MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic

Actually we are still high yes, a couple months ago nr. 100 on coinmarketcap was 3-4 million$ and now it’s still 15million… Nevertheless why do they fear :scream: if btc falls apart… Everything gets coupled anyway,with or without drivechains…

The best strategy with major new technology is to hold but my god is it ever hard. So easy to judge in hindsight that I should have sold last week but I made a clear decision to hold and not try to play the swings.

In what are you going to sell? Okay £$¥ etc but what a hurdle … My maid I won’t touch, but the other coins I was thinking to sell into tether last week but who knows if this can hold up the peg, for the moment this only is a mental peg if I understand it correct.

I hope the floccinaucinihilipilification of MAID stays within reasonable limits.

Real bloodshed in the cryptosphere these last few weeks. Has to be all the uncertainty of SegWit2X.

I’ve said for a long time that the value of Maid has been way
underfloccinaucinihilipilificated I’m not a Tory but you’ve got to love that Jacob Reece Mogg guy…I’ve heard him variously described as the “Minister for the 1930’s” and the “talking umbrella”… :smile:

If you see the price of MAID going up on Polo today… blame me! :grin:

Edit: All done. Someone else can take over :wink:

Shot my wad starting 1-2c higher yesterday…but thanks!) Buying in to Maid at 225m market cap? Has to be a steal!

I don’t think so.
Ethereum isn’t due any scaling. Nor is any other crypto (as far as I’m aware). And yet just about every coin and every asset has headed south and strongly so. My only explanation is that the entire market is correcting after the massive gains recently.

one of the little perks of MAID being 1/2 normal price is that I can withdraw the extra ones I had off polo en masse today. Been meaning to do that for years

i did the oposite with my level 1 in poloniex :sweat_smile:, so expensive to move maid

10 maid to move maid is still ridiculous even at current prices. Sort it out Polo.

Ha! It took me a while to work out that you were referring to withdrawal limits!:thinking::blush:

Lol I thought I would never see these kind of prices again. 23cts wow.
for fresh new money it’s crazy opportunity.
let it go to 2cts and I ll buy a million !

wait… I am not going to be popular around here cheering for 2cts MAID. sorry guys. It will bounce post fork big time. no worries.

Somebody needs to put bitcoin out of its misery, give me a gun or a baseball bat and I will do it.

• hands savage a crowbar *

Is this too optimistic?
https://www.alexfortin.com/top-5-crypto-currencies-invest-2016/

Predicting maid to hit $600 !!

$600 x 4.5bn (total future Safecoin supply) would = $2.7trn market cap.

I guess this and more is quite possible if Safecoin became a leading crypto currency and the safe network became widely used (having crypto currency that is fast, high-capacity, free to send, anonymous, and the native currency for a widely used network / resource could be explosive).

Also, $600 per coin could be reached with a lower market cap if the coin creation rate were sufficiently slow.

So I wouldn’t bet on it happening for a while, but it’s within the realms of possibility if the network performs very well & is widely adopted.

Here is a reply on the Alex Fortin blog about $600 price prediction on Maid:
Jonathan Kitay says:
FEBRUARY 24, 2017 AT 4:26 PM
$600 for Maidsafe in a few years? That would give the company a market cap of $271,531,447,200. That’s a bigger market cap than General Electric, AT&T, Alibaba, Procter and Gamble, Visa, and Wal-mart. Do you think you’re being a little ambitious?

Charles says:
MARCH 28, 2017 AT 6:26 AM
Firstly don’t forget the S-curve in supply (it’s not likely to get much over 3.5bn coins) and the fact that safecoins are burned/destroyed when used, then farmed anew with a higher velocity of money and utility than anything we’re used to in crypto – you HAVE to burn safecoins to store or serve data on the network, only surfing is free.

Secondly, even at your estimate that’s under 1/3 of a trillion. If SAFE Network is really successful it could do a hell of a lot more than that given the number of areas it excels in – black market ($10 trillion), internet ($15+ trillion), IoT (predicted over $7 trillion by 2020 and $20 trillion by 2027, gold and silver ($8 trillion), serving the unbanked, remittances etc ad nauseum.

Really, there is no limit to the potential for a secure, private, censorship resistant network (real digital freedom) that monetises spare resources, scales positively, and provides free infrastructure for developers, along with a coin that has intrinsic value to store and serve data securely, can be sent instantly with zero fees, no PoW, private by default, capped supply, huge utility demand blah blah blah…

Really, if it became very popular and worked exactly as described with no compromises made to the functionality it promises, then I think in the long term MAID/SAFEcoin could even dwarf that prediction – crazy as that may sound to the uninitiated. It can also do the smart contracts of Eth, but it scales, so if you like Eth potential and you like upside and the chance to make crazy returns then you should like MAID. It is by far and away my favourite pick and biggest hold in crypto, I have sold almost all my Eth in this recent bump ;). Sell optimism, buy fear and uncertainty.

My big pics for ROI in 2017/2018 are MAIDSAFE and PDC/Decorum.

I’ll be returning to quote myself here at some point with some numbers to show how right I was ;-p

I don’t think it’s realistic to consider such a price, as there are too many variables and unknowns at this early pre-beta stage of development. To be honest I would be surprised and happy to see $60 within the next two years.