MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

OK, all sorted now…get pumping that price CCP!..lol :smile:

1 Like

Out of top 10 and displaced by far less interesting technology. I suppose they aren’t in alpha, but it still seems short sighted.

2 Likes

Yeah, not surprising though. It was only recently that Eth was worth a fraction of LTC or Ripple. People like to invest in things they can easily understand.

The market is also exploding everywhere with new money. It took me a fair while to understand what SAFE was all about, now it’s even more confusing with all the money and hype around so many projects and ideas.

It will change quickly when testsafecoin comes. When stuff just works people flock to it, but if you can’t show it to them you can’t expect them to get it.

I agree though, it does seem very short-sighted. Especially from our [biased] perspective.

If the day comes where SAFE Network and SAFEcoin is a reality and it works as we think it will then it seems likely to me that our faith will be vindicated and we’ll end up #1 pretty quickly. I think we’re all still convinced of that here. Sod what the rest of the world thinks when most don’t have any thoughts at all about it :confounded:… yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Possibly off to the races again here ladies :smile:

5 Likes

Lol, what a surprise, they removed the wall and bought up 200/300 btc worth of the accumulated weak hands.

:scream::smile:

I guess a fool and his money will always be easily parted. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I rode that wave up and then I rode it down again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Price looks solid around $0.20 lately. What are the odds of it hitting $0.30 soon

1 Like

5 I think. Or maybe H

2 Likes

It seems much of the top 10 is overbought relative to maidsafecoin. To me anyway… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’ve snuck back in @ 22c and $100M.

Madness that SAFE isn’t top 5 at least, even with no product in the wild.

5 Likes

Yes, crazy. Every legit and two-bit alt in the universe has pumped these last two weeks but not Maid!

4 Likes

Yeah. All development and no hype will pay off in the end though I’m sure. It’s a marathon, not a sprint after all. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just wanted to point out that there is currently ZERO demand for loans for margin trading.
This means that there is nobody in Poloniex betting against MaidSafeCoin, this is extremely weird. Because of the absolute absence of demand the loan interests rates have been close to zero (0.073% APR), and yet nobody is taking them… And this has been the case for weeks now.
Either the lending system is broken, or there is a bull rally building up like crazy.

5 Likes

Any particular reason why the price is currently increasing?

I wonder if the people started to realize that the project is not vaporware anymore

5 Likes

They should have realized that long ago when alpha came out

2 Likes

Seems to be someone who keeps dumping it down now. I can’t make sense of some of these moves. My optimistic side is saying that its an attempt to suppress price to buy cheap, but I’m far from certain. We need a good update tonight I think. :smile:
Edit:
Bit of a smallish sell wall at !800 now…oooer…

1 Like

Nah, it’s just because BTC is going up a bit… people panic to get back into BTC and oversell the % change in alts

2 Likes

Hmmm…I had thought of this, but was thinking this dumping started pre the latest $10 rise and this maybe just accounts for the drop from 1800?
Thinking about it, we pretty much know that someone has at least $1m of both btc and msafe. The price on poloniex and bitfinex is way above all other exchanges - the 6 -7% discount on usdt matches this almost perfectly, so accounts for price increase.
Given that someone has a large amount of cash to play with and they wanted to suppress msafe price to buy cheap - how much would it take to raise btc price on poloniex only by $10 or so in order to use as cover to suppress price?
Probably thinking too much into it here, but worth asking. :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah that might well be true.

There is the update cycle too. We’ve always had small dumps on the days of updates. It used to be Tuesday, now on Thursday… ‘buy the rumour sell the news’ kind of stuff. Not that anyone expects a huge update today I don’t think. It would be a bit quick.

Ha, I reckon you might be giving the whale moves and current MAID market a bit too much credit. Not that I have any idea, but I’d be surprised if anything like that was going on for the sake of such a low liquidity market given how much money is changing hands in other markets and how much money it would take to hold the BTC price up. I reckon it would take a lot of money to hold the BTC price over $10 difference on polo for more than a few hours