MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

No posts here for 7 days! I’d imagine there’s a direct correlation between maid’s price and post activity :grinning:

Will we see 10k or lower? I assume today’s dump is btc related. Looks like btc heading towards ATH while BCC dies a quick death.

Obv maid not doing too bad in fiat terms though. But 11k seems absurd from inside our bubble. Wish I had more btc or the foolishness to sell other alts to buy more. But I cant really convince myself that Maid can moon sooner than any of the others. Alpha2 could have little effect on price, or it could be weeks away. Decisions, decisions.

5 Likes

Maidsafecoin has found support at 10k sats twice already in the last year. I am surprised to see it flirting with 10k again tbh, but support is probably there.

Hmm… starting to wonder if it was just a bear trap in bitcoin. Close to New ATH and still plenty if enthusiasm. If true, we could see another big surge.

3 Likes

Maybe alt-Investors are buying into Bitcoin to cash out on the Bcc fork ? It’s an easy win if it goes well, but I’m not going to risk the ones I have by exchanging now into btc…

4 Likes

Yea… That’s what I was thinking. Maid is currently priced in bitcoin which may not help. I think as soon as the BCC is out of the way btc will flow back in. But, I’d not risk my maids though.

5 Likes

34 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussions of Bitcoin, its future and other things

Hey has anyone used the Omni Decentralized Exchange?

It looks like you can buy MAID on there etc. But it looks like everything says 0 volume?

Does it work?

Ive never used it. However afaik it works. Ppl need to offer first and i think most just use centralised exchanges.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions of Bitcoin, its future and other things

Seems MAID is taking a beating with what I assume is people wanting BTC before the 1st Aug hard fork.

I am wondering that it might be more profitable to buy MAID now and sell it later rather than get BTCC and sell it.

Anyhow I now have more MAID now than I ever have had.

5 Likes

I wish I could just buy maid using fiat.

BCC . LOL! There are a bunch of people ready to pull the trigger and dump BCC on the market,
buying bitcoin to get ‘Free’ BCC at these prices is a bit silly.

Here is my not so secret play…

1. Load my kraken account with fiat.
  2. Watch BCC launch, and probably crash and undershoot in value.
  3. Buy cautiously depending on price, BCC may not recover - who knows.
  4. Wait for BCC to recover, then cash in a boatload of MAIDS.

What could go wrong?

7 Likes

Oh nothing can go wrong with crypto markets. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::yum::scream::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue::sob:

4 Likes

I’m also steering clear of btc and bcc and just picking up what I perceive to be undervalued alts with my btc. I imagine they will all resume upwards once this wierd btc fest is over.

What could go wrong? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think so - I was planning to hold a few BTC to get the ‘free’ BCC, but I’m now planning to put it all in Maid / Eth now. It’s likely Maid will at least double compared to BTC in the coming months, and ETH rebound after the Bitcoin /BCH rush. I expect BCH will crash as those who dont like it dump to get ‘free’ BTC.

I have a similar plan to @Zoki - if it plays anything like ETC, which went very low when despair / rush to sell ETC kicked in, but then recovered once it was clear that there were a bunch of people who were loyal to the concept. I’m expecting the same could happen here with BCH.

Will be fun watching this play out, and I’ll try to be sensible enough to not lose to much if / when nothing goes as I expected :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, way I see it is a few options.

Either stick it in lending for a safe 3-5% for the next 24-48 hours - if you’re lucky you’ll make 10% on your BTC over the period.

Or buy some alts this evening and hope to get 50%+ gains - bit of a gamble because BTC might boom post fork so alts could drop.

Or hold BTC and get your BCC (and prob get about 10% in value), but it might not survive or be worth much by the time you sell it… or it could be worth a lot more if you hold and sell later?!

The way I see it the safest play is just to hold your BTC, get your BCC and do nothing. You can’t lose and it gives you the free hedge in case BCC does get adopted.

I can’t really be arsed with any stress on this one because I have no idea what’ll happen, so I’m playing it safe and I’ll just take the free BCC, sell half as quickly as I can (for BTC) and keep half ‘just in case’.

You guys buying alts will probably have made the best play, I just don’t fancy any risk at the moment and a little voice in my head is warning that BTC or BCC could moon so I should just hold a piece of everything until I have a better idea which way the tide is going.

7 Likes

Changed my mind (again!) and hedged a little by holding some btc alongside maid purchases. GL all

3 Likes

So my scenario now.
On fork btc instantly drops by 15% to value the new chain, then bounce back hard on a huge relief rally that will last for days.
On this rally we will get close to 4000$ per btc in a few weeks. The increase makes altcoins go down as people sell them to participate in the btc rally.

When eventually dust settles in a few weeks and btc stabilises between 3500$ and 4000$, we will have the best entry point in most altcoins. Some alts will never recover the collapse, but the sound projects like MAID start a long unbelievable shot to the moon at this stage as people eventually diversify from bitcoin to enter single conviction trades on a case per case basis.

Tldr 3rd week of August is the bottom for altcoin, and a level we may never reach again for MAID.

9 Likes

Sell the lot at 10, get back in at 5! Bold. I like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So is btc fork on the 1st of august and segwit activation on the 8th?

Well it’s now 1st August 00:24 UTC

Fork predicted at 12:20 UTC.

1 Like