MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Oh yeah, it can certainly happen, but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Also Google is a pretty big deal - about as big as they come in fact.

1 Like

But then again, without the government’s involvement you could have received whatever services you received for a fraction of what was paid for them by the Finnish welfare state (and therefore ultimately you).

2 Likes

Us being the Google killer: conversely—the price will rise then, as well. (At release time, anyway.)

1 Like

Ok, I admit I was little bit picking a fight there. I disagree with you, but let’s not hijack this thread for this debate. :wink:

2 Likes

I like constructive fights! I sort of agree with @Astroman, but I’m guessing @Toivo has some points too. E.g. if Toivo was born with nothing at all, him getting an education paid by taxing those with money would still benefit society as a whole. Maybe somebody can move this discussion to another thread.

3 Likes

The argument against that is that if there were no taxes then charity/sponsorship would boom.

But we’re going a little off topic here.

Think I’ll buy some more MAID this week, in case anyone wants to join me.

1 Like

As we see no price movement for now what is if there is a mvp in the next 2 two months as it looks like now and the price movement does not change? Is there a chance to see something like that?

Yeah, anything can happen. If there is an MVP in the next two months and I can test it and know that it works before any price movement I will borrow quite a fair deal of money to buy more.

2 Likes

I think the squeeze on longs is in progress. Once this pain is over and margin trading is closed we won’t see another thing like this again IMO. I expect that to be around the time dev updates start really sounding like some of the features that people have said would make them buy more are coming out soon (eg vaults from home and test-safecoin). I think the smart people are loading up right now in advance while the price is getting hammered down though. When that hype wave comes you can decide how much to sell but you won’t be trend chasing on the buy side.

6 Likes

hehe I caught the very bottom of that last big chunk of red. Now the question is do I be a dick and use it to help suppress the price for more good buys, or in worst case sell at a nice profit. Or do I be a nice guy and just HODL that til the storm is over and maybe sell a lot higher?

Anyways this is why I keep telling you guys put out those lowball buys right now. There is a very good chance someone will decide to close their long and it will hit that in the next little while :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this site has been shared so far. There are useful statistics.

https://messari.io/onchainfx

3 Likes

Cant believe it, such a great project and we are nearly out of the top 100 although with these big news… looking-glass world :thinking:

2 Likes

Poloniex remove MAID from their margin trading platform due to the lack of liquidity, and the losses their margin lenders incurred when CLAM crashed. Their lenders lost the equivalent of 1800 BTC.

actually they ARE giving time to wind down positions. You can still place margin orders but only ones that reduce your position. I think every one of those big flash crashes was someone in a long bailing. At some point we will hit an equilibrium where buyers finally outpace the longs that still need to close. Then as there are less and less of those I would think it will rubber band back up alot to a new equilibrium sans margin trading.

4 Likes

Looks like we hit 1510 sat today. Five years in the making since ICO and we’re down 75% (64% using bonus price) measured in btc. That’s brutal. Absolutely horrific. Imagine that, putting in 100 btc 5 years ago and being left with 25 today.

Luckily I did not participate in the ICO, but I am down at this point, quite a bit. At the risk of throwing good money after bad; I still intend to do my final purchase in the 1000-1500 range, if that materializes. I’m swinging for the fences and If I strike out, so be it. Opportunities such as this does not come often.

8 Likes

ya for sure. I think we are gonna hit like the lowest low ever moving forward in this, if we have not already yet. I see someone put up like 100 BTC to buy at 250 sats lol. I guess if there’s still lots when they force liquidate he might get some incredibly cheap MAID. Well if you want to play the trading game now is the time to be on the floor placing bids!

I think we might be getting there though. quite a strong blowback on last dump. If you want to close your long what I would do is place a normal buy order and close on yourself. Then you are not forced into a corner of selling your holdings for an unusually low price.

It seems like Maid is the only crypto in this situation. Everything else is green

Everything else hasn’t just been taken out of the lending service.

This dip is temporary.

4 Likes

Thanks for that. I wasn’t aware that Maid is the only one

Edit: I’m not complaining. My bags are Fuller than full

2 Likes

If I had the spare cash I’d be absolutely raking it in today…damn kids and their needs! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes