MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

So I’ve been doing some whale watching - exploring the top 100 MAID addresses, really just out of curiosity (I don’t actively trade).

It seems this address could be Brock Pierce’s, given that he said he bought 10% of MAID at the ICO:
19h9LpXHVKEYzDJCKdhaXkmu3zavZdiyYk

He just moved 1 million MAID three days ago to Poloniex, and has been moving fairly large sums - about 10 million MAID in total now (all seems to have been sent to Polo), so he is down to 34 million MAID in this address. I haven’t properly checked this, but it seems he moves when the MAID price surges, I believe a few people here have already noticed this though.

I also wanted to highlight this address:
1AoDUDd2qK9YU3ps5jzd6hWCzF2kLwUoiN

That address has about 9.4 million MAID now. It seems likely they bought around 4.8 million MAID at ICO, and has been accumulating since. In Apr + May this year there’s been 1.3 million MAID sent from Polo to the address. Doesn’t necessarily mean current buys, it could just be money stuck on Polo and they’ve been maxing out withdraw limits to get it off Polo.

Now this address with 7 million MAID on it:
1BgQmAZ9wSEF5MvrN6dRopUBr1XDw1PAt

There was quite a lot of big sends to various different addresses so it was difficult to keep track. However it seems likely the owner bought about 33.4 million MAID. I don’t know if most of that stack is now sold off or whether it’s just kept in different addresses.

Last little bit I wanted to share about whale watching on www.omnichest.info. These three addresses:
133pYGsG2dDVFSsNK5RSuK7fQFmzjCNquY
1Bona24fYY3Qx2uFcnt6eDsWqao5vo6Mez
1LLV91m8jJuaD8tavssMcNu8GdLRu8Nz2n

All with 5 million MAID in each, and if you check the timestamps for when they were sent it was all on the same date: 3/18/2016 2:11:14 AM. Seems very likely one person owns all three wallets for a total of 15 million MAID, and possibly more in other wallets. The coins were all bought at the crowdsale.

Anyway, take from that what you will. My guess is until the address possibly belonging to Brock is done unloading his coins, we won’t be seeing a huge surge in price (against BTC) just yet.

7 Likes