MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Even though it is sorta stuck at 1500 I see a silver lining. That whale is actually buying some random sells here and hasn’t done a huge wash trade again yet. Could mean this is really the bottom he was looking for.

Either way something has to give soon. Possibly he is just sleeping or something and that big wash trade is coming. On the other hand if it doesn’t you know we gonna be able to pry ourselves out from here on that huge wall eventually.

1 Like

Thank goodness the thread’s back on track. I really need to be reading the same graph talk that have conversed about over 5 years instead of how fruits rapidly get depleted of negatively charged life-sustaining hydrogen ions when taken from the Earth and therefore should be consumed immediately after picking.

3 Likes

no wash trade yet and we got some nibbling happening on that 4 BTC resistance. I could see someone making a move soon. last time we were at 1500 someone ate like an 8 BTC resistance all at once. Stick to your guns mini-whale! The selling army is faltering! Main thing is as long as the big whale doesn’t wash we totally got this. Could gradually ratchet up or see some big moves, but either way there is actually not very much available to market buy without pushing price up significantly.

1 Like

Hello !
I just got to trust lvl 1. I bought MAIDsafecoin just when BTC started going down after the 12’000€ high it had. I first thought it was a real good move, seeing the money not jumping down like BTC did. The goal was to support the project and maybe make some money. However I saw the money almost halving it’s value since then. Does that mean that the SAFE network also lost just as much in ressources to work on the project?
Can the SAFE network group keep up with this? Do they really think they will make the idea a reality?

1 Like

Not exactly - they hold more assets than just MAID.

2 Likes

They have some FIAT, BTC and MAID. Yes, the crash affected their ability to fund the project, but the recent BTC recovery probably helped a little with this. There was a topic specifically about this on the board with a lot of discussion from a few months ago where the management spoke a little about their situation:

Obviously they aren’t going to straight up tell everyone their financial situation, but I believe the gist was they were likely looking to secure some outside investment funding by the end of the year to continue to an MVP. David promised to finish the project on his own, no matter if there is funding for the company or not.

6 Likes

I think they will when the time is right. Hopefully no shocking outbursts at the last second but they will keep us in the loop hopefully after this hard grind to get some form of their network goals out there to be tested in the wild a bit. No reason to dwell on finances if its not too big a near term threat(3-4 months == near term) when they have real challenges to tackle in the here and now.

1 Like

If they want to attract VC they are certainly gonna have to open their books up to them. I think MAID holders are like the original VC though and really should have access to this info. I mean forget actual VC if they just want people to buy more MAID then they should be more transparent. The only argument I have seen for not goes something like “we just want to focus on dev and not get everyone distracted by the companies finances.” IMO that doesn’t get rid of the elephant in the room to be like lets just focus on something else. I think it has been the right time for a while to have this conversation.

@Tilmann_Beyme Now pls don’t take this as FUD! There is good reason to think that the fleming release we are on the brink of will create lots of new value as the first iteration of the network that will actually have use cases beyond just testing things. In terms of dev progress they have indeed been very transparent. There is that unknown of their finances but that doesn’t mean they are bad. its just an unknown ATM.

2 Likes

Last year’s financials are available to download on the UK companies system. I have downloaded it so anyone can.

5 Likes

oh that’s some news to me! got a link by chance? If not I’ll go try to find it myself. Does it detail their crypto holdings or is it just an expenses/profits book? I am just shocked this never came up when we were so hotly debating this a couple months ago.

1 Like

We have mentioned it many times (see Search results for 'companies house' - Safe Network Forum ). It is a legal requirement in the UK. An audit though is not, but we pay a lot extra and have our accounts audited as it gives investors more confidence and also makes sure we keep right.

I am not sure how much more transparent you want? Do you mean access to the monthly payments and salaries or when we will do a trade of MAID/btc? All of which would be extremely silly for a company to do for many reasons. I am pretty sure even data protection rights for staff would not enable us to go that far?

13 Likes

Just type Companies House and the UK government site will come up. Search for Maidsafe.
Nick Lambert said there was adequate funding to May 2020 and everything I see says the timeline is about right.
Hold tight for the ride ahead. The Devs are killing it

7 Likes

honestly this is news to me! But yes indeed right here (MAIDSAFE.NET LIMITED filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK) you can read how much cash and how much value in crypto the company has. I don’t know how I have never seen this until now lol.

Anyways I don’t care about who specifically gets paid what. Not here to nit pick with anyone in particular. Just wana see the broad picture of how the ship is sailing.

In terms of being more public about trading strategies I agree there are cons but think there are pros to. A major problem with letting people know in advance you are selling MAID is that the market is so small it could cause liquidity to evaporate rapidly, but I don’t see any reason not to be public about how you are trading BTC. I think a major advantage is the inverse of that though. If people see you are not selling much MAID they have reason to suspect there is a big value increase (like a fleming release date that is soon) on the horizon, and thus become motivated to buy up MAID. The way I see it, its a short term loss but gains on the longer run by giving investors more info to think positively about. I think the gains from more efficient price discovery would outweigh the short term dips. Anyways I that’s up to you to decide but I just wanted to point out it would not be ALL bad.

oh and another “advantage” is you would have people like me trying to suggest better trading strategies :stuck_out_tongue: I think a thread on what moves the company plans to make on the crypto market would be very highly active lol.

6 Likes

Not sure how long you been following the project but i would be careful when saying “on the horizon”

MS somehow works in a slightly different time :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol I mean relatively on the horizon :stuck_out_tongue: no this is not a coin to jump in to walk away with mad profits tomorrow. I don’t think we even have to get there to start seeing and uptrend though. In fact I think it can really hit any time as people see we are getting close. Heck it would not be the first time something pumped more in anticipation of a release/airdrop/whatever… then when thing happened there was just not nearly as much hype. I do think this will be different because there is really significant value being plated out with fleming and its only a matter of time before the table fills up with the many wanting a bite. But despite that it doesn’t have to be one candle right on release day. In fact I think that’s highly unlikely. I think the big candle will be on release date release date :wink:

3 Likes

Only the BTC and Omni crypto holdings are there. There was an error in the way maidsafecoin was accounted for and so it’s treated a bit differently now.

Details of the sigmoid deal look interesting.

1 Like

SAFE Network was briefly mentioned on Naomi Brockwell and Chris Karabats’s, This Week in Crypto. She was asked ‘What are your thoughts on the SAFE Network and would you have someone from the company on the show to talk about the project?’
She seemed open to having someone on the show.
I don’t think it would take much to stir interest at this point which would should help support the price. SAFE Network will make an end run around many of these projects in short order. Exciting times! :smile:
It should play at the point when she reads off the question.

15 Likes

Definitely a positive thing it even got mentioned. But the hosts seemed kinda like erm ya I rly don’t know if this is taking off or not. I think now is the time to @ some of these people and be like look you… we will soon have this actual prototype you can go use and try out with fleming. I mean people with crypto podcasts should thank us kindly for the info. That’s a real story… something that’s been worked on for years coming to fruition. Much more of a story then some next blockchain with slightly different specs and a guy claiming to be satoshi :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Once the Exec Team consider the “security” aspects to be met then the flag should be raised and all the key influencers invited. Also depends how long to beta. The closer the better

8 Likes

Don’t sweat it. These people are hardcore libertarians and are going to be some of the most full-throated, diehard initial supporters when we can offer them a viable product. They are simply focusing on tech they can use in the here and now. With something this disruptive, we should all count our lucky stars that we have had the luxury of flying under the radar for so long.

7 Likes