MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic

Well, as someone who has been investing in this for over 3 years, I will say that this is a big gamble and as last year highlighted, they simply ran out of funds. I can’t speak to the technicals because I have no clue but I do think that a lot of people have bailed and the exchange situation has exasperated things.
The real question is what is the funding situation now? All of these things are probably weighing heavy on any bigger investor. There is the matter of this being 10 years in development too and still, we have no idea when an end product will arrive.
I think I have speculated as much as I am prepared to (unless we get an even bigger price drop) so will just hold and wait and see.

3 Likes

Lots of talking about MaidSafe funding:
https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-update-november-2019/30262

Not that much changed since then.

1 Like

In case someone has served you

I have made several exchanges in

I had no problem with any exchange of the 3 or 4 made

One of these exchanges was the sale of BTC to buy Maidsafecoin, everything was fast and smoothly, the exchange did it directly from my trezor, Segwit addresses that start at 3 everything went well, I think I remember with 0 commissions, currently very low.

Without KYC just email.

This is my experience.

7 Likes

Looks like a nice alternative for changelly. Maybe it can help the US customers the buy some MAID.

5 Likes

Remember guys when the network is live or post fleming dont sell your holdings cheap, let them non believer pay the price for being impatient. Alex Fortin predicted 600$ per coin , we might get there even if the network is user by a fraction of the world to begin with.

6 Likes

Yes, exactly! (The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies)

2 Likes

Hey…
Now that Chainrift closes… where do I move my MAID (as a european)? I moved them from Poloniex not so long ago to chainrift, now they close too… It’s getting quite nerve wrecking to have to move them constantly…

2 Likes

@Tilmann_Beyme If you are not trading them then you really should have them in your own wallet. eg a paper wallet and keep them there till either you want to trade them or during the exchange for safecoin.

3 Likes

See here and if you need help just ask:

3 Likes

Bittrex was always the logical place to move coins from Poloniex when they decided to delist maid. Not sure why anyone would want to move to an exchange with zero volume across the board anyway

6 Likes

Your foresight agrees with my hindsight. It should have been obvious, but optimism took over. We can always hope, but exchanges seem to be quite a wild ride. In any case I agree (now).

14 Likes

Just to note the abc, that you should only put coins to exchange when buying and selling. Hold them on a BTC address that is Omni compatible. Omniwallet is useful but always know your private key… on exchanges you are liable to third parties.

4 Likes

+1, not sure why anyone would leave money on an exchange. It’s the easiest way to get hacked or scammed. So many scammy exchanges out there. Leaving anything on them is tempting fate. Get your money in and out as quickly as possible!!

4 Likes

depends how you trade. If you are daytrading you kinda want to have a little kitty there always. Although even then it’s wise to keep your main stash separate. If you just buy and HODL though there is no question… do those buys then move it to a wallet. Exchanges are not like crypto bank accounts!

3 Likes

Good advice. This should be pinned.

2 Likes

I understand that the price of MAID isn’t the point of this project, but not being on a reputable, high volume exchange is going to be a missed opportunity in the next 8 months. The potential of increasing MAID value during the next BTC run outside of major markets is small. There seems to be hesitation in pushing MAID onto exchanges before SAFEcoin comes into existence. But again, for the teams financial position, another BTC bull run is a looming opportunity for all alts - one that should be planned for.

8 Likes

if it was me I would be unloading that loaned MAID ASAP on trex. Or at least whatever is needed for a very long runway well past Fleming. This is a very weak link in the chain now having only 1 exchange. I think it is best for the company to remove themselves from the risk of anything going wrong there.

2 Likes

All depends on liquidity, they can’t dump on folks if there isn’t heavy buys coming in. I think it best they dump time to time when the price looks appealing. Ideally + $.10 cent USD range seems to be where we set the baseline to figure out runway. Obviously if we see runs up to $1.00+ again I hope they be a little more liberal with their dumping if we have that kinda growth again haha.

1 Like

I get a feeling that someone is stuck in a short position and want the price to go down. :slightly_smiling_face:

not at all. Just saying from their perspective if something happens with this one last market for MAID there is no real way to fund the project. MAID is a respectable price and BTC is sky high. This is the time to say ok thank you for all that extra runway and exit.

That said, of course I would love to buy some cheap if they really push the price down :smiley:

2 Likes