MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Exactly. All investments are driven heavily by sentiment, and maybe none more so than crypto, because crypto projects tend to have much less real-world use-value atm than equities in other markets. So … if some ppl in the Trollbox tend to be immature or lacking in research/social skills, as an investor I’m not sure why that matters. All info is welcome to serious investors, esp info about sentiment, even if it’s often “wrong” …

Draw has provided a helpful link if you want to zero in on current sentiment trends for a particular crypto: http://www.polonibox.com.

Also, fwiw, I used to condescend “the Box” myself, and then admit I got dragged in. A lot of the opinions are bs of course, but there are actually some really smart people who wander in for whatever reasons. If you can hold your breath through the hype/fud, there are some intelligent, well-intentioned folks there. I spoke for a while last night to a woman who had created an investment fund for her mother, as a thank you, comprised of cryptos (a combination of FCT and MAID, as it turns out).

The one guy I’ve spoken with outside the Trollbox—with the aim of starting a crypto group, long story—happens to have been a disillusioned former Green Beret (yes, I verified …).

As a wiser man than me once said: Don’t let judgment stand in the way of understanding.

4 Likes

That may have been somewhat of a thoughtless way of conveying my impression.

I think it should have read… there is such an overwhelming amount of fud on there that you need to be a genuis to know what to pay attention to… hence I just avoid it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: apologies if it came across as condescending.

9 Likes

posted before by @David_MacGregor:

MAID analysis

http://thedashtimes.com/2016/08/18/crypto-corner-show-bitcoin-dash-safecoin-technical-analysis/

6 Likes

Quite frankly Dallyshalla you stole from your investors. You made a commitment to build on the SAFE ecosystem and I invested based on that promise. Then you changed your commitment. I lost money. I lost money because someone backpedaled on a business arrangement.

You know if I backpedaled on a business arrangement that ended up in loss of property I would be labeled a crook, and would probably end up in jail.

7 Likes

Not when everything he does or says has some kind of legal disclaimer. Apparently that makes it okay

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: New funding for Maidsafe using ‘bank to the future’

This was captured a few days back, I’ve never seen shenanigans on the sell side like this…15 Million MAID on the sell side (currently 9Mil), goes to show there’s some fair sized chunks that can be moved around to advantage.

4 Likes

G’damn, I hadn’t seen that. It’s like a shot across the bow signifying … ?

I wonder if sometimes an even bigger whale comes by and swallows the order.

What does this mean?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: New funding for Maidsafe using ‘bank to the future’

Is it possible to compare the original disclaimer to the current one. Just sayin

It means nothing more than 15M Maid in the orderbook. This is not a lot of money and orderbooks change by the second. Put a sell order in for 1M Maid at .00018 and pull or trim it when the bid nears.

What it means and what we’ve been seeing for quite some time is manipulation on the orderbooks.

Maid has been in a powerful uptrend for the last two weeks. We are watching a series of whales try to set up massive sell orders when the btc/maid peg gets moved because bitcoin caught an uptrend.

I personally uncovered an orchestrating attempt before against maid and I believe we could still be experiencing a similar affair. :confused:

It’s probably a coin supporter that doesn’t want to see money move away from his articular brand of coin.

Say whaaat?

3 Likes

P&D…watch out…people gonna lose some money today

Interesting sell side today at.00025000.:grimacing:

5 seconds after capturing the above, it dropped by 7 Million again

Mind games.

It is probably the same person for both walls, to try to get a good price on the buy side.

2 Likes

Coders Code, Traders Trade. Money, and how people use it, is a skill. And a business.

4 Likes

…and not unusual activity it would seem:

Entire exchange continually audited and inspected for unusual activity