MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

MAID seems to be holding up quite well price wise in the face of the bitcoin fall… And what a lovely fall, may it continue.

Edit: Famous last words.

Place your bet, how far up does it go once alpha2 hit before settling down?

• It sink!
  • Stays about the same.
  • 0.00018 sat
  • 0.00020 sat
  • 0.00025 sat
  • 0.00030 sat
  • 0.00040 sat
  • To the moon and beyond!

0 voters

3 Likes

Could probably have done with an option between “same” and 20!

Any longer and we’ll be at 12 too.

there there, added a few option.

oops it reset all votes when I do that, vote again people.

EDIT oops It sink takes an ‘s’, i’m scared to fix it. I don’t want to reset again…

2 Likes

pump-n-dump but a small one.

they simply bought during the last few weeks at the times while the maid/btc price was low which helped raise the price. Then at/after announcement they sell and take profits to do the same thing in another market

2 Likes

I wasn’t expecting a huge bump straight away, but didn’t expect the opposite. Let’s see how it pans out over the weekend.

4 Likes

Seriously Alpha 2 had no effect on price!!!

Speculation money flies in and out, but investment money moves much more slowly. I was not expecting loads of speculators to suddenly jump in for alpha 2, we’re still a fair way from testsafecoin which is all they’ll care about I’m sure.

If there are more press releases then we might see a gradual increase in volume and demand over the next few weeks. It’s still a bit early to say imo. New investment money often has to do its DD and then go through the processes of ‘buying’. Sudden spikes are rarely very long-lived, better to create new interest and investors than just excite the current crowd temporarily I reckon.

20 Likes

So just checking the price now. Alpha2 was a typical buy the rumor sell the news apparently ?
Was there any press release ? No buzz at all ?

2 Likes

Few seemed to buy the rumour and there was no news released to sell on. All a bit of a damp squib, really. Given functionality was similar to test 19, I am wondering what the motivation around alpha 2 was, if not to shout about the milestone being reached?

Surely, these sort of alpha events should be celebrated, bringing renewed enthusiasm and faces into the community? I wasn’t expecting massive fireworks, but I was expecting something.

Edit: typos!

9 Likes

Albeit a minor one. We’ve seen huge ones for announcements. Near doubling in price then big dumps a couple years ago.

The whales were more likely worried about BTC then to try and pump a under hyped alpha release

The forum made plenty of buzz for weeks and the announcement in the previous dev update saw the price rise a little IIRC and the pump-n-dumper had probably bought prior to that so the dump as little as it was made them some profit.

Its a network that will remain running even when later testnets are running. Its for developers to have a stable platform to develop against.

In my opinion it will be alpha 4 and later that will see more of this. Should have vaults at home in alpha 4.

6 Likes

To me alpha 2 makes alpha 4 more of a reality, seeing as it’s a full-blown release with confidence and major working parts. Maybe it just means A3 will be more of a hit, being that much closer. If it isn’t… well, tough on people not buying in. It’s all mostly whales’ games, anyway.

4 Likes

I may be wrong but Alpha 4 is the integration of 2 and 3 plus running home vaults. To me Alpha 3 is the key as we should learn if Safenet is actually safe. If it is, then the project will have a huge layer if remaining risk removed. There should be price movements after this. Having said that, if you bought at ICO time, you should already be smiling​:smiley::joy:

5 Likes

Said another way

Alpha 2 is the User interface side of SAFE.
Alpha 3 is the user interface + routing of data using home nodes (no vault)
Alpha 4 is the user interface + routing + vaults at home

10 Likes

If we have any more talk of alphas (eg the last 3 posts) then I will have to move the conversation elsewhere as this topic is for price & trading of MAID. I’ll accept that the last three have bearing on the future price but any more means this topic is going off course.

3 Likes

11 Likes

i think exchanges play important role in pumping price of coins. We can see that lot of useless projects are even doing more then 100% now and then. when a coin is pumped few times, people do notice that coin and project imho. i dont agree with “Stability” sentence. we can talk about stability when price is matured and it can justify the project. But atleast not at this point. I have seen coins being pumped 2x just because of launching a new website. Really, i mean does it make sense? Important thing is people must notice this project.Because saying that Alpha 4 and Alpha 3 will make a difference and price will boom. Sorry to say, but i think it might wont make any strong effect( price should hve gone higher even after this release,every release is important). These achievements are not a work of a one day or a week. Its a hard work done by dev’s over a long period of time. We are lacking of something. David and Nick has to decide where we are lacking imho. we know project is important at this stage and not these issues. But these things go side by side.

2 Likes

It makes sense from a speculator’s point of view because they know that a new ICO will likely shoot up in the early days before crashing back down to earth so that’s where they are putting their money for quick returns. It has absolutely no relation to the perceived value of the project and is everything to do with making a quick buck. Longer term projects seem to mostly follow the same pattern as Maidsafecoin with occasional pumps from whales seemingly at random, and bearing very little relation to announcements of actual developments on the ground. Maybe cause and effect were more closely tied together in the early days but the huge number of new entrants to the market added to the natural volatility of bitcoin means the situation is basically chaotic.

4 Likes

I found out about maidsafe shortly before they had their crowd sale/ICO. I am still here and spreading the word. Let’s not forget that a bit of buzz causes more people to hear about the project, who may also become long term advocates and investors.

4 Likes

Just trying to work out your thought process with the above statement. Not a criticism at all just seeing where you perceive this project as lacking? The Price? Marketing? The code?

I don’t want to sound like an old grump because you raise a few good points but I see this popping up on the forum quite a bit (not just now after Alpha 2) about how there isn’t enough hullabaloo surrounding SAFE and how this does/can hurt the project long term.

Firstly, everybody including myself needs to take a slight reality check (please don’t think that’s rude I included myself as well here) and realise even though we exist in the space we are actually completely de-coupled from the Crypto Sphere when it comes to SAFE and the end destination.

Our product unless it’s ready to go simply becomes worth not much more than a stepping stone for the next generation to step up and attack the issues SAFE is looking at addressing as well as adding some cool new tech eg: software that increases in speed with more users. The all encompassing viral potential we see in this product simply won’t happen until it’s solid, complete and ready to head off out into the big bad online world.

Let’s say we spent $10 million on marketing Alpha2, had really cool websites, articles in major newspapers etc ad naseum what do honestly think the result would be? This is the bit that hurts @Sam_1, the impact would be minimal, sure lots of eyes would go “ok cool, great idea, show it to me in action/where do I go to use it”, but other than a few smart cookies with an IT or investment background who is going to plonk the cash down on what is still only a maybe???

I sat watching this forum for a good couple of years before joining and initially was like a lot of people here quietly getting frustrated why we weren’t shouting loudly from the rooftops even in our own circles as to the behemoth that was under construction. But as time went by and I actually sat and looked at the actual value proposition of SAFE and just how seriously it’s going to disrupt every level of society I realised quite frankly no one should be messing or interacting with this beautiful thing unless out of pure love (eg: you and I) until it was ready to spread it’s wings and embed itself in our respective cultures.

So I ask again what are we lacking? You can’t say price, you know as well as I do once SAFE works various markets will make this valuable even with zero marketing, You can’t say marketing because well there’s still only minimal to market other than the idea and some basic (very advanced) tech.

I tend to understand people feel this way because they want to make sure we don’t miss the average user on the street who we hope in time will use SAFE. I question pretty aggressively whether we need to be doing that at the moment. Until it gains prominence and is in use and they can click and download the general public are non-starters and let’s be realistic that imo is at least a good 2 years away at least (shudder, everyone won’t like that :slightly_smiling_face:)

So asking Nick and David to decide what we are lacking is hard, mainly because well I’m sure they ask this question of themselves every day, every time they read our posts, but again until this idea is not just feasible but chugging away a small group of investors looking for a ray of light (better marketing/a price increase) at the end of a very long tunnel are well the last priority here.

Ps: I’m not critiquing you personally just offering an alternate point of view. Best put it to you this way as this is a price/trading topic, what do you want most? a bump/pump each announcement plus the possible risks associated with the wrong eyes converging on SAFE so we all can fist pump our investment temporarily or do you want a rock solid and secure unhackable network that on release and proven to survive in the wild despite external parties attempts to sink it that will make you extremely wealthy and in a position not just to zoom around in a lambo (or whatever wealthy people like to do these days) but also be in a position to change the lives of those close to and around you with freedom SAFE as an investor will potentially give you.

I don’t think you can have it both ways and not expect some type of blowback from the wrong eyes watching this project too early (again though just my point of view, certainly not gospel)

Again I add though you make some important points and I take these all on board just trying to throw the other side of the argument out there so the newer forum members can throw some ideas around in their own heads and come to their own conclusions :slight_smile::smile::wink:

22 Likes