MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

Yes. Mostly ETH and ADA

A portion of my holdings. My portfolio is heavy in crypto, and I’d like to diversify into other investments.

No. Too much effort to trade trends and I don’t particularly enjoy the process.

Not specifically. Depends on the situation: price, US market, regulation, etc.

Depends on whether a solid exchange is developed yet on the network at the time I’m ready to sell. I will avoid CEX as much as possible. A Safe DEX or DBCs would be first option, Cardano or ETH based DEX, if possible would be next.

Probably. Though for my needs this will not amount to much.

I plan on selling about a third of my holdings in the near term, and hodling the rest, perhaps indefinitely, making use of lines of credit rather than selling.

When launch comes, I doubt we will have liquidity problems. Plenty of old time holders will sell a portion of their bags, and plenty of people will be rushing in, imo.

5 Likes

“Do you trade other cryptocurrencies?” No.

“After launch do you plan on selling maid?” Not all of it, not even a small/tiny chunk or anything.
I’m hoping that after launch (and then some), it will be valuable enough for even moderate holders to sell microscopically.

“After launch do you plan on trading/speculating on price of maid or SN token?” a) No, just observe!
“Are you waiting to convert to SN token before selling or trading?” b) Selling as life necessitates.
(But doing everything in my power to keep holding everything I can.)

“Will you sell or trade only on Safe Network based exchanges/DEXs? Or on centralized exchanges that hopefully can legally implement a SN token/fiat/BTC trading pair?” Either, is fine.

“Do you plan on using tokens you’ve hodled for network services?” I’d think so.
“Do you plan on not selling for many years?” Never, if selling means get rid of all of it.

I feel like the largest holders (there are some absurd amounts of MAID in some individuals’ hands, I think?) will “sell all of it” or be more likely to, or at least sell half—or some larger fraction—before it hits 100s of dollars, or even 10s. Moderate to large bag holders I would recommend to hold as long as possible, and not sell, because if everything works out as planned, then I don’t see any safer way to hold your monetary value, but maybe I’m bias or don’t have a full picture. I’m not sure if years down the line, suddenly some random bug appears and destroys everything… lol. Maybe incorporated updates would prevent that.

3 Likes

For me it’s an investment, I used to trade other crypto currencies, but it’s not worth it in the US, taxes make the risk too high. Every single transaction is taxed.

Took some pretty big hit on money I never made, but still had to pay out at tax collection!

I did sell a month ago about 100k, so that definitely brought some liquidity. Why would you ask? Didn’t have a choice, toxes where too close to comfort.

I have a price in my mind I will eventually sell at, but it’s nowhere near the number in my mind, it will be a while before I trade again!

2 Likes

Here’s the thing…Even if Safe functions exactly as we envision, it doesn’t guarantee worldwide adoption. Which is what it would take to do as you say here. There are so many variables that we cannot account for, and some that we can account for, but fail to overcome. Make sure that you reward yourself to some extent for your patience thus far, even before the realization of the network. Take a small percentage for profits, and let the rest ride. Particularly if you are all in. No such thing as a sure bet.

Edit: you likely have more coins than I (I’d consider myself a moderate bag holder), and I still plan on selling some(25%-33%) with the hype of launch. The rest, if SAFE is all that we think it is, will be more than enough.

1 Like

Given the responses and sentiment of long term holding it does seem as though there will be a large amount of profit taking at launch. Even if it’s not a hodlers full stack, there will be many with far less conviction but maybe once they see launch and development their thinking will shift a little.

People will sell. You’ll need some at least small amount of tokens to utilize the network, so the question is will people buy to speculate? To use? Or mostly just farm? And like you mentioned @Antifragile and I also touched on this more subtly, if the network is highly inflationary then almost all hodlers will have been doing so in vein.

I will hold for a couple more years and if we don’t see some kind of promising price action, I will wait until I have seen enough profit to pay off my original investment and then hold the rest and accept it may never be a noteworthy investment in terms of returns.

1 Like

76 posts were split to a new topic: Technical and operational discussion of network design

Price is not looking good lately, that is a steady decline :confused:. Defininitely some cheap coins to be had however in :joy::+1:!

I think essentially this downtrend will continue. I still think 20 cents is a possibility, not buying anymore until we get to that point because there is still nothing tangible yet after all these years sadly.

1 Like

I doubt if it will go back below 1000 satoshi except on a short dip maybe, but yeah not looking like it will go up against btc any time soon. In dollars it will most likely go up at least a bit if BTC rises.

