MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

It is not abandoned, just the synchronization of the whole bitcoin blockchain takes an insane amount of time. And without a whole bitcoin node, the work cannot continue…

@DeusNexus continues to work on it :godzilla:

image_2020-10-12_09-00-21

5 Likes

I’m going to have to disagree with that. It took me less than a day recently. Are you using a Raspberry Pi or some other low power device? Low bandwidth connection?

2 Likes

Just a cheerleader here. @DeusNexus does all the work, as far as I know the node is in the cloud…

3 Likes

Is there any value in having another full node?
@DeusNexus

I think it’s a lot of work for one person. More grease to his elbow. @DeusNexus, if there’s anything we can do to support you, please let us know. From a technical standpoint, I can only cheer you on, but if there’s a funding, marketing or strategy need, I’m happy to pitch-in.

6 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Safe Network Dev Update - October 22, 2020

Yes, this and lack of a product that people can say Aaah, so that’s what they have been going on about

4 Likes

For now it is mostly waiting for synchronization but that is nearly done, took a long time to get it right.

7 Likes

Make a backup. :grin:

For future, you know its available as a torrent?

I’m no TA expert but been charting support/resistance and patterns for awhile now with success. Prepare for some rambling.

There’s a lot to this question that I wouldn’t be able to fully answer but from what I see is that it looks mostly like algo trades basing off moving averages, and support and resistance levels which are definitely respected. So I don’t think it’s blue skies above but many levels of resistance. That also means massive levels of support as well and also those resistances once they flip to support should hold well, granted maybe only truly if it’s really being traded.

I’m uncertain but I think these exchanges that do still trade MAID might have large amounts that they slowly sell into the market and it manages to hover around 10c because it’s kind of a happy middle ground. Anything below and real buyers like us jump in, anything high enough then people looking to offload for profit or BTC or other coins they think are moving faster like LINK etc then they will sell right into it. Then there are many who HODL and that I think helps it maintain a bit of a base. The more people that HODL a limited digital asset the better obviously but it’s not like we get a bunch of new HODLers to help reduce supply.

I wonder if the exchanges actually are slowly and algorithmically selling off without fluctuating price much and once they finish if they’ll say, okay delisted. Of course this is just speculation.

The order books being thin means there are little buyers and price can be moved easily which presents a couple of problems for people wanting to make big sells or buys as the price will either pump or dump as they attempt to buy or sell large amounts which actually makes me surprised we don’t suffer from pump and dump groups. I’m guessing there’s a logical explanation for that.

Part of the thin order books might be what many others have mentioned. Lack of a working product ((yet) I believe in you Maidsafe! I know we are close and we’ll change the world for the better), lack of marketing, not enough exposure on larger exchanges or to the US at all, etc. The project is OG and that gets some respect from some older crypto crowd but the new money want hype, buzz words, and the flavor of the week typically. I think that once we do launch we’ll actually be able to climb legitimately as a fundamental project that was beginning to be built the same time ethereum emerged and that the network will be a good place for a burgeoning ecosystem. We might want to appeal to the money making side a bit with smart contracts and defi crap but focus mostly on actual useable services, digital content, censorship resistance, secure storage, e-commerce, all that low hanging fruit and more.

Getting an ERC-20 MAID I think should only help but the only thing that will REALLY help is a working product. Pointing to the website and a promise might do some good but when some find out how old the project is, the intellectually lazy will write it off as vapor ware.

I think someone mentioned this before regarding the chart but I suspect it best to keep our MAID chart when we transfer to the official network coin because it won’t look like a pump and dump like FIL does now. Those types of charts are hard to recover from long term. I think they’re lucky to still be in the $20 range with the way a trader would look at that but it’s probably because it also still has some utility.
When we get the network coin we’ll have to do everything in our power to share apps, sites, etc and get us on major exchanges, or get partnerships. Can you imagine google docs or a competitor using Safe as a backend just for the CRDT benefits alone? Or for RDF when that comes around again? IoT. It will be undeniable eventually.

My hope is we get something concrete relatively soon to build upon. We could probably succeed no matter what with the proposition of the Safe Network but we could have the wind at our backs if we can throw a sail up in the near term.

14 Likes

Thank you for the thoughtful response. Really appreciate it!

I’ve wondered who’s really selling now too. The relatively tight trading band over the past several months does seem to support this line of thinking, but who knows? :woman_shrugging:t5:

For sure. I think that the answer to “what can/do you do with the tech?” needs to be more than self-evident with concrete, usable examples/applications.

Agreed.

Couldn’t agree more. There’s a wave swelling that should be caught.

5 Likes

58 posts were split to a new topic: When Safe launches

What’s the opposite of moon?

erm … noom?

7 Likes

Sun … worry not… it goes up, it goes down… they both do. Markets cycle but fundamentals matter more.

3 Likes

Grab em cheap while you can :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you distribute them evenly and fairly to your community after you buy them? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :joy:

3 Likes

In an ideal communist world, everybody gets according to his needs. In this case, MAID would be free for everyone. I selfishly hope MAID will not follow this trail. Would rather prefer capitalist ideal - buy low, sell high… Grab em cheap while you can :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No comrade! You have misunderstood the secret text! Those rules are not for us elites, they are for the slave, whoops I mean the working class :grimacing:

4 Likes