MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

:joy: :joy: :joy: How can I trust someone who uses an alias by name “(Crypto)skeptic” ? :thinking:

4 Likes

get him to send you the BTC first then transfer the MAID :slight_smile:

Or employ Southside Escrow Security Helpers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

S.e.s.h… hmmmm :thinking:

5 Likes

Pesky kids…

3 Likes

Send it to me I’ll sell it for you.

1 Like

Just a few rambling thoughts as I’ve been home the last couple of days with time to think:

They say that the teacher appears when the student is ready.

Recently while thinking about: MAID AWAY (MAID giveaway) Do YOU want to participate?

I drifted backward in time trying to remember when it was I first bought MAID and of course came the thought thereafter how much longer am I willing to wait?

I never read much about Warren Buffet or watched programs about him, honestly I do not know much about the man at all other than what mostly everyone else knows.

He appeared in an interview on YouTube discussing how it is he goes about writing the annual investors letter to Berkshire Hathaway investors. I thought it was a simple and yet smart strategy.

I’ve found in life, the simple way of doing things but also thinking about things sometimes is far more powerful than some multidimensional abstract way.

I truly believe that the Universe is a far more mysterious place than we can currently know. The thing about it though is that we’re a part of it just the same as your blood cells are a part of you and yet they’re separate. And yet we are taught we are separate from the universe around us when we really aren’t. It’s all perspective.

I’ve been a believer in the power of intuition, the gut feel as some refer to it. For me it acts both as a gut feel but also as signs in the world around me. Like tea or coffee ground reading, the difference is I don’t believe you need coffee or tea for anything other than drinking, it exists all around us, we are a part of it. These divination techniques have been around for thousands of years.

Just yesterday I was thinking about this topic while discussing my parents house situation, they’re trying to sell and it’s just kind-of not working out, every day some new thing surprises them, my wife and I agreed, the universe or whatever it is you want to call it, is just kind of telling them to stay put for the moment. We are in uncertain times.

Back to MAID, introspection, money and future.

This morning there is a quote I read in a crypto currency newsletter I am subscribed to while drinking hot coffee and staring at the contrast between the cold, wet, grey, cloudy outside and the fake colour and cgi of the Avengers movie my kids were watching.

" “If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes.”

— Warren Buffett

Edit. This post lagged when loading, never loaded, then saved with some of the content missing. Strange.

10 Likes

I’m doing the daily backup of the forum, it may be lagging because of that …

4 Likes

The mystery is forked Like this: I am a separate entity passing through the Universe. I am consciousness as the Universe passes through me.

“ * Make Long-Term Investments Over Short Term Ones.”

Buffett

The short Term is the illusion of mortality, the long term is the eternity of consciousness. Lol!

4 Likes

This is a matter of perspective. Long term is different for each person. How long have you had your maidsafecoins?

2 Likes

Never really thought about how long I’ve held mine till reading the above post. Over six years now since the crowdsale!

7 Likes

Did some TA again as things get more shape.
Some analysis on MAIDUSD and MAIDBTC, daily and weekly charts.

For those asking why I’m using closes for this wave count, my personal findings show that in a very noise market like this where orderbook is more thin, the closings are a better representation where a price is able to remain for a larger amount of time eliminating market buys and wrong presentation of thin orderbooks.

This shows 3 consequent upwaves and now in corrective phase, and as far as I see it we are now in the X-A leg, this is a turning point at support of (iv) but we can still see one more B-C leg after this. That might create a cup and handle formation, but obviously don’t take my word for it, this is my general expectation.

On USD weekly we are on a TD 5 with a bottom bullish doji, could be a decent reversal signal as we are at equalateral support of this inverted IHS and might see a similar amount of uptrend/reversal with 12 bars as shown. Break-out of the IHS is in general the same length of a shoulder for target about the neckline putting this at a projected price of 48 cents, the price on 24 August should correspond to 20 cent.

Lastly weekly TD count on MAIDBTC, also looks bullish with a TD 6 this week, 6/7/8’s all have been great reversal counts.

7 Likes

Is there any point in using/charting TA for a coin that hardly has any trading volume ($200K daily) ?

4 Likes

I think so. Even though the order books might be thin and the TA a bit less predictable, it still can give some insight into when best to buy.

3 Likes

I may be wrong, but for cryptocurrency with the potential to make x10000 the next 5 years there is no bad time to buy…

:dimitar:

8 Likes

So the trick right now is to buy items that after a reset can be taken to a market place and be sold and bought for with a new currency.

I guess you have traditional items like gold and silver, which have physical properties that do not change when national currencies and money systems change.

We also have crypto, which SAFECoin to me makes most sense - as it provides access to raw functionality. In a data economy/world, having direct access to computing resources even while a banking collapse is in progress will keep wheels spinning.

In an extreme case, land and food production is what you really need to own for a total collapse but I really don’t think that will happen.

If I can exchange 1 safecoin for a loaf of bread I think I would have done well to preserve some purchasing power.

3 Likes

I’m not sure we didn’t see that deflationary “collapse” back in March. Some oil futures even went significantly negative. Was short-lived, but the money printing since then has been insane. Add yesterday’s EU bailout deal and silver is off to the races. I think we may have bypassed the deflationary stage for now. May be inflation as far as the eye can see for the next 5 - 10 years. As much as it doesn’t really make sense to me fundamentally, the price signals are all full speed ahead for inflation.

4 Likes

@Antifragile Genuinely curious when I ask these questions. Why would the digital 1’s and 0’s in peoples bank accounts disappear? Do you believe there will be some great debt reset and if so why and how would that play out? Would those most in debt be the winners or losers? Eg. if people have loans do the loans get wiped and people keep their property or do the banks take everything away like after 2008-9?

Personally I’m expecting a head fake in the stock market before another serious drop. But that also might not happen.

Where do you read up on this stuff? I’ve been trying to really tune into this.

2 Likes

My guess is inflation will be much higher soon and maybe debt is something you would want until the can can’t be kicked down the road anymore (maybe 2030?) and then deflation will devastate us all and you’d want your debt gone by then.

2 Likes

The Great Reset | World Economic Forum not an answer to your general questions @Nigel, looking forward to seeing what @Antifragile has to say about that, but this is interesting reading on “The Great Reset”

1 Like

I agree completely. I think covid has been used as the cover to print money like crazy not only to compensate for the virus impact but offset the other problems/imbalances. The only question is whether we “see” deflation before inflation takes off. The PM moves would indicate that unlike 2008 that the answer is “no”. Perhaps the money printers are ahead of the curve this time. But maybe there will be another down wave first. Probably depends on how soon a vaccine comes out and whether further stimulus is rolled out.