MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

But does that really matter? You still have to sell your maid into btc.

I disagree. I see the opposite. I think they are just truly really under pressure by so much work. But if you read their updates you’ll see how much work they are progressing with.

1 Like

You can use cryptopia.co.nz There you can withdraw up to 5K NZD without ID.

1 Like

From memory they don’t even look at recovery until its like $5K worth

Good luck with that @Audity

I can understand your annoyance but id say kyc is just inevitable now.
Polo looks fine to me.

I hope you get those coins back.

3 Likes

Poll Results!

In case you guys didn’t bother to scroll up today here is the summary of the earlier poll with a little bit of spin and a suggestion for a strategy (sorry if you vote after this post, I doubt anyone will).

This is probably the only poll I have enjoyed watching the results of for a very long time (indirect moan at current affairs). I was only actually expecting about 8 people to participate and for everyone to move on pretty quickly.

Spin:

There is a number of ways of looking and spinning this including what about all the people who don’t care about price & trading (personally I don’t when it comes to maid and in my defence, I did try to post this poll elsewhere). I would argue the figures of this sample show that the community is inclined to stay afloat of the current market cap position (just under top 50) with 84% of the poll participants supporting this and with the first-past-the-post (:face_vomiting:) crowd pushing for the upper half.

I’d like to remind people that this poll is not about the price of the Maidsafe token and about our position on the coinmarketcap site. Personally I would very much welcome a grand fall in the crypto market with maid going way below $0.50 and even $0.30, as long as we stay afloat the top 50 (I voted for top 25 but happy to side with the wider community and not upset those with opposing views & abstainers with over-the-top marketing strategies). Likewise I won’t complain if the market remains stagnant or grows with us remaining in the top 50. Personally I would, however, be very concerned and annoyed if we slipped below top 100 even if the USD value of Maid was up 500% from the current price.

Strategy Suggestions: Moving Forward/Staying Afloat (what some will probably consider over-the-top marketing strategies)
(I don’t mind if because of this section the whole post gets moved to the Preparing a coordinated marketing campaign section).

First of all, I don’t believe Maidsafe should spend any resources or developer time on top of what is planned for marketing - this should be an almost entirely community organised campaign. Here are just a few ideas of what we the community can do with minimal to none of the devs’ involvemnt:

• We the community should probably establish ethical guidelines of good behaviour (no spam or keyboard warrior stuff etc) when it comes spreading awareness of Maid’s existence and what the project is outside the realms of our community. We can therefore create an army of fluffy bunnies who don’t upset or spam anyone and simply engage in friendly discourse within the wider crypto ecosphere giving people hard facts which will in turn make people sell off their shitcoins and disable such coins (as well as scamcoins) being higher up in the coinmarketcap site than us (there are currently a few dozen of these above us making us look awful).

*I think it’s worth trying to revive smtf.slack.com (see OP in the marketing thread, link above) for more focus on how we can remain in top 50 market caps (and in order to hopefully prevent good ideas being lost in the depths of long threads).

• Poster design competitions with winner(s) taking maid raised by the community (funds of those who would be willing to contribute voluntarily; I know I would); in this case we would need a confirmed maid employee to look after the funds in order to avoid fraud. Later the same can be done with raising funds to get established crypto Youtubers to start mentioning us (with a “this video is sponsored by Maidsafe community” declaration).

Honestly, these are just ideas and I can see them being poorly received (especially the latter). What will work 100% though is a strong community that works together and works out best solutions after an initial idea is presented.

(Edits: forgot some closed brackets)

7 Likes

Looks like India is going to make cryptocurrency trading illegal. Really stupid move IMO, any idea what to do and how to convert to fiat if that happens?

Why would you convert to fiat?

Personally I’d say everyone has a moral duty to disobey immoral laws. I’d learn how to obscure yourself rather than run away. The great thing about crypto is that it is censor resistant and you don’t need anyone’s permission to hold it. I’d say you’ll seriously regret selling out of crypto myself. If they make trading illegal and difficult then just HODL until they realise they have to jump on the bandwagon too. No country will want to be left behind in a few years, so I suspect they will all turn their policies around soon enough.

Cashing out through localbitcoins is pretty easy though, if the time comes that you decide you need to.

5 Likes

It usually takes them months to reply to support tickets, not days or weeks.

I totally agree with Jabba. In a view years they will realize there is no way without crypto currencies, because a not tiny part of the industry and economy will work with crypto. I would hold my crypto too.

4 Likes

I am not planning to sell all of my crypto rather a part of it to get my capital back plus some profit. I know long term the move is going to be only upwards and I am totally long term hodler. But still, what is the meaning of making profits if you cant enjoy it.

6 Likes

Have you looked in to Monaco or TenX cards?

Is it the trading that they are to make illegal.

Or is holding crypto going to be illegal.

1 Like

I sent 2 MAID transactions from Moni to Polo. 1 took 8 days to confirm and now is complete, but Polo hasn’t processed or credited my MAID balance.

2nd is still in mempool …

I do not have much confidence in the Polo support I must say.

Has anyone actually got a reply from Polo support recently ?

2 Likes

They made a committee to make a decision regarding blockchain and how to handle it. In the meantime the finance minister is keep comparing bitcoin to “ponzi schemes”. Both trading and holding might be illegal as I understood.

2 Likes

Looks like nothing’s going to happen immediately Govt rules out any immediate action against cryptocurrencies | Mint

Finance minister Arun Jaitley on Tuesday ruled out any immediate action against cryptocurrencies.

2 Likes

Why was MAID never pumped ?

I just think I can explain most of crypto price dynamics, but that one is a mystery to me. I do not understand to be honest.

I’ve wondered that before too. It seems to be one of the few to have been shunned by the pumpers. Maybe it will prove to be a blessing in disguise in the long run… or maybe it just hasn’t been our turn yet! :wink:

There is zero chance this is happening.

I’ve already bought my fair share of MAID. Acquiring more than that, would mean putting all eggs in one basket, when I would be wise to diversify. I would be very surprised if I am the only one who had those thoughts, so I wonder if one of the reasons why MAID has stagnated relative to other crypto, isn’t for the fact that a core segment of the project supporters have done their buying and are now looking to diversify.
MAID needs fresh buyers, I think. That’s most certainly not all there is about it, but it must be at least, a part of the answer.

4 Likes