MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Which price do you expect on Safecoin’s launch?

Hard to say, but probably around 30 euros. Maybe a bit more. Of course it would be a dream if he stood at 100 euros on the day of launch.

2 Likes

I am gonna have to respectfully disagree here. I don’t classify rising speculation/price as adaption. The day I can go to a chain grocery store and pay with crypto currency without using some new trendy 3rd party company handling the crypto<-> fiat conversion then I will say we are mainstream :smile: . I always liked this pic below to sum it up best when we will know if its mainstream yet or not haha. I am also skeptical about crypto being the safe-haven, I personally think if stock market crashes people will take their gains in crypto out as well thus hurting the market out of pure fear. I do believe crypto would fair better though in a recession and bounce back nicely.

7 Likes

Here’s a question: Are there any factors, primarily stemming from Safecoin’s future use in the Safe Network economy, that could potentially hinder it from reaching values in the hundreds or thousands of dollars? For example, the possibility that it may not be divisible?

As i understand from alot of topic discussions, it will be divisble. I think that the value of all data and transactions that will be stored and take place on the network will give it great value. I think of similarities to google. that their data is very valuable and so will all the secure data stored on the safe network also be valuable. Data is recognised as an asset class by world economic forum.

Here’s one potential way of thinking about it with quick, back-of-the-envelope math. Let’s say the year is 2025 and 163 zettabytes of data are created that year. Assume that 1 billion Safecoin are in existence and that the SAFEnetwork has captured 5% of data storage market share. In such a scenario, one Safecoin could hypothetically buy 8.15 TB. Today you can get a TB of storage for ~$50. Even though I expect that by 2025 you’ll be able to get a TB of storage for far less, I’m going to hold the price constant for the security and reliability the SAFEnetwork provides. As noted,

According to the assumptions above, the value of one Safecoin would be something like ~$400.

Now, if there are only 800M Safecoin in existence, then the price per coin would be ~$500. Similarly, if the SAFEnetwork has captured 10% of newly created storage, then the price would be ~$800 with 1B Safecoin in existence, or ~$1000 with 800M Safecoin in existence.

Perhaps the price of Safecoin at launch will reflect the potential value as it grows towards steady state with respectable market share capture. Also, I think the amount of data each Safecoin would/could need to store underscores just how important divisibility is unless Safecoins are burned and farmed at a blistering rate.

In general, I think these price estimates are supremely conservative because they don’t take into account all the other uses for Safecoin beyond data storage. Moreover, I should hope that circulation of 1B Safecoin would reflect a world in which the SAFEnetwork has captured at least 25% of the data storage market. Then we’d be talking a price ~$2000 per coin. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I understand what you are saying here and agree.

But I wonder if we could be closer than it seems. At least in Australia the major shopping stores either have their own card (store card) or they use a 3rd party payment processor. The 3rd party payment processor then connects to a number of other payment processors (Mastercard, visa, mastercard, banks etc etc).

Many of our 3rd party card processors are run by the banks and some are financial institutions owned by the stores themselves.

The point being that when I rock up with my magic plastic card and swipe/stick it in the EFT terminal at the shop it then connects to the 3rd party processor to do the payment. Why not there be included a BTC ↔ fiat payment processor that the 3rd pary processor can access. So you have a magic card that has your BTC details instead of that 15/16 digit number.

The day may come where its not just BTC but any of the major cryptos.

4 Likes

There would be some limiting factor. For example a safecoin is used to buy resources. If the spare space resource pool is always large then one coin will buy massive amounts of space and thus tend to pull the price downwards. But the ability for safecoin to be used for exchange will pull the price upwards. Where the balance point is, is what the market will determine. 1000$ or 100000000000$ depends on this tug of war so to speak.

If the spare space incentives work anywhere near as intended then there will not be massive amounts of spare space and a coin will only buy a reasonable amount “PUTs” and the coin would then have very little in the way of a limiting factor.

And yes divisibility is doable, the only question is which way.

6 Likes

I think that is a step in the right direction, but ultimately you still have central entities holding the crypto. I wan’t to see crypto currencies in the hands of store owners, family, friends and anyone else that wants to transact with digital exchange of wealth for goods/services. To achieve that, the average user needs protection from confiscation of coins if they have basic device protections enabled(can SAFE actually make our computer crypto wallets safe :slight_smile: ) . As well as a very simple interface that takes away the technical aspect and leaves them with an extremely easy/clean UI.

5 Likes

Only the crypto they received from payments made. I would say they will sell them asap so as not to get caught if BTC goes down. Just like if you pay in a foreign currency the payment processor immediately converts it into local currency through their networks.

Your BTC is at your address and the card only needs to sign the transaction. That way you control your BTC at all times. The payment processor only receives the BTC you spent. Oh and sets the required amount of BTC to be sent to cover the payment to the store.

But yes having a crypto terminal without the 3rd party processor would be a great move.

3 Likes

All this talk on other threads about wanting to introduce a parallel ERC-20 MAID token has made be realised how undervalued MAID is.

2 Likes

Interesting figures and it shows a core value proposition. However, I would say that the utility of SAFECoin itself will act as a multiplier. Many other coins just do transactions and little else, but safecoin will potentially do that better and grease the SAFENetwork.

There is huge potential here. I am sure once data chains is proved out by alphas, more will realise this potential.

12 Likes

Hitbtc is way out of sync with the poloniex and bittrex - about 15c (15%) down.

2 Likes

with 200 maid transaction fee … not really surprising

2 Likes

Looking forward for today’s dev update… I wonder if there will be a marketing update and impact the price of maid :thinking:

1 Like

Yes there is new excellent info on an actual detailed marketing strategy! 2018 is going to be a good year for MAID.

3 Likes

Looks like were heading for a $0.40 buying opertunity. :slight_smile:

What a rollercoaster. HODL on tight guys.

Could have tried to trade and sold high, but I’m not going to gamble with the coins I have. I am lining up some cash to scoop up cheap coins though.

Hopefully one last chance to buy cheap coins for myself and the friends I’m introducing to safecoin.

3 Likes

Betting on a $6k bitcoin are we @Zoki?

Your a brave man :wink:

He who is liquid at the bottom is always king!

2 Likes

Are you basing that on BTC dropping way below 10K USD in the near future?

My opinion is that BTC saw a bottoming at around 10-11K a few days ago and likely to start its rise again within the month. Its going through a major reshuffle with people selling and newbies/institutions buying. The bubble burst and good chance that the inflow will cause it to start a steady rise within weeks.

MAID seems to be holding up really well too at around 90 cents. I am not confident at all the MAID will drop to 40 cents anytime soon. Not saying it will not, just not in the near future is my opinion.

4 Likes

I concur.

If it’s going to 40 it’ll go to 20. But I can’t see that happening. I’d be buying a lot more too if it did! But I think that’s too good to be true.

My god, one day soon investors are going to wake up to this coin. What a gem.

At my position both directions work splendidly. But that’s only beacuse I apply this investment wisdom: Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years: Buffett.

7 Likes