MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

I don’t think it is overvalued. It is risky, but the ratio of risk/reward seems very good to me.

I think there’s a greater than 10% chance of a working product being released in the next two years, and that if this happens, the value is likley to go up by far more than 10x, so well worth the punt at this price… if I had any money to buy more that is :smiley:

9 Likes

Likewise …!!!

3 Likes

Oh to have a crystal ball and look at 2 years time

2 Likes

15 Likes

Well bitcoin broke the $5K barrier in a big way and the alts are suffering.

MAID hit 7100 today. So its outside of my “crystal ball”. Still worth 37 cents if it was still that low. But now its back to 7700 which is 40 cents. That is still 20 times from 2 years ago.

9 Likes

2000 satoshis incoming

^^ Exactly this!

I’ve spent my life gambling. MAID remains the best bet I’ve ever seen. BTC then ETH blew my mind in terms of the risk/reward ranges that I guessed at in 2015. Then I discovered SAFE and saw something even bigger and more obvious. I’d guess there is still no better bet in crypto right now in terms of risk reward (apart from maybe some tiny sub $100k project that no one knows about).

People are not betting on MAID because they don’t understand it, not because it is over-valued. That’s fine though. I want to capitalise on utility, not speculation, that’s where the long wait for the biggest upside always is. A load of speculators now could bring more downside than up in terms of long term prospects.

I think nature is going to take its course here. We won’t explode until testsafecoin and that’s about the time when we’ll need the users and the network effects to help make SAFE as secure as possible as soon as possible.

22 Likes

I know a few people who play with crypto, but… point them to maid they just don’t understand it.
I think it’s because it does not fit in to the blockchain frame of mind.

12 Likes

Quite significant turnover in Maid over the past 24 hours. Hope it’s not speculators and it’s a whale getting out

2 Likes

It could be a whale shaking some dead wood from the tree. We are near all time lows vs Bitcoin now. I don’t think anything has changed radically enough in either maidsafecoin or Bitcoin to justify this going lower. This must surely be a great time to buy in for those with too many bitcoin.

10 Likes

At what price will MAID bottom against Bitcoin?
Thanks for all votes!

• It already has.
  • It will drop below 2000 Sat.
  • 2000 - 3000 Sat.
  • 3000 - 5000 Sat.

0 voters

4 Likes

I expect it’s apparent now this flux is something to do with China changing tune again… or is it compound of expecting also another hardfork??

I’ve become slow to cotton on, having taken my finger off the pulse… I just sit and hold and care less about the current price. :smiley:

Still, damn what a difference a few days make! It’s interesting to watch and wonder. Little reason to consider that this is anything MAID related of course, as all altcoins seem to have the same - but it’s a surprise the volume that appears to have become speculative on BTC rise… the worry must be the whales are so large they are exploiting the smaller investors.

On the upside perhaps those divested of weaker coins can consider SAFE and reinvest their new BTC wealth in a better more considered way. Time for some simple marketing perhaps?

2 Likes

sell now and buy back at 2000 satoshis

1 Like

Would love to, but it’ll definitely go up a lot if I sell a bunch now :smiley:

7 Likes

There’s only so much buying that can be done by those putting buy orders on the books at Poloniex, etc. Even if BTC has even more of a rise from now, eventually the price will stop going below a certain point of satoshis, as a sort of tipping point that says “now, enough people have bought quite a bit of MAID at these low prices, so it’s a new form of pressure, battling even the insane BTC upward pressure.” So saying it’s going to 2000 is absurd, according to this. Manipulation, when will people stop falling for it?

I’m not a graph analysis expert, but it already looks like a tiny uptrend of MAID (even if it falls some of the time). Shot in the dark I guess, but I’ve also been reading/feeling this stuff for 4 years.

2 Likes

Maidsafecoin has never been 2k, even at launch. Get a grip people and ignore the trolls.

11 Likes

yes it has. but not at launch. it was sold for 4700 I think at launch but then it dropped to 2000 for a period in summer of 2014.

1 Like

From looking at the charts it got near 2000 for a short time, after the first few month or 2 after crowd sale, after initial hype had died down. It has never been under 3000 in the 3 years since. Much of the time since has been between 8000 and 20000.

1 Like

and now it is going down again. buy now and buy back cheaper

1 Like

“Buy now and buy back cheaper”.

Ok… did the first part but can you give us a tutorial on the second part?

Thank you

7 Likes