MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

17 posts were split to a new topic: The tick and me

Loving these prices. Buying bit by bit. Just crossing my fingers and hoping the team have things under control at their end. Can’t tell by the updates. They are written in a foreign language. Swahili I think.

8 Likes

Yep. Still nibbling after all these years. I do understand the updates and am greatly encouraged, although still agnostic on timeframe. At the current rate I’ll own the entire float in mere 8 millennia or so, so they’d better hurry up.

12 Likes

They probably won’t release anything before then anyway, so you can do it!

I’m hoping this price sticks for selfish reasons till the weekend when I free up some Bitcoin.

2 Likes

I am a little hesitant to post this because I know nothing about this seemingly new exchange, but seeing as we are in lean exchange times does anyone know of them?
It was posted in reddit this morning.

1 Like

If you believe that they will not bankrupt Today, you can use this service with fraction of total amount willing to buy/sell step by step. I think it is worth to have for some US users.

2 Likes

How does Omni work. I have some MAID, but I never understood how Omni really works. How would I sell my MAID really? Send them to someone elses Omni bitcoin adress? Is that how you do it? And also, should one deposit BTC to the Omni BTC adress in order to be able to pay for transaction fees? I just dont get how a BTC adress could both hold BTC and MAID, its confusing.

Good explanation here: How do coloured coins work? - Bitcoin Stack Exchange

2 Likes

Yes. It’s not that complicated. You need BTC at the address that holds your MAID to be able to move it around.

For exchange, I’ve been using coinswitch lately. You can also opt for changelly (beware of potential KYC) and/or SimpleSwap.

2 Likes

Just for a laugh, I worked out it costs $457 and takes 2 hours to store a 700 MB compact disc on bitcoin sv.

Looking at blocks 656762-656771

block size (kB) fees (satoshis)
656771 893 645899
656770 10426 3607326
656769 0 0
656768 18129 6038981
656767 0 0
656766 779 822040
656765 0 0
656764 7415 3256895
656763 0 0
656762 6655 2090959

The average block size is 4430 kB

The average block time is 19 minutes

The average fee is 0.3629 satoshi per byte

Maximum block size is 128 MB, so basically all of that is still available for data.

The fee for 128 MB of data would be 0.4871 bsv (assuming no overhead which is not quite true)

700 MB is 5.469 lots of 128 MB, which would be 2.6638 bsv in tx fees. At an exchange rate of $171.44 this gives $457.

6 blocks @ 19 minutes each is 114 minutes or about 2 hours.

So the cost to upload 700 MB to permanent storage in bitcoin-sv is $457 and takes 2 hours.

Assuming nobody else is trying to upload anything.

Assuming fees stay at this price.

Assuming exchange rate stays at this price.

Assuming bitcoinsv doesn’t break under 128MB block load.

Assuming bitcoinsv blockchain is permanent.

Not a very meaningful comparison but I was curious.

13 Likes

For this money you can store this disk in Storj for the next 18000 years (1 TB is about $ 1.5 per month)…

3750 years if you download it once a month:

681 years if you want to have it on several continents at once:

Opss error, I clicked on terabytes, it doesn’t matter if it’s on different continents:

7 Likes

MAID/BTC - Automatic reaction of ST in Phase B in progress due to new low on lacking sell volume. Following Wyckoff distribution is show per chart below.

MAIDUSD - Accumulation complete at (iv) of EW structure, now breaking out of the triangle.

For live version of this chart please see the tradingview chart here:

7 Likes

That’s only in the best case scenario where everyone resonates with both that graph and wanting to topple the current Internet’s/Bitcoin’s mere matchstick-light power source with Safe Net’s/Safecoin’s Wardenclyffe paradigm shift. I’m not sure anyone wants that.

1 Like

Be a bit positive that sounds way better :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’m often curious about the patterns people see and the interpretations they apply when it comes to price charts. That being said, I’m also mildly surprised that MAID is still hanging in the 10 cents range. Were MAID to have recouped as much of it’s previous ATH as BTC has, it would be trading at around 78 cents at the moment. Given the seeming proximity to Fleming, a price in that range seems like a bargain.

For those of you who divine the price charts, how would you explain the current price performance? Given the current state of the order books what would a move to 78 cents entail (I.e. are there people waiting to sell at that level? If so, relatively how many? How much additional demand or what level of orders would push the price?)

As many here have predicted, we’re now in a market environment where MAID and (more specifically) SAFE could greatly benefit from a rising tide that raises all ships. What is the likelihood (at the moment) of catching that wave?

5 Likes

I’m no expert…but I would think that one of the main barriers to maid benefiting from the rising tide would be the lack of exchanges?

3 Likes

If we were to get to 78cents then I’d be looking to sell 10-15% of myy modest holdings.

Would you be looking to sell because you seen no further value? For repurchase? What would be your point of view?

Just taking some profit - if my work situation improves then I would reconsider and hodl

1 Like