MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

people here might be fanatics but i don’t think they are crazy/stupid :wink:

5 Likes

This is kind of a silly question, but I bet a lot would be willing to take a sizable hit to their hodlings to see it go live. We want both positive AND negative freedom with this project, limitlessness and empowerment.

2 Likes

It’s not crazy or stupid to have an ideology.
That’s how bitcoin started in the first place.

9 Likes

of course not - but first investing in something and then just giving it away wouldn’t make much sense - would it? Oo …

it makes sense to invest the maid into development of apps or to spend them to have circulation … but believing in a project and just giving them away because of being impatient doesn’t seem rational to me :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Funny… as this is what people thought of bitcoiners in the early days - a sect. I saw an old tech video where the presenter was ripping bitcoin apart in between his other material. Your guy forgetting where he came from is a massive mistake.

SAFENet has actually got usable products lined up.

First they laugh at you…

2 Likes

83 posts were merged into an existing topic: ERC-20 Transition

That is a pretty meaningless statement. Did you ask him what he means by that, given that this bears no resemblance to a sect it’s very hard to make out what he means other than he doesn’t like this project the way it is. So I ask myself, why would he say that.

Maybe he has tried to get in with Maidsafe in the way he’s used to being able to do with other teams. I suspect, for example, that traditional VCs have tried and been turned away because Maidsafe are not willing to accept their terms - because their terms would put the objectives of the project at risk.

David is a different animal, and set up the Foundation and company with a view to being able to resist those kinds of forces, which we know can lead anyone away from their path. Look at “do no evil” Google for example. I don’t doubt there was some truth in that slogan, but once you take VC investment you begin to lose control, and you either walk away or go along with something that wasn’t your real intention.

Many here are obviously focused on the price, and if we could pocket sufficient gains, I’m sure any of us would find it hard not to sell out.

I suspect that your VC has very different aims than this project, so I’m not concerned by him trying to undermine it, or trying to find a way in.

I think that to succeed Maidsafe have to take a different path. So complaints that it isn’t like the rest are in fact reassuring, especially given what I already know about this project, David and the team. Your VC may have some knowledge of this project, but I’ve followed it pretty much every day since early 2014 and been involved in many different aspects of it during that time. In turn he knows better than me how it walks its own path, and no doubt has useful ideas in relation to other projects. So let’s see if he has anything real to contribute.

I’d welcome him joining us here to explain his point of view, or to learn what the project is really about. You never know, he might like to join this sect :slight_smile:

I doubt that’s going to be of interest to him, in which case I don’t think we can learn much from him.

14 Likes

We all want the innovation to succeed, not the shitcoins. But for one, MaidSafe is still far from being a successful project even outside the monetary aspect, and two, if I had to put my money in crypto, I would rather buy a shitcoin that I knew would go through the roof than MaidSafe, that’s very close to dropping out of the lists. Who wouldn’t?

In first years of bitcoin there are also many sectants, but now they are genious and millionaries…

Funny he had a structured thinking about the sect argument:

Cult of personality to our dear leader David
Religious Faith in unproven tech
Congregation separated from the rest of the world on a forum with own rules and censorship.
Suicidal tendencies ( as we are disregarding the price dynamics)

I mined Bitcoin when they weren’t even 1c. I was gifted XRP for posting on a forum when they were worth even less. Very few took them projects seriously and now everyone seems to be piling on those bandwagons as part of a perceived balanced portfolio!

I have always chosen to go with my brain and my gut, often choosing to swim against the current instead of with it. Why? Because when everyone else realises where the tide is headed, I’m already a good few lengths ahead. You win by not being the strongest swimmer, chasing the current, but by predicting where and when the current will change and aiming for that.

Of course, we all want maidsafecoin to stay relevant, but there is nothing out there that comes close to the ambition and skill of this team. I remain utterly convinced that the technology will not only be delivered in due course, but it will also be astonishingly useful.

The community support since Christmas has been a pleasure to witness. It may look sect like to those who do not understand it, but they must surely wonder why we are so supportive and contrarian. With a falling crypto market, it will be a lot tougher to make a quick buck on an ICO. Tougher questions will be asked and many found wanting.

As someone else elegantly put it - maidsafecoin is the true HODL!

Disclaimer: ofc, I took part in the maidsafecoin ICO too! :wink:

15 Likes

I am part of the sect and happy with it.
My whole point was about general perception of our project.

4 Likes

simply not true - there are many capable personalities here -but yes david has many good ideas :slight_smile: (as has linus … is the linux ecosystem a sect too? just an honest question)

not true either … it’s based on dht-technology … as torrents work … just combined in a new way and with some addons that make it more powerful

yeah - can’t say anything about that :smiley: but seems a little bit over the top to me ;D

ps: but cool that there ARE arguments behind it and its not just a random opinion :wink:

3 Likes

My point was that, at this juncture, there are no crypto projects that are successful. Not any. Not even one. I think people forget that because so many have risen in value, but that value raise is not related in any way with whether the project achieved it’s final design goal and is generating non-speculative value to somebody.

I also take issue with your evaluation that SAFE is far from being a successful project. I’d put it’s probable release of a scalable solution ahead of any other project.

6 Likes

What do you think of those points?

I’d say this reflects his lack of real understanding. Those points are superficially believable if you want to take a negative view, but I don’t think any of them stand up to scrutiny.

7 Likes

It’s not about whether he is right or wrong. I do believe he is wrong. It’s me trying to explain how we ended up delisted and threatened to drop off the top 100.

I think it’s a big deal because it provides less ressources for maidsafe, and less appeal for potential developers

6 Likes

The fallout from this FISA memo will have people screaming to fix the internet. People looking for solutions will start to stumble onto SAFE. Just making easy money in crypto will become a thing of the past when the majority of the population that didn’t really understand what was going on come to a certain realization about reality. Blockchains built on top of a corrupt and insecure clearnet won’t be so interesting to many.

1 Like

I don’t understand, why?

1. MaidSafe seem confident they have the resources they need
  2. MAID is still much higher in value than it was a few months ago, regardless of it’s position relative to other coins - and we know it is much more stable.
3 Likes

xD sorry :smiley: obviously a fanatic here Oo … obviously got a little bit cought in those statements that seem just ridiculous to me :roll_eyes::hugs:

hmhmmm - you’re probably on something with the perception part :open_mouth: … or something should happen that makes the world understand what this project means for mankind … besides safecoin bitcoin will look like the well-behaved and a little bit slow brother Oo … (just ignoring the other things that come with safe…)
[not sounding crazy at all now xD ]

2 Likes

So far so good.

1. But what if developments take more time than expected and we do need resources later on.
    Will we be able to run another bank to the future round.

2. What if we drop much lower than where we stand now ?

Just because we are fine now does not mean we should try to prevent further collapse and plan for the unexpected