 4-5k sats. More likely is a price bounce when BTC runs out of steam.

6 Likes

It’s unlikely that one catches the precise bottom or top in trading or investing.
Building a position gradually is the way. This is a good time to get some MAID
In a matter of days or weeks it will trade again above 10k, maybe shoot to 15k
Some whales love these downswings so much, it’s where they start to push up…

6 Likes

yesturday bitcoin had “reached the bottom” at 7000. now we should be amazed if it drops below 5000? that’s funny because it is approaching 5000 quickly!

??

I never said yesterday was the bottom or that 7k was. I said the time to buy and sell was in the more obvious bracket of around 20k-7k. Punting outside of that kind of range is a pretty high risk gamble given the resistance in fiat value over 30c and the likelihood of BTC breaking $10k before MAID regains some momentum.

I was pretty clear I thought. I said I bought at 7.5k and I certainly never said it was the bottom. I’m not psychic, no one knows where the top and the bottom might be. Traders look for profitable ranges, not perfect predictions. I also don’t think you should be amazed if it breaks 5k… I said I would be amazed if it broke below the 4-5k range, even if BTC pumps to near $10k in the short term (which doesn’t seem very likely before the end of the year), that’s still only 40-50c MAID and we’ve been in the 35-70c range for a fair while now. You are suggesting that it might plummet to below the 10-20c range, which there is no rational argument for in the short term as far as I can see.

3 Likes

8 days ago 49 % thought that the bottom had been reached… So sorry for those guys. didn’t I tell you?

BTC has gone up 20x in the last 2 years. Throughout that period MAID has stayed very solid in the 4k-20k range, yoyo’ing quite wildly and unpredictably within it.

No one is suggesting that today is definitely the bottom, of course it could go to 4-5k range if BTC keeps on climbing. You said 2k though!? That would mean that you think despite the 20x’s in BTC value over the last 2 years you think the next <2x will suddenly drop us totally out of all ranges to a new low, despite our proximity to Alpha 3. You can keep trying to deflect all you want, no one has ever said they are psychic and can predict tomorrow’s price or sell and buy at exactly the right times. All anyone has said is that there is absolutely no reason to think it could get as low as 2k and selling at the historical bottom end of any range is usually a very dangerous and bad move. You won’t win until you buy back, if you are waiting for 2k as a target then most likely you’ll miss most of the profit you could make selling at the bottom end anyway because that seems very optimistic/risky. I believe selling now is akin to picking up pennies in front of the steamroller personally. That’s fine though, sell if you want to. No one cares what you do with your money. If you try to use this forum to influence some ‘greater fools’ to sell in the direction you want you can expect many of the rest of us to point out how unlikely (based on history) what you have suggested actually is.

5 Likes

You’ve been claiming 2000 every time you give a figure. While I don’t say it cannot, it isn’t anywhere near there yet. So your predictions are not met yet at all. I and others have not discounted it going lower, and I even predicted it going lower when BTC jumps up again, which it did. So I have as much to claim I predicted correctly - not hard though.

I’d like to hear your prediction in fiat rather than BTC. Thats because if BTC goes to 10K then 4000 is still a great figure for MAID.

So rather than playing the trader who wants to drive the price lower than what it will go due to BTC rises (your constant 2000 predictions & bad mouthing timeframes) How about giving a fiat price you predict. Now that would be a real prediction.

11 Likes

Maybe someone should start with developing a trollbox, like Poloniex used to have, using the comments plugin.
I feel that there could be a demand for it :wink:
Of course the ban hammer would be implemented like someone’s filter that can be disabled, I assume.

6 Likes

Most of us don’t give a damn what the price is today, yesterday or tomorrow. We know where. the project is at, and the hard work ahead. Whether it’s 1, 2 or 5 years ahead, we are getting excited on the inside with each passing day. Some of us are even buying more Maid.

7 Likes

Ejinte… you are the dumper huh?

When you do a dump you better first analyze if token holders of that crypto project are believers or opportunity hunters.

You are on a boat full of believers, here people dont jump ship. Good luck with your dumb, because in the end you will be forced to help us pump :+1:t2:

1 Like

So what are you doing in this thread if you don’t care about the price?

Obviously someone is dumping! watch it live on poloniex.com