In my view the people that got impatient waiting for testnets left and we we are coming back to the true believers and long-term holders. Price tells a lot about the emotion we project onto things, and for those less technically orientated it’s easy to get lost in all these updates and what is really going on.

What I personally miss is to see just one simple website in the Safe Browser that I can upload to the testnets. Something tangible, that makes it more than just the terminal that we got used to putting in commands. My dream is to see those beautiful chunks arriving in my node using tool @happybeing, playing that old cat video I uploaded to the network on my old-school HTML website and thinking “We are getting there!”. Everybody visits my perpertual video (I feel like I just made the world first complex NFT but with rich text formatting and media, staying there forever) and ofcourse the donation button, SafeCoin flowing in on my Safe Address.

I sit back and watch the donations tick up while the cat video runs, that shit is even better than NFT’s on ETH :smiley:

21 Likes

Well, I guess all the more satisfying when everything’s more finished, and it climbs from top200 to top20.

But it could just be coincidence that MAID’s gone down 21% vs. average cryptocurrencies’ market cap increasing 27%, as of a week ago or so, given that maybe MAID is still finishing up its downward correction from its peak, so to speak. Pretty sad coincidence, all the same. However, where there’s sadness, there’s pressure building back to go upwards, hopefully in more ways than one.

I can’t shake the feeling that there’s some kind of downward pressure here (regardless of the cryptocurrency uptrend) because of this project not being based on Blockchain. Blockchain has indeed grown apparently in terms of efficiency and speed (and the China mining migration helping its case to “become” ‘more’ decentralized, though that’s based on governmental control and not technological design), etc. — though it would be nice to lay out on the table, once again, why it is not the future, especially not for data storage. I just want to throw out there that this is the case, to put back into perspective a possibility for why people are losing sight of this project (if it’s not just coincidence), and why that lost sight is completely unwarranted.

4 Likes

People have lost sight because they haven’t seen anything tangible come to the table.
It is just an idea right now, nothing more. So unfortunately it looks like we are going to miss out on this bull run.
It looks like we are years off before something tangible appears, if it does appear. By which time a prolonged bear market might be on the horizon. Hence why I am sticking to that target of around 20 cents before buying more.
Of course I hope I am wrong and this is the lowest price we see and soon on to real new highs but there is a lack of exchanges and a lack of interest, to be frankly honest.

Have to agree with the lack of exchanges. Right now it’s HitBtc or Bittrex.

HitBtc I don’t trust, last time my funds got frozen for a week and Bittrex wallet has been stuck in maintenance for 9 days now.

Even if you bought some coins now they would be stuck on the exchange for who knows how long…

I don’t think that because someone shouts 20 cents during an overall crypto bull run that there’s even a remote chance of it happening, no matter this project’s circumstances (which can be argued in the other, positive direction, just as well!). There’s only so much that MAID can stay the same while BTC tries for 100k eventually.

I think something that could generate hype during this very different change in crypto perception lately, if price progress truly does stagnate, is a transition for MAID to ERC20, now more than ever. I think PDC did something regarding ERC20, and it’s rising quite a bit. Anyway, no pressure on the devs or anything. Maybe sometime in the nearer future.

1 Like

Wait are there problems with some of the exchanges MAID is on right now, like Bittrex? Is that a reason for price stagnation? No idea. I thought that P2PB2B or whatever exchange was functional now, though of course it being a less reputable CEX, doesn’t instill as much confidence as Bittrex or maybe even HitBTC.

Someone said recently the wallet was offline at trex, just the normal wallet maintenance I’d assume.

Edit.
Just checked and it is still offline, I’m not concerned, normal for trex.
Ppl can still trade, but not send or withdraw for the time being.

1 Like

Wallet maintenance has been going on for all last week, to be fair, a fair amount of their wallets are under maintenance. It’s just taking a very long time. Maid being traded on only 2 exchanges its concerning they can lock selling and retrieving coins out of the exchange for such a long time!

Not something that would be acceptable on a stock exchange, somehow it’s ok with crypto.

Definitely doesn’t inspire confidence for traders being unable to send or retrieve your maid from an exchange for over a week.

It is completely normal behavior though from trex.
A pita maybe, but nothing can be done about it so no point getting stressed.

2 Likes

Just hoping it’s not much longer. I really don’t like leaving anything on an exchange, I’m sure there are others like me!

1 Like