MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic

Buy support really filling in nice. I was getting a little worried before that like 1 medium sized sell could crush us any time, but now this is feeling quite a bit more safe to try to play some waves. Still being cautious not trend chase, but ya I am capitulating a bit on my bearish stance from last few weeks :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I like this green island in the red ocean:

13 Likes

Zoki, is that you buying? You must have got a big Xmas bonus

5 Likes

For me the red islands are good :dragon: (as a visual reminder to buy only green, when others are in FUD mode :wink: )

5 Likes

A lot has popped up on the sell side in last couple days. I would say we have the buyers though. At least last time it looked dire someone came in and market bought like 5 btc worth. Need a bull to come say I’ll throw in 2 btc and break that mini wall. I think it can be done. On the other hand… if this leads to some rock bottom prices I am hyped to buy! Got a lot of BTC on the current dip and its hungry to buy some of my fav alts (which of course includes MAID)

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

Wondering how the market will react to the “MVE” announcement in this weeks dev update. I already hear people saying aww man but that means even longer til Fleming. I am bullish on this though. What they are saying is they will take the time to make it user friendly so more dumb crypto people like me can say hey this is cool I want to invest :stuck_out_tongue: Overall prediction: Short term good buy ops as people that were expecting Fleming this month capitulate. Long term much bigger highs when we see all that extra value released.

2 Likes

There does have to be a tipping point where it actually does get released. The people who have been around and get/are getting anxious is because we have seen “near something” before only to delay months, years ect. Everyone wants the most value and ease of use but there does always seem to be we are there…but we are going to add this one thing. Anyone remember the excitement from PARSEC? I don’t because it was 18 months ago. I’m not trying to be a down and certainly not a non-believer, just always feels like “there is something else”.

5 Likes

No one really knows when release date will be but what would we do without eagerly hanging out for the weekly update. Very addictive that is going to take a while to wean myself off

4 Likes

Everyone during past peak times/years knew deep down there were other parts to finish coding, even when excited about major breakthroughs (like PARSEC). It’s different now that all the fundamentals have been coded as far as I’m aware; and now they’re all being strung together, which is way different than not knowing how many pieces are needed in the first place (and Crust was replaced with quic).

Public testing is probably the next major hurdle, though I don’t know how long that will take. But that should start in a matter of 1-2 months, as far as I’m concerned (one of those hunches). Therefore, Fleming is literally a lower end of months away from being released (again: afaic), not years. Basically: years ago there was excitement via conceptualizations. Now the concepts are done, and almost all put together, and being done quickly rather than slowly (through intelligent downsizing and reorganization).

4 Likes

Network upgrades and restarts may take a while. I recall someone in the past a couple of years ago saying this was a biggie.
So for me, working multiple vaults and upgrades and restarts are the biggies

3 Likes

That’s why this is like the best buy time. In the past we have seen tons of pumps based on excitement about conceptualizations. Now we are close to an actual PRODUCT though. Kinda gotta feel bad for people that are like this is “another let down” it prolly won’t come out in December and sell. At the same time someone is gonna buy that and I certainly intend to compete for cheap MAID with a product so close.

4 Likes

Do you think for full release before 2025?

1 Like

I am very happy for an extended accumulation period.

4 Likes

I realistically think 2030. Which isn’t a problem because this just simply takes time. The team is doing great and I hope they stay laser focused. But maybe everyone should rethink their expectations and realize that there is still a lot to do.

1 Like

I wonder. With a Fleming-ish release, while we only have the token Maidsafe. Imagine if the token beat the price of bitcoin.

How would the market cope with a token of a price higher than the chain it exists on?

3 Likes

2030? Was this meant to be a joke that I didn’t understand or are you serious?

1 Like

how are they gonna fund dev all the way til 2030? Based on how much MAID they borrowed there is definitely a much earlier limit. Of course that’s notwithstanding some major increase in demand like oh say an actual product people could tell their neighbor about. I think right now their goal is get a MvE product out the door ASAP and not burn all that MAID at low prices. Maybe it will be several years between that and final. I don’t really care what you call it if its a product that is growing the interest in buying some MAID though. At that point they can take their time and get everything perfect, meanwhile us traders will be happy making money as more and more people use the product. I think as long as they can get to that situation soon everyone is happy.

2 Likes

I’ve been following this project for 3 years and people have kept saying “whouaou the release is closer than ever, like a few weeks or months left”. But more and more I feel like every month the release date is postponed to “unknown date + 1 month”… Actually I begin to feel pessimistic about a Network release at all… Sad

3 Likes

well lets keep in mind its not like the dev team ever came out and said oh ya like 2 months left. They have been strictly quiet about this issue. All they do is give us updates on how much they did last week. Its us that speculates “Oh man this means Fleming any day now!”

Anyways that’s where you catch a dip. When someone is like damit I was planning to sell when they put out Fleming on X date but now that date is past and we aren’t pumping. Right now every time that happens I am like yep thanks for the coins. I’ll sell them back to you when we do have a product. I prefer sooner but I am flexible on when that happens.

3 Likes