MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Fully agree. Until Maidsafe is close to launch people will say “get back to me when it’s up and running”. The smart money usually moves in just before this.

9 Likes

No offense taken.We are here on this forum for open discussion in a friendly way. Lacking not in sense of Project at all.David, Nick and others are way too nice and intelligent as compared to thousands of us. If u ask me why i invested in this project. My answer is simple. First , i like this project and i felt that David is an honest and hard working guy( not pampering him TBH). By lacking i meant awareness. i have noticed even most of the day trader have no idea what is maidsafe. Most of them only notice a project when they see movement in price randomly. And then they discuss it on tweeter and other social media. Its just a few time good push then people do it for u automatically. They will promote it on daily or weekly basis even if u dont want.Second, im in for a long term. There are many projects out there im sure who didnt even deliver anything yet but people talking about it and praising them. Me and Lisa already decided not to sell it before 2022 :yum: Not for taking a profit for a little pump and go away. If that would hve been the case i m sure i’d not be writing all this here. What im concerned here is about new money flowing in. As we can see the MCap of crytpo been raising a lot in last few months. Every month thousands of fresh people are investing in crypto. We have to be smart to take our share out of it. Because not everyone spare time to read the project and then decide to invest. And i’d never ask to spend millions on marketing for pump and dump. My main concern is about new money flowing into the crypto.Because personally i dont like moaning about price hype stuff all the time and thinking about getting rich overnight. i hope i made myself clear here.

9 Likes

Understand where you are coming from. The crypto world is very very young. If it proves itself, it will add many more hundreds of millions to the amount invested. Maidsafe will actually give the crypto world a lot of credibility when it launches. Apart from a handful of them, they are mostly crap

8 Likes

I think a few articles by those interested in the space wouldn’t go amiss. Millions do not need spent. Just a bit of time telling the crypto media and create a bit of a buzz. I am sure they would have followed up on their alpha 1 stories at least.

4 Likes

Good thinking. Good marketing will bring in a lot of developers to build their services for future adoption. In return, will have high user base and Safecoin price moon.

2 Likes

What is this silly ‘moon’ thing all you young kids keep bringing up…you know this is likely heading to Alpha Centauri if it works right? :wink::laughing::wink:

9 Likes

Your brimming confidence is very reassuring.

1 Like

I’m actually one of the grumpy bums on here who will tell people to hit the brakes on their expectations. If you don’t you’re likely going to be scratching an unscratchable itch over the next few years whilst the journey slowly moves forward and you don’t see too much of a factoral return on this project (there’s the bluntness :wink:).

The journey will be extremely worthwhile if we can make it, that I’m a firm believer in :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Join the club :wink: Get off my lawn you kids :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: bah humbug

Really if SAFE does as its supposed to do then over the years the coin should keep growing in value and there is no real limit.

Imagine when 1/2 the world is using SAFE, there is not going to be enough coins to go around. Since there will *never* be 4 billion coins existing and 1/2 the population by then will be 4 billion or more one coin per person is pie in the sky stuff. Scarcity will cause the price to rise and most people will only have a fraction of a coin (using divisibility obviously).

Then imagine that people are using safecoin to do “money” transfers and buying/selling goods as well as for storing data, then we can see that a portion of the world’s GDP will be going through SAFE and this means the worth of SAFEcoin will be high indeed. Also shows that divisibility will have to have plenty of decimal places and use only one transaction for the transfer of any part of a coin.

Unless of course we as the SAFEnetwork users agree to transform SAFEcoin into another coin where there is 2^48 coins. But then divisibility would still be needed.

12 Likes

Correct @neo, there is indeed a very very large forest beyond the crypto trees…

Super happy the long termers like yourself will be able to help get that message through when needed (and it will be needed) :wink:

4 Likes

You know I have seen lots of pumps and dumps on many coins but rarely on Maid.

4 Likes

Looks like the price is being intentionally held down… there’s 11btc worth of MAID at 12629

The big ones stopped as soon as Maidsafe the company stopped giving timeframes. The pumps-n-dumps were using the build up to the proposed time to pump then they dumped after.

Now without these announcement timeframes the ability to achieve a successful dump has reduced dramatically. Also the usual “investor” (actually daytraders) lost a lot of interest around then too.

But we did see a minor pump (not very successful) around the alpha 2 announcement and the drop to below 13K

I imagine that when we get a testsafecoin announcement then the pumpers will jump on the bandwagon and try their luck.

4 Likes

Drip feeding test nets is a good way to get around the pumps too. I am hoping the new digital media guy at maidsafe will help create some more steady buzz.

3 Likes

When do they start ? In 2weeks ?

2 weeks sounds about right.

This isnt one of these bfl 2 weeks i pray.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for my single…

Hey guys, if you want to buy more MAID then now seems like a good time to watch the prices. Big sell off happening now and prices may even dip to below 10K. So buy a little at a time and follow the price as it goes down. Remember that from every dip there will be a rise as it goes down. Don’t buy on the rise but on the dip.

I doubt there will be any fear of missing out if you buy in small amounts while it goes down, this seems to be a sell off by someone who wants BTC for something else.

Disclaimer: And I could be very wrong, so this is not advise but suggestions :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Speculators went in at 9k sat up to 14k sat for alpha2 release, and are now exiting.
They are not believers in the project long term. Just smart money looking to make a profit for a short period before and during alpha 2 release.

We now have 2-3 difficult weeks before the marketers settle in their new job, and I agree we might see a big dip coming…

Could be a great entry point below 10k sat.

7 Likes