MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

I haven’t tried in quite a while, but glad to hear it may still work.

2 Likes

I expressed in another post that it’s not the fault of David or the team that the US is it’s own worst enemy sometimes. However, it’s also true that the view that everyone else who does have access to bittrex, if it was delisted tomorrow, wouldn’t have such a sense of calm and be looking to hand out pep talks about the US and how the world works.

1 Like

All I can say is, people should not invest what they cannot afford to lose.

4 Likes

True, and I use that philosophy myself. However, the situation does prevent me from recommending MAID to friends and family.

4 Likes

Radix rank 2473 has achieved 1.8 million in trading volume in a short period of time.This is because they are listen on a number of exchanges. MAID rank 161 currently has 2 million in trading volume.

We will win :wink: At least we will give the world a Safe version of the Internet. A lot will flow from that.

In terms of exchanges it’s madness, folk think it’s easy (far far from it), or free(never is) and it will solve all problems (it won’t) and worse after all the effort and paying that would would not be delisted again. I feel there are a lot of folk who have never listed a coin on any exchange profoundly explaining it’s simple and “just do it”.

To be clear, if exchanges say MAID trading as profitable then they would do it. We are speaking with some and who knows, we may be lucky (I am awaiting an email tomorrow (should have been last week) for an exchange that does allow USA, so lets see if it happens and folk sign up and use it).

There’s a lot of misinformation and lack of real world experience involved here, listings are hard as hell. The applications forms bad enough, but it’s really nothing in terms of getting listed, the rest of the work is significant and if anyone thinks that it’s not then I will gladly hear their experience of directly listing a coin. I feel the premise and expectation of a listing is far from the reality of doing it. If the exchange is not asking, then it’s unlikely we will get on one without a big cost, these guys are all for profit and immense risk free profit. They don’t do work for nothing and expect all costs to be paid up front for any integration etc. then liquidity/airdrops and the other “this will really help your project” costs.

However almost every single exchange will vie for your business via “listing managers” and they all love our “blockchain project” and have loved our “blockchain project” for years.

We need to take different routes here and act much much smarter than foundering fish on the sand. Good news though is we can :wink:

22 Likes

Haha. If that’s all you had to say you wouldn’t have referenced me to look up Finnish history. $0 or $600 on maid, I’m good, life goes on.

Definitely bogus. Call me petty, but I’ve sworn off Bittrex because of this.

I think it was anti-competitive as well, especially as Polo exited the US entirely.

I also think that low trade volume had more to do with where the project was listed than the project itself.

I don’t think people think it will solve all problems, and if they do—they are sorely mistaken. I think listing solves the problem of access and will likely positively improve the project’s image and reputation.

3 Likes

I only quoted you for context. I’m glad you’re good financially.

Here are interesting questions to ask.

Why do exchanges need to speak to a MaidSafe Director? (think about it, apart from a legal opinion on security, there is no reason, bar getting money).

Why would an exchange not just list a token? (they can and nothing we can do to stop them)

In the world of crypto surely a token is just a token, for the many small projects listed, there are opportunity (trading) profits, look at all the Defi scams etc. they will get listed easy. It’s down to desire to trade, folk screaming please list this, hey look X is on Y exchange and doing a ton of trades per day. Then it’s erc20 tokens so little or no integration issues etc.

The reality bites. All the free market supporters should see this is how a free market would work and probably does. The listing negotiations etc. well …

As I say anyone who thinks it’s simple, show me what coin you did and how you did it, otherwise realise pushing a listing is like pushing a position in a deal, yer gonna pay more and there is a reason for that!

However there are things we can do/try, but none beats launching a product first (testnet/Fleming/Beta etc.). So let’s all get our backs to a successful roadmap here and get behind the shove many of us are already making.

14 Likes

No, again mis representing (you are really way out trying to do this). The testnet was to be feature complete We actually scaled back to try without rewards and that was a mistake and we then went all out to put rewards in and no take short cuts and more code to work whit no rewards.

So feature complete testnet == feature complete testnet. We almost did a feature missing one, but it did not work out.

Please don’t misquote, it’s unhelpful to any discourse. There is no feature creep (always a great way to insult Engineers and require no proof, sounds classy and bossy at the same time, should really be said only when standing on a high chair looking down at your cat)

14 Likes

It is not the time to sell Maid now. The investors are waiting for Maidsafe to prove the technology and make a successful Testnett. If not they will just se there investment go to 0 and move one. If the teknology is working I think we will see a lot of help in listings from the investors who will be looking for a hype cycle to sell some of their holdings into. So in the end, it’s all about delivering a proven product. I believe that we are near the end now and as an investor/holder I see the lack of exchanges at this time as an opportunity to slowly accumulate more Maid. I understand the US supporters’ frustration. They want to invest in more Maid and cant. I don’t believe we have many sellers at this point in time. I see the situation as a youtube marketing opportunity. US citizens blocked from invest in a world-changing technology.

7 Likes

I think the current bull run may be skewing perception here slightly.
There have been unjust remarks from several people that what is fueling this debate is greed.

I personally have for a long time been trying to communicate with exchanges as an community member as I share the view that it should be possible without Maidsafe’s involvement.

I have been doing so long before there was even a sniff of a bull run it has absolutely nothing to do with hoping for gains by adding additional exchanges… zero.

My fear and I feel the fear of others is, what happens if Bittrex delists tomorrow?

To that measure I have not really given a damn about a new exchange supporting me as US resident, all I want is to know is that there is a backup.

I dont blame Maidsafe for this situation but I do understand why many people are anxious and I find it disrespectful to put it down to greed.

I precisely dont communicate my efforts publicly on here out of fear that it will be misinterpreted as such.

Let’s not go to that level.
Lots of people getting heated and it is turning ugly.

14 Likes

I’m very happy that the rest of the world can load up and then use our frustration in the US as a marketing campaign platform. I think we have done our good will here as US holders of MAID.

1 Like

I’ve said it many times. I would like a US option but the singularity is even worse and it’s easy to be calm while there is nothing to worry about.

What people cant have, they want. US frustration is good when our goal is to get Maid listed to let US citizens participate.

You should I reckon. There’s a huge chasm between moving things on and attacking others for not doing so. Things appear greed led when it’s all shouty you better do this! it’s your fault! I demand XX etc.

Anyone trying to get us listed or pushing for listing publically can only ever be a good thing. Anyone who is against that would be in the wrong. We should all be pushing for listings where possible IMO.

5 Likes

@Knosis

Question : would the existence of erc wrapped maid alleviate the concerns posted above?

It would allow for access to DEXs making CEXs unnecessary. DEXs serve everyone.

Then why not focus your energy there and assist the community member/team currently working toward that goal?

9 Likes