MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

You also need to include all the 10 MAID fee that Poloniex had for the majority of the time. That could easily be a million or more.

4 Likes

Isn’t it their policy to just keep them and/or liquidate and keep the spoils? I am sure I read something along the lines of that in their terms. I remember thinking it was lucrative little game of semi-legal re-appropriation they had going. I am sure it must be online somewhere, but giving a little over 30 days notice before taking people’s stuff seems highly questionable.

Let’s hope I remember incorrectly.

I used to think that, but they are returning coins (supposedly) to those who did not want to complete kyc at the time of that fiasco.

2 Likes

If this community could come up with $2million in 24 hours why can we not come up with the listing fee for Binance. (Although they "apparently no longer have listing fees… technically)
Seems easier, faster and less hassle than ERC20.

6 Likes

I skimmed through the references for Bittrex, they seem very thin, if any, very weak allegations, did not find anything that makes Bittrex to be considered in a more negative way compared to other exchanges or the general crypto world.

2 Likes

All depends on our individual risk profiles I guess. I found the trend and especially the October “Angel Investor sues Bittrex” case alarming enough to decide against Bittrex as an option, you do not and that is perfectly ok. However I would not be a very good member of this community if I did not at least point out these past news events at a time when many might be deciding to sign up. Everyone should make as informed a choice as possible.

1 Like

It is just empty words, be open that you favor dencetralised exchanges, don’t hide your agenda and try to frame centralised exchanges.

I quote from the other topic

“If we are talking only centralised exchanges, then I fully agree. If talking decentralised exchanges then hardware wallet always in our custody is probably as good as we can get.”

Show me one decentralised exchange with daily trade volume similar to HitBTC, for coins similar to MAID. We have an decentralised exchange “ Open ledger dex ” and that exchange has ZERO daily trade volume .

1 Like

Objection. Facts are not framing.

Ummm, guilty as charged. You can take me away now I accept my fate…

1 Like

I’am waiting…
I’am sorry for being mad but I have experienced and seen too much bullshit lately in my life.

2 Likes

Speaking of that. Has anyone seen the trollbox comments on Polo? Anything interesting to derive? I can’t see it. (Oh now I can, though my question still remains.)

1 Like

HitBTC volume is widely considered fake so probably not the best comparison choice.

Of course decentralised exchanges are lower volume than centralised does not mean it will always be that way. If we stick to trustless DEXs with your hardware wallet always holding tokens in your custody until trade is made then Deversifi in the ERC-20 ecosystem did about USD $170 million daily eyeballing over the weekly volume chart. Binance DEX USD $850 million.

Not close to major exchanges sure, but not bad when the tokens never leave your custody until you make the trade IMO. What is not to like? Also with the ERC-20 suggestion it equally supports both centralised and DEXs so not biased one way or the other. And above all no bullshit.

1 Like

No more fuss. Its green. Fully recovered :joy:

2 Likes

That is good, there is probably a good reason to, in the future, also try and support decentralised exchanges for what might be an increasing future volume, maybe with ERC20 as you have also written. The most important in the shortest term is to focus on centralised high volume exchanges. Our project should not, if possible, ever have the risk of a 30% price drop just because one exchange delist. We need high daily trade volume on several centralised exchanges so that we never until launch face the same risk as we currently do

In the future it would be good if you are honest and straight forward with your motives and backing your claims with as solid facts as possible, don’t ever again waste my time or patience with deceiving bullshit. I spend many hours on trying to help this project succeed in the best possible way that I can, not to try and push some personal agenda, not to benfit me in the short term, even if a future succees might benfit me as many others. I want this project to succceed in the best possible way that benefits the project in the best possible way.

According to Coingecko HitBTC real exchange volume is only 20% of reported volume. But the volume for adjusted MAID volume which give weights to the price shows high on coinmarketcap and coingecko, I can’t figure out if Coingecko show daily MAID volume adjusted or not. I don’t know more than what I can get from the charts.

1 Like

What are you talking about? I have not deceived or bullshitted anyone - straight forward and up front. As far as I can tell your not happy that I posted a long series of past solid true and verified negative news events and high profile hacks related to Bittrex, it is like you would prefer to keep that secret so people can’t make an informed decision. If true, that really would be some deceiving bullshit.
So yeah, I have a decentralised exchange bias but I think most here will be guilty of that given this is one of the more outstanding decentralised projects. That does not automatically mean I hate honest centralised exchanges as you seem to have assumed I use several and it would be great to see MAID listed on some quality ones.
So yes now this conversation has veered into the time wasting now. I am sorry your having a hard time Christmas time can be trying for some, but please don’t project that on me.

3 Likes

Yes I figured that out after wasting time thinking you where seriously discussing centralised alternatives and trying to come up with solutions that would be most beneficial to the success of SAFE.

You tried making centralised exchanges look as bad as possible to push decentralised exchanges without stating you bias, that is deceptive to me.

We don’t have the luxury at this moment to focus on something that MIGHT be good in the future. There is a current need to find the best current solutions. If other alternatives will become Good or better in the future then there will be plenty of time to adapt to that situation some time in the future.

I have now moved my maid to bittrex

7 Likes

Try omniwallet. That’s independent of any exchange

3 Likes

@krnelson @tobbetj

We need to stop the hostility between each other and remember we are actually all on the same team. Sure we might not all agree on the best strategy, but I think we are after the same goal of finding a way to still have a liquid exchange in the new year. And its not just you guys. I have really noticed the friendliness meter plunge since the delisting announcement. Lets go back to how we were before the bad news and in a cool and collected way discuss alternatives.

17 Likes

It is cool with me, I felt offended by the argumentation in a few comments but I made my point and wont think about it anymore. Life is to short and there are bigger problems.

Hope we can move on in a constructive way and won’t have similar problems in the future.

9 Likes

Remember when polo delisting came out and we were like 37% down from .10 cent and gloom and doom predictions of going to 3-5 cent? Well now we are only about 10% down. And green actually on this red crypto market day :sunglasses:.

Lets keep perspective folks.

10 Likes