MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Well said, thanks @dirvine. We might not be able to debate about this on every place that thinks what it wants to think, but we can here. And we should sometimes. I tend to read those accusations and move on quickly, thinking ‘yeah whatever’. But it’s good that you guys express your feelings on ‘our’ place. I wished it wasn’t needed; unfortunately it is sometimes.

3 Likes

I was not pointing out to the team at all, but there are people that understand github better then about 95% non technical people. I used the wrong word with inside (i ment people from the community or forum) i agree but it was not ment offending.

Show me the link, this is a Price and trading topic here people should be able to give their opinion about the market, If you do not have energy then Yes happy about that. I do have more then enough energy.

I agree on this staying suspicous and assuming makes sure you dont get robbed in crypto their are a huge amount of scams out there think about ltcgear.

4 Likes

That’s still not insider trading at all, github is all public info. And even with that, nobody can tell the future eg what will be announced / how it will be reacted to.

The term “insider” has no relevance in this convo

3 Likes

[quote=“whiteoutmashups, post:666, topic:9923”][quote=“whiteoutmashups, post:666, topic:9923”]
not insider trading at all, github is all public info. And even with that, nobody can tell the future eg what will be announced / how it will be reacted to.

The term “insider” has no relevance in this conv
[/quote]

er trading at all, github is all public info. And even with that, nobody can tell the future eg what will be announced / how it will be reacted to.

The term “insider” has no relevance in this co
[/quote]

i agree thats why i said i used the wrong word with inside, but i do think you can guess the reaction of the market much better if you understand github.

And indeed github is open for everyone, but doesnt mean we all understand it.

1 Like

I think that if you trade based on the knowledge you obtained from looking at project’s forums and Github code is called just informed trading.

4 Likes

GitHub is no golden goose where you have insider info hours before any price movement. I’ve been posting updates for quite some time here and I never ever experienced any price movement due to an update for Routing, Safe core or other crates. It’s just interesting to see what they are working on. Maidsafe devs are smart enough not to create repositories like “BETA” or “ALPHA 2” for that matter :smiley:. They would just release the binaries on this forum and update GitHub some moments later so everyone has the same info. There’s no crystal priceball on GitHub.

4 Likes

Dont you think you can follow pull request much earlier then other people, see commits made and beeing accepted to get a better indication how far something might be ?

Like for example the launcher get to this version this afternoon.

The point is that other traders don’t know how to read GitHub either so that’s not what price swings are based off, just where we are in general development. Everything is on the surface. I watch github very closely and don’t see any correlation to commits and price movement. Coming up to a Tuesday update the price will pump a bit then go down slightly if hype wasn’t met but that’s about it. Otherwise it’s just traders trading for a million other reasons

3 Likes

maybe its iconomi putting some of their ico to good use ?

Doubt it. I’m still waiting for them to disburse their tokens but because of the current Ethereum fork fiasco it’s been held up.

doesnt mean theyre not investing does it? sucks i know…

It means “this coin is manipulated every minute, every hour, every day” Until there is a real Safenet and real value created by safecoin, this is a game of digits. The big digit owners always beat the little digit owners.

2 Likes

you really believe the manipulation will end then?

Nope, just a more level playing field brought on by real life indicators, more players creates a “buying into misinformed seller moves” replaces weak hands. Too many kids playing crypto.

2 Likes

Good points here. There are some huge traps for small investors with no discipline. I learned it the hard way. Crypto markets act differently from classical security markets, technical analysis fails, fundamental analysis for “emerging markets” is infeasible. Trust is the most important factor imho.

I hugely disagree with this statement. Because the crypto markets are not spoiled yet with all kinds of silly financial products, I have found the standard technical analysis tools quite handy to make trading decisions. My trading in the past (I’ve stopped trading altogether, and turned to holding long. Really long.) failed because of stupid emotional decisions, not because I couldn’t trust technical analysis.

5 Likes

Agree…plays no role. There may be coincidences but true T/A is worthless here. The key reasons lay in how unknown factors are controlled in a regulated environment and not in unregulated markets.

1. When a new coin is issued there may be founders who control a large number of coins who have no lockup agreements/periods and can dump at will.

2. Insider trading is not just about illegal activity. In regulated markets insiders must declare holdings and trades. In crypto developers and investors and promoters can play markets or have proxies (family, friends, etc) play for them and their is no recourse. There are cryptos that are supported on exchanges SOLELY by the founders to make it appear there is some measure of liquidity and illegal in regulated markets. Developers can warn of imminent problems to their proxies and selloff or offer up a positive comment reflecting coming good news. Any trading anomalies are investigated in a regulated market, not so in crypto, to each his own. Companies have no control over when information is shared - even non-public information - so Github repos’, pull requests, etc may tell a story, but the brainstorming sessions are private and may provide different indicators pre Git.

3. Time for an Industry wide Code of Ethics - Companies dealing in crypto where insiders have access to market moving information, will be smart to start posting a code of ethics on their websites declaring they follow certain guidelines and ethical practices. Modeling these after the regulated industry - as a guide - would be a start. This would start to give the little guy some protection against predators.

With all respect for your opinion, but THAT has absolutely nothing to do with technical analysis in general, and specifically technical analysis of crypto currencies. Technical analysis has to do with using three principles:

-historical price movements that are indicative for future price movements
-following trends (“the trend is your friend”)
-did the market discount everything known?

In my humble opinion, most if not all crypto currencies can be analyzed using these principles, making technical analysis a good tool (and nothing more, let’s not make it more than it is) for crypto trading.

And with all respect to your opinion: All 3 of your textbook examples have nothing to do with my point. Technical Analysis runs much deeper than history and trend.

There is no evidence to support this to be true, in any market, regulated or not. Its anyones guess at best. 50/50

I do agree short term/intraday trends can be used but outside of that narrow period they are useless. But no smart investor would use T/A alone in volatile markets.

Really? Exactly my point. The market knows nothing and can rely on nothing. When it has no access to all the info and dont know who the players are in an “anything goes” environ.

Even for short term its dangerous with crypto, releases or traders with a big wallet (1000+ btc) can easy change the market of many coins. PA will be perfect to use when a coin will get a bigger market cap.

2 Likes