MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

The one thing I agree with, is that Maidsafe is at a critical point. The next 6 months are crucial. Note to all Developers - Keep your heads down and bums up and remember we are right behind you.

Christmas break? What Christmas break?

Yes it also concerns me seeing that the team is still figuring out the nut bolts of routing and data chain (and not ready for implementation yet) after 10+ years of research :disappointed:

You’re right. I don’t have a crystal ball. I don’t know how long it will take. It could take a lot less time too. I’ll stop making predictions. :wink:

1 Like

I’d say this is a case of knowing the path and walking the path being different. Datachains wasn’t conceived at ICO time, but was realised as necessary later on. Maybe this is a worry or maybe it is just the nature of exploratory development in a new direction?

I would like to see more engagement outside of this community, but there is still nothing out there or a similar scope. I don’t see any direct competitors, but I do see projects which offer a subset of features.

I do think that the alpha 2 buzz has passed though and the test nets need to start nailing goals. I would also like to see a check list being worked through to demonstrate a sharp focus in the blockers. Without a roadmap it is even more critical to illustrate priorities and progress.

8 Likes

One issue with this statement. Datachains is very young in the scheme of things and long ago it was not even being developed, let alone finished. Routing will be worked on even after launch. Look at the internet backbone, its routing mechanisms are still being worked on to get maximum efficiency. Routing has been working and is used in alpha 2, just not the final routing we will see at launch. You picked 2 areas that warrant the least criticism and least ability to point out any delays.

As long as they didn’t convert the BTC from the BTTF fund raising all at once back then. :wink: I am pretty confident that they didn’t

Which has a lot of us wondering and speculating as to why. From them sitting for years to all in, my guess is still that he is selling them off.

This. From my experience with R&D is that it is just that - Research and Development. Not all components are necessarily known early on. Datachains was one of them. Datachains was really started in earnest this year and not bad research time to be developing it now.

Yep

8 Likes

To that there is this

It will be hard for any member of this community to say that they have not at some point or another been frustrated but then Im sure the devs are as eager as we are. We are all here for the same reason at the end of the day, mind blowing potential!!

10 Likes

If you bought into Maid 6 months ago, you are up 50%. Try getting that in the fiat world. Boy some people want it all and want it all now

5 Likes

Yeah I think savings accounts are giving 0.0007% interest. So slightly less :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually it’s gotta be negative if you count fiat inflation.

So basically, yeah, crypto & maid all the way forever :slight_smile:

It kinda seems unfair that anyone would ever trade BTC etc for fiat. So any price, no matter how high, is a bargain for crypto :open_mouth: fiat :-1: lol

4 Likes

SafeNetwork will give an eternal memory to mankind … Even that alone is worth another 10 years of waiting… Even without profit, just to be alive when it happened!

9 Likes

Right on brother. Keep the faith

1 Like

Nowhere have I suggested I do not think MaidSafe will deliver.
I do not know if they will, neither do you, or anyone else.
I have invested, I do not regret it, I hope for success and I support the project.
Don’t interpret my posts as hostility please. As I have stressed in the past, all I advocate for is realism, so please don’t point your guns at me when I tell you to hold your horses.
Religious belief and “MAID is going to $500” is not something the community benefits from.

1 Like

I do :wink: … it’s in our nature to deliver and we will, we pretty much have, just need to polish off a few points of implementation and perhaps make some API changes to interoperate with others a bit better. We will deliver though, every week :smiley:

33 Likes

I certainly hope so, but please take no offence if I remain a wee bit sceptical.
Words don’t matter now, words are cheap.
Just make it work for real. That’s all that matters. There’s a whole community invested in you and by “invested” I don’t even mean monetary wise any longer (although I wouldn’t want to underestimate that aspect either) but there are great hopes, expectations, trust and belief involved.

I don’t take offence and agree words are cheap, but the weekly improvements are not cheap, all the wages are not cheap and the 12-15 years of my own life are not cheap either.

Which without them we would do nothing and the impossible network would remain … impossible. It is pure grit determination and positive outlook that keeps us at this. Not wishing to let down anyone is a big driver, the investors/supporters for sure are an impact there on us wishing to do what we say, but the needs of all the world’s people is a much larger driving force here.

For me personally this is a done deal, there is way more to be done, but SAFE is in the bag in my eyes, it’s just time, but there is much much more to be done. Things like

• Endpoint security
  • Global satellite network
  • Mass free education
  • Worldwide Innovation and invention centres
  • General AI and its impact on securing and making the network and users more efficient, but secure.
  • AI connectivity and sharing of neural networks and new data.
  • Clean up the farce of health records
  • Get rid of the lunacy of restricted data and information that can benefit people

This list goes on a long way and this is merely the beginning, with the resources we may have after launch here, then these steps all need attended to and quickly. Launch of SAFE is only the very start of the journey.

47 Likes

Thank you!

Woody Allen once said: the ones who are successful are the ones who show up every day, not the geniuses”

Yet we also have the geniuses working on this.

Now if I wanted to bake a pie for success, I think we have the recipe. Don’t you?

7 Likes

I totally agree, and even though it’s a price-related thread, I have no shame claiming price is not relevant to me at this point if I see progress on a weekly basis. The last dev updates have let me down a bit, especially on the routing part, but so far I keep faith in David.

I think also one point that is never mentioned within the community is business continuity. What would happen, god forbids, if something happened to David ?

1 Like

Another quote from Woody Allen i heard somewhere this week, which reminded me of MaidSafe:

If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.

5 Likes

Agree wholeheartedly on the first part, but the thing is I have been seeing progress on a weekly basis and have been super pleased with the Dev updates post Alpha 2 :slightly_smiling_face:

So is it just one or maybe both of us that are completely bonkers here then? Nah, just joking around, tbh we all have very different views and perceptions of things and how ‘we’ think they should be done as well as communicated.

‘We’ all sometimes forget that ‘we’ don’t really count too much when it comes to SAFE and the end destination. Hard to swallow yes, but each of our own fears and anxieties whether it’s related to time, development, price or whatever, just doesn’t really matter or come into it on this one.

Someone else mentioned in another post they just wanted realism, well realism can only ever be self administered…just a thought I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Viv, Nick and the team would see that what has been started was finished. I think we’re close enough now that this could be finished without David, although it might take a bit longer :wink: .

6 Likes

This is good to hear. Recent updates suggested there were still significant challenges with the datachains design. As we have limited visibility of tasks remaining and their dependencies, it is easy to assume the worst.

As you say, it is the impossible network, so forgive us for being a little paranoid! :slight_smile:

6 Likes