MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

We might all get the opertunity to own 10,000s maybe 100,000s soon for a reasonable buyin. :slight_smile:

Do not fear cheap coins.

6 Likes

It is a little disheartening, but the fiasco with the US ruling and the Bittrex yank seems to be to blame. The project itself continues making progress regardless.

I am sure there will be a pull back when the new exchange(s) are announced. We may look back on this as a golden opportunity to accumulate. It really does feel like maidsafecoin deserves a little more love at the moment.

2 Likes

Own 100k maid, that’s me however cutting more than 3/4 of my investments after I heard about Bittrex delisting. Like risk, but not at over 100k usd when a major exchange is delisting…

Yes I have been doing the same over the last months. Sad but as valiantly as they have been toiling away on getting it up and running unfortunately they have lost contact with the greater community. Contrary to what many in this forum profess, I do think there are many good projects and teams and ideas in development out there. Maid does not have a corner on new ideas and good, well funded dev teams. They have lost visibility and are not part of the conversation/community at conferences, meet ups etc. as they were, to some extent, at one time. They are now usurped (not technically maybe) and mostly invisible. Imo their only chance now is a beta, very user friendly product gone viral. There is tremendous excitement and money pouring in to the space and Maid is just not a visible part of that anymore, sadly. My 2year, now 1/2 bag is a long shot hold. I became too emotionally attached to the project and it should not have been my core position for so long. My hopes and heart is still with the project but expectations and time frame more realistic and lowered.

1 Like

You know, there is constant and increasing negative views on the situation and consequently MAID.

I hope everyone can agree with that.

And one of the things I’ve learned about markets is that for a very big change, most people have to be wrong.

Even people who are losing faith, if they have followed maidsafe for a while, do so because they expected it was a BIG deal but have lost patience, not least because they feel they’ve missed out on other pumps by holding maid. So they expected something big, but fewer and fewer still expect that. After all, after so many big rises in other projects, and things closing in on cryptocurrency, you’d have to be a bit mad or deluded to expect maid to moon, wouldn’t you. Where is this trend going?

Fewer and fewer people expecting maid to moon… until the majority see it negatively. Price pushed low.

Like a coiled spring.

And all this happening as Maidsafe are saying things are coming together, and we can see that, and marketing is limbering up.

Just saying.

13 Likes

Many here, myself included, no longer try to make estimates at least in public, and we know Maidsafe don’t want to either, but I’m surprised nobody seems to have picked up on this.

We can’t read much into this as we know it is hard to predict, although it has to be encouraging.

So it’s as interesting to me that nobody seems to pick up on it. Perhaps that’s because this building gloom is clouding the general vision.

While I’m not saying anything specific, I really don’t get all the gloom given what is actually happening, and the signs and signals from inside Maidsafe, development, marketing, and of course the community.

The market is bearish but I’m quietly bullish. Beware the bear trap!

21 Likes

Tbh, I preferred it before the rush of dumb money flooded into the segment. Maidsafecoin has performed well over the last few years, generally not aligning with Bitcoin fluctuations and steadily growing in value. It is worth 20x or so what it did when it was in the top 10.

I suspect that if the latest crypto bubble had not occurred, people would be happier. There would not be the market cap envy that seems to be prevalent at the moment.

Ofc, it would be great if the project was done, was delivering on its goals and was making us all rich in the process, but we aren’t there yet. The project is heading in the right direction and staying true to its goals, but it is taking longer than expected… but steady progress is being made.

If this bubble is like the last few, it will be years before the next boom. The smart money seeking short term gains has likely already gone. Of course, it could be different this time, but many projects may needs to dig deep for the long haul now.

11 Likes

I hope it is a sign we are not looking at years of development.

Bearish is not an issue for me, I had over 100k usd invested at one point. Lower prices are great, however getting delisted is a very dangerous thing. We only have Poloniex after Bittrex goes away. It will be the last “large volume” exchange we gave after that . The way Polo has been heading lately, it is definitely not a good leg to stand on. It has had its share of issues and it going away in the coming months /years is not that far fetched.

I don’t mind risk, but at the amounts I was holding I had to limit it. I am sure a lot of large holders are going to do the same and that is not a good sign.

I hope you are right Happy but as we old timers know, “close to launch” has been a several year, ongoing status for Maid…

1 Like

I remember a while ago when MAID was also close to launch and then all of a sudden everything was moved over to Rust… That was a very frustrating time for us investors. It may have been needed and the best decision, but that showed a huge lack of foresight. A lot of people started losing faith even back then.

2 Likes

I read that too, but tbh I didn’t want to read much into it. However, opening a office in India, employing 2 people in marketing, the first devcon, new devs in Ayr, increased community dev involvement, improved weekly reports, published milestones for alpha 3, etc… all bode well.

It is a shame bittrex pulled the rug, especially as the team were quietly and professionally engaging with others. It has created some short term gloom. Adding a couple of new exchanges will turn that around though and there is much to be optimistic about.

3 Likes

True and I think many of us shared the fruatration. However, it didn’t stop maidsafecoin outperforming Bitcoin for long after the fact until about June 2017 (when the latest bubble started forming). There were lots of opportunities to bail on a high for those who still thought Rust was a bad idea.

I think the move to Rust was for the best. What makes me wonder is the disconnect between thinking you are launching in a few months to switching entirely to a new programming language.

You would think the main team would of known there was some serious issues so close to release for such a drastic move.

1 Like

Perhaps, but there was plenty of time to cash maidsafecoin in, for a substantial profit, had they lost trust in the team.

I’m sure there was, just trying to grasp why there was not more transparency back then. Went from: “we are launching soon” to “code rewrite, better buckle in” …

1 Like

Why raise this now? Seems a little like throwing FUD on the fire of recent news. As I said above, there was plenty of time to bail on the project, with a fat profit. If you didn’t trust the motivations then, why are you still here now?

1 Like

Maidsafecoin below top100… We did it, all! :beers:

1 Like

Unless the Maidsafe networking release, otherwise it will drop and drop , Cause this projects is tooooo much delay and no results until today’s.

1 Like

First post October 2017, moaned about release since. Forgive me for discounting your opinion.

7 Likes

To expand further: now that the top101 has been reached, people can stop expecting it and we can move on. It’s comical at this point. Things are getting done. In that way, it’s an accomplishment.

4 Likes