MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

so a whole 'nother 12 hours from now?

Lets keep the discussions centred on MAIDsafecoin please, or they will be moved. BCC fork is only of interest in this topic when it affects MAIDsafecoin.

How quickly do you think that MAID will rise in price after the fork.

I think if they drain it immediately maidsafe could gain from it starting tomorrow. Another option I see is they give Bcc a push to start rallying and drain it then and maidsafe is positively affected afterwards.
Another option is I’m totally wrong :grinning:

6 Likes

A split to the main decentral reserve currency, i.e. Bitcoin, is a major event in the cryptosphere and is likely to cause big movement to the MAID price. You can only buy MAID through Bitcoin, so it SHOULD be dicussed here for the next few days.

Anyway we are under 5 hours from 12:20 UTC.

7 Likes

Only while you relate it to MAID. There is another topic already discussing this split and you should use that one if the post is not MAID specific.

https://forum.autonomi.community/t/discussions-of-bitcoin-its-future-and-other-things/12609

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

three cheers for rigidity!

In other news, maid may go up. Or down. Or neither.

5 Likes

I think bittrex is having a few issues

Edit: not related. Mainly login issues

1 Like

there is no volume on bittrex

even on polo the market depth is shallow as hell

yesterday there was a bloc of 155BTC equivalent of MAID on the offer with an average price around 11.8 k sat

today if you want to buy as much, you have to bid up to 16.8 !!!

3 Likes

When I can get past an unavailability page… the last price. BTC 2240ish… Nope… Now 2407… It’s all over the place.

The reason MAID is much higher on Bittrex is because deposits and withdrawals are disabled for the last 24 hours and will be till they know which chain “wins”. While BTC is almost certain to win, its not absolute. and while BCC can last as an alt. But if too many miners go over to BCC then BTC may fail

So MAID on Bittrex is limited to what was on Bittrex and this has allowed the price to vary a lot more compared to poloniex than would usually be the case.

1 Like

Looks like polo disabled btc withdraws and deposits until they find a fix. I was hoping to get some btc cheap in fiat and really get a nice price on MAID

1 Like

WAT?!!!

derivative blockchain tokens

Polo seriously going to offer dual derivative tokens?
Derivative Maids will be useless though?

Only if there is support for them on both blockchains.

As you say that is highly unlikely and Maidsafe would only recognise one and the other is useless.

Is a switch to BCC not useful in the (very unlikely) case that Bitcoin stops completely or is very very slow?
Not on both Blockchains at the same time of course.

But I don’t see that happening.

1 Like

Could you explain this in “basic terms” :slight_smile: Thanks!!

Yes. Not only are bitcoins duplicated so are any token coins that live on the bitcoin block chain.

So… if you had 1 bitcoin and 1 maidsafe coin before the split, after the split, in addition to the original amounts above you would have 1 bitcoincash and 1 maidsafe encoded on the bitcoin cash chain.

Since Omni protocol can be applied to both chains, and. If there is a market poloniex may allow trading of these new alt coins

But! Because if the 1:1 exchange rate between safecoin and maidsafetoken only one of the block chains can ever be used.

I’m assuming for the moment Omni will stay with the original block chain, but they could launch “OmniCash” as the bitcoincash version couldn’t they?

5 Likes

I am skeptical that Omni would support both. It seems everyone prefers to stick with what one is most profitable to mine. I love the idea of having double the amount of maid though! :star_struck:

3 Likes

“I love the idea of having double the amount of maid though! :star_struck:
What’s there to be loved? You haven’t magically made the token more valuable after all. If you double the supply you have to half the price. Amounts to the same thing.

1 Like

376 btc sell wall at .0002 on polo… wow!

1 Like