MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Well think of how a lot of games use in game currencies these days. What if we took your system and applied it to something like that. Or to a community project of some kind. Say you wanted to fund a large community project that required buying a building or piece of land, that would take awhile, but in the mean time you could use the coins to buy and sell things between community members that wanted to fund the project or during fund raising events of some kind. Say if you were holding a dance or something, you could sell refreshments using the coin in question. To get back to the gaming example you could fund major updates to the game, say an expansion pack or something, but in the meantime players could use their coins to buy and trade DLC or custom user created content.

2 Likes

Exactly, these are the kind of things Iā€™m thinking about! Itā€™s like borrowing money for a purpose, but now itā€™s something that has a value directly tied to the valuation of the purpose itself.

But Iā€™m sure if we had this and it took off, people would invent uniquely new applications beyond what we can imagine now.

2 Likes

Nice update today - price seems to be trending up already.:slight_smile:

Not anymore cause the buywall got away

2 Likes

Looking at the volume traded today it rather seems like
someone bought a good lot of MAID at 10k - smart buy order finally filled entirely.
:ant: 500 BTCā€™s is a real investment acquisition

Ah - so thats what happened to the buy wallā€¦
The ony thing that was keeping me from a forced liquidation - Some hard selling has had to be done to keep my head above water. Squeaky bum time for next few days in case I lose the lotā€¦ :cold_sweat:

I thought this Chinese exchange was going to make things betterā€¦

Iā€™m not good with this investing lingo. But to clarify. There was a large amount of maid bought at one time which created a buy wall or inflated price so that all other people jumping on board would ride the price up slightly or at least set a new bottom price? The problem was the buy wall was from one large purchase not many small purchases and the bugger is dumping?

Buy walls are seen in the ā€˜Market Depthā€™ graph, thatā€™s half way down Poloniex - Crypto Asset Exchange
They donā€™t reflect buys-past but potential buys-future. So, if the market slipped the price would not fall below whatever price that wall was set at because the highest offer to buy is fulfilled first against sells that donā€™t require a certain price. Those buys and sells that are set at certain prices create the market depth. Whales who try to manipulate market confidence sometimes place walls to give an illusion or to encourage a certain behaviour or just to show off; occasionally they are real intent to see a matched sell at that price. Iā€™ve seen 500-600BTC whales place walls on MAID before and thatā€™s not about any buy or sell, though they likely pick up something; thatā€™s more about pump and dump - but they tend to stay away from MAID as there are too many holders and real interests, so not easily played like other altcoins.

Buy walls then are not a negative and no suggestion of dumpingā€¦ more like accumulation but uncertain how much will follow. So, someone might put a buy wall in the case they wonder there could be some interest in selling, where people might not otherwise sell because there isnā€™t the market buy support to hold a decent price.

So buy walls reflect confidence ā€¦ but not to be necessarily about the market they appear inā€¦ sometimes on Poloniex whales will move through markets in parallel to chatter and nonsense in the troll box.

and since this is ABCs Iā€™ll suggest that obviously having strong buy and sell depth, suggests the price is fairly stable. Weak markets are shallow and then the price can slip back and forwardā€¦ see some other markets for MAID listed MaidSafeCoin price today, MAID to USD live, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap

On a different topic and while Iā€™m passing through this thread ā€¦ Iā€™ll wonder how Omni is functioning atmā€¦ I do support that platform but would like to see more from the Omni devs, ensuring that it is quick to action and useful for asset interests like SAFE.

3 Likes

I believe that the 500BTC was placed by @cl0ck3d, a member of this community, who is apparently acting in good faith.
What worries me is that that this large buy wall was totally sold and the price is now <10k satoshis.

If I see correctly at Poloniex - Crypto Asset Exchange in the graph at 6u50 (the big red candle) I see a volume of a bit less than 60 BTC, not 500 BTC.

1 Like

@draw is right , probably some got nervous and sold as the buy wall got removed .
It does not mean the wall wonā€™t appear again . As most of us are in for the real thing ,
why bother , at some point MAID will appreciate anyway by multiplying its value very
quickly , leaving behind many speculators taking up too much risk as day traders :ant:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s how I see it, if you know enough about this project itā€™s better to hold than to miss out. I honestly think that people saw a trend with how cautious the team is with proper implementations and saw a decent stretch they could try to manipulate before the Big Bang. Thatā€™s just some speculative thinking on my part but hey could be.

3 Likes

Iā€™m considering buying more MaidSafeCoin. Iā€™m just wondering about something - has there ever been any mention of MaidSafe (the company) selling ā€œover the counterā€? Werenā€™t they looking at selling some off to raise funds for development recently? Would it be beneficial for them to sell this way to avoid sell pressure on he exchanges?

I donā€™t knowā€¦ just wanted to check this before I buy on exchanges. I donā€™t mind where I buy from, but I do want to support the project. (Iā€™m not talking about whale sized quantities by the way!)

3 Likes

Appreciate the offer, but we decided against that, for many reasons, but mainly itā€™s difficult and potentially hard for our accounts and trust etc. We did have a lot of offers, but decided itā€™s probably more open to go via exchanges (if at all).

Itā€™s probably best on an exchange to be honest, for many reasons, although many will debate that. I think it leaves us open to scaremongering later on, otherwise.

Anyway I hope you understand and are not offended. Itā€™s great you are participating and supporting the project. Itā€™s well worth it for all of the community and beyond I feel.

20 Likes

We are pleased to announce that OMNI and its assets have been added to OpenLedger, media will cover this incoming weeks.

The assets are OPEN.OMNI, OPEN.MAID, OPEN.AGRS, OPEN.AMP, the Tether OPEN.EURT as the first place anywhere, and OPEN.USDT.

You may enter a market simply following this link to

https://bitshares.openledger.info/?r=openledger#/market/OPEN.BTC_OPEN.MAID

Accessing any other markets simply exchange OPEN.MAID with any of the above mentioned and you have just accessed a new BTC market on OpenLedger.

Follow us on socials for latest news and updates
Facebook

4 Likes

Hell yeah - decentralised exchange maid trading!

1 Like

china china china

5 Likes

That is amazing news!!! Now I get to trade MAID on my favorite platform. The Open Ledger - Bitshares trading platform has maid :wink: massive improvements. I find myself using it more and more every day. Beautiful interface.

The best part is it is decentralized and only I own my account keys so you can also store your MAID in the secure Bitshares/openledger wallet. I have been waiting for this for a long time.

I havenā€™t tried this for a while, but here is my shameless attempt to get your referral https://bitshares.openledger.info?r=mranderson

Edit: I just put up my first MAID buy order on there. I think I may be the first!

6 Likes

Alts having a decent rally with btc holding fairly steady - steadier than GBPs anyway :wink: lol. Nice to see 4 x 30 min candles each with 500k+ vol on MAID.

1 Like

Has china china china allowed for withdrawls from yuanbao yet